The Student Room Group

Ancient Exam Papers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noble.

That calculator is a bit on the modern side tbh

2 of us had calculators and we were re-seated at the side of the gym so that we could plug them in
Reply 21
Original post by TenOfThem
That calculator is a bit on the modern side tbh

2 of us had calculators and we were re-seated at the side of the gym so that we could plug them in

Hahahaha, I'm hoping you're joking? :biggrin:
Original post by Noble.
Hahahaha, I'm hoping you're joking? :biggrin:

Nope

Sadly, I am telling it as it was
Reply 23
Original post by Noble.

computer says no
Reply 24
Nope

Sadly, I am telling it as it was

Oh dear. If having to plug a calculator into the mains isn't the definition of old I don't know what is (probably one powered by a mouse).

You're not that old though, started your degree in 1981, so you're in your late 40s, early 50s? Ok I'm digging a hole here...
Reply 25
Original post by the bear
computer says no

I was very apprehensive about Googling "old woman calculator" with safe-search off.
Original post by Noble.
Oh dear. If having to plug a calculator into the mains isn't the definition of old I don't know what is (probably one powered by a mouse).

You're not that old though, started your degree in 1981, so you're in your late 40s, early 50s? Ok I'm digging a hole here...

lol I am 50

just feels old

my daughter tries to convince me I am Middle aged still but I am not sure that living to 100 appeals :frown:
Original post by Noble.
I was very apprehensive about Googling "old woman calculator" with safe-search off.

I was wondering how you got my facebook picture
Reply 28
I was wondering how you got my facebook picture

I like your blinds.
Original post by notnek
I like your blinds.

lol
Reply 30
lol I am 50

just feels old

my daughter tries to convince me I am Middle aged still but I am not sure that living to 100 appeals :frown:

Don't worry, a third of the population are still older than you :biggrin:
Original post by Noble.

Woohooo
Reply 32
Original post by the bear
These are easier to read (DOC format) than the previous ones:

http://www.emaths.co.uk/teachers/index.php/past-papers/55-very-old-exam-papers.html

I think its the Alternative Syllabus exams that interest me the most, where you have questions on abstract algebra, dynamics, probability and algorithms all on one paper. The questions are all very easy though, presumably to make up for the breadth of the course?

Original post by notnek
I like your blinds.

LOL!

Original post by Noble.

Wow, that's actually rather accurate (at least it is according to my actuarial tables). Speaking of actuarial stuff, I really should do some studying :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest