The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU Speech and Language therapy 2013 entry.

Hi,
I am new to the forum, and I am looking for advise on accommodation.
There are three/four main options:
Calthorpe Hall Standard

Calthorpe Hall Large

Oakmount Hall Standard

Westmount Hall Standard

The website doen't have any picture so I was wondering what it was like.
Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Im doing nursing but getting to kno people x fancy adding me on fb or mailing me on here
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, that would be great. Add me, My name is Joss Williams on there:smile:
Hi, I'm Grace. I've firmed BCU for SLT. :smile:
Reply 4
Heyyy, I'm Hannah and i've firmed BCU :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JossWilliams
Hi,
I am new to the forum, and I am looking for advise on accommodation.
There are three/four main options:
Calthorpe Hall Standard

Calthorpe Hall Large

Oakmount Hall Standard

Westmount Hall Standard

The website doen't have any picture so I was wondering what it was like.
Thanks.

I've been round the accomodation. Westmount was probably the nicest with the best kitchens etc, im putting that first. Oakmont was also pretty nice and again had better facilities than Calthorpe in my opinion. Calthorpe was the most run-down. However it did have larger rooms. I'm going Westmount, Oakmount and then Calthorpe. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Sarahsvenson
Im doing nursing but getting to kno people x fancy adding me on fb or mailing me on here

Original post by JossWilliams
Yeah, that would be great. Add me, My name is Joss Williams on there:smile:

Yep that sounds ace! I'm Hannah Lane :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by HanLaa
I've been round the accomodation. Westmount was probably the nicest with the best kitchens etc, im putting that first. Oakmont was also pretty nice and again had better facilities than Calthorpe in my opinion. Calthorpe was the most run-down. However it did have larger rooms. I'm going Westmount, Oakmount and then Calthorpe. :smile:

Thank you. I'll probably apply to Westmount. :smile::smile:
Reply 9
I dont know whether to go for 40, 41 or 42 weeks for accomodation? :/
Reply 10
I'm still so confused on the accomodation front. Really like the look of IQ as its closer than opal but then city south just seems easier x
Reply 11
Has anyone received a letter from NHS to apply for the uni fees? I've firmed for SLT at BCU and thought i'd of heard something by now! x
Original post by HanLaa

On the accommodation form it states this:
'We are aware that some courses start early, please indicate this in Additional Information section and we will amend the licence accordingly, to the most appropriate licence.'
I think this means that it doesnt matter what you put down really as long as in the additional information section you say when your course starts and thats on 17-Sep-2013, they should correct it for you because I think we might even be at uni for a bit longer at the end of the year. At the interview they were like you will finish either midway through june or early july. Something like that anyway.
Original post by HanLaa

I emailed them asking how long the course is and they said 39 weeks :smile:
So I'm thinking about applying to City South accommodation. Which one out of the three are people staying in? I'm thinking Calthorpe just because its cheapest!
Reply 15
Original post by demijohnson
So I'm thinking about applying to City South accommodation. Which one out of the three are people staying in? I'm thinking Calthorpe just because its cheapest!

I'm going for Westmount :smile: cos it just felt the nicest to me! But i think they're all similar tbh..
Reply 16
No i havent heard anything about NHS yet. I dont know whether to wait for them or to apply for student loan for accomodation. I'll probably wait, does anyone know?
Reply 17
Hello! Im hopefully going to be studying SLT at BCU and would love to get to know some others who would be on the course? Please add me on here, or message me? It would be lovely to recognise some people when we begin!

Also, if anybody is looking for flatmates in the IQ building then also send me a message?:smile:
Hey, I'm starting SLT at BCU in Sept. Hopefully staying at City South Campus, although haven't heard back yet. Feel free to inbox me or add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/charlotte.abraham.94 :smile:
Reply 19
Everybody starting SLT this september at BCU, feel free to add me on facebook. My name is Joss Williams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending