The Student Room Group

Heated argument in fast food place

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's okay for all of you to criticize me, but honestly, this has ruined the rest of my day, I HATE onions!!! All she had to do was get the order right.
Original post by TheGuy117
It's okay for all of you to criticize me, but honestly, this has ruined the rest of my day, I HATE onions!!! All she had to do was get the order right.

Frankly I'm glad it ruined your day. It probably wasn't a nice day for her either thanks to you. Try being a nice person, it might get you somewhere in life.
Reply 22

If it’s any consolation you ruined her day too.

As you mentioned the place was busy so the mistake was easily made, get over it.
Are you serious?
Reply 25
Original post by rjm101
If it’s any consolation you ruined her day too.

As you mentioned the place was busy so the mistake was easily made, get over it.

So, a bad service is fine as long as it is busy?
Reply 26
If you'd gone back and pointed out the mistake calmly and rationally it would have been sorted instantly. You put her on the defensive and made her want to work against you not with you.
Reply 27
So, a bad service is fine as long as it is busy?

Wouldn’t call it a bad service she just neglected to not include the onions and yet you decided to make a big deal out of it. I would be more annoyed if you paid for something extra and didn’t get it. There just onions for pete sake! It's not like a sauce on something. Onions can be taken out easily and yet this wasn’t good enough for you.
But none of this would have happened if she wasn't dumb and actually listened when I said NO ONIONS!

Doesn't matter. Treat people with respect and they'll treat you the same way. Nobody wants to help some **** that's shouting in their face.
Reply 29
Original post by WoodyMKC
Doesn't matter. Treat people with respect and they'll treat you the same way. Nobody wants to help some **** that's shouting in their face.

Haha, how hypocritical, swearing at me yet saying I am bad for swearing at her, fail.
She should of gotten the order right, end of.
(edited 11 years ago)
Blud, I said no onions!
This happened to me I order a burger in McDonalds and asked for no onions and they gave me one with onions, I politely went up to the counter and told the girl at the till, and she apologised and replaced my burger and gave me a free one to say sorry. So let this be a lesson to you OP being nice and polite will definitely get you further in these things.
Haha, how hypocritical, swearing at me yet saying I am bad for swearing at her, fail.
She should of gotten the order right, end of.

1) You weren't just swearing at her, you were shouting at her.
2) I didn't swear at you. I used the word **** to describe someone who needlessly shouts at people in general.
Reply 33
I seriously think we need to get over this thread by now. I think that she was in the wrong but I'm sure she had reasons for that as well. We can't justify her mistake but we can say that he shouldn't have yelled at her and instead have told her politely. I would also say that maybe she shouldn't have yelled back and been a bit more diplomatic by offering him a new burger and apologising, although the main fault was with TheGuy.
Reply 34
Original post by SaiDuc
I seriously think we need to get over this thread by now. I think that she was in the wrong but I'm sure she had reasons for that as well. We can't justify her mistake but we can say that he shouldn't have yelled at her and instead have told her politely. I would also say that maybe she shouldn't have yelled back and been a bit more diplomatic by offering him a new burger and apologising, although the main fault was with TheGuy.

Rubbish. Who started the problem? She did. Therefore the fault firmly lies with her.
Reply 35
You should have racially abused the worker and the manager. Then they would have respected you enough to give you a burger for free.

This is why we see so many racist incidents in fast food places. It's an unwritten code.
I think this guy thinks he's in kidulthood

But none of this would have happened if she wasn't dumb and actually listened when I said NO ONIONS!

Did you shout that loud enough for the kitchen staff to hear?

Didn't even give me a refund for the mistake :angry:

You're lucky she didn't give you a slap.

If you're nice to people, they are nice to you. I got a replacement meal last week in a restaurant because the waitress noticed I wasn't eating it as it was too spicy, she got it remade but milder and offered to go have it remade again in case it was still too spicy. I didn't kick off or make a fuss, she was nice and in return she got a nice tip.
Why the onion hate? You cray cray
Reply 39
First, the guys in the kitchen make the food not her.
Someone else behind the til could have taken your order for a different customer (amazing how much this happens)
Also shouting outright sort's nothing, if you had calmly told her and asked her to replace it she would have done it with no issue.
How would you like it if I walked into your work and just started to shout at you in blind rage blaming you for everything over a little mistake? You wouldn't like it and i'm sure your boss would back you.

Quick Reply

Latest