The Student Room Group

Do most guys find non thong underwear unsexy?

Scroll to see replies

My concern would be not so much with the style of underwear, but the material. Cotton is rarely sexy. Anyway, it's completely up to the girl what she wears. I can't see her choice of underwear being a problem for me in any way.
Original post by Amillie
Yeah, from what I've heard from guys, they're mostly not arsed by what you're wearing, as long as its clean haha :smile:

Not always totally necessary...

I love silk, which must be rare as my girlfriend says she can't find it anywhere.
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil
I wear a thong most of the time, probably 5 days a week and then 2 days a week I'll wear what everyone calls "granny pants" but really they're pretty small knickers, just not thongs.
I make sure I wear a thong most of the time with my bf but sometimes there are times when I haven't remembered and turn up at his house wearing whatever knickers I put on that day.

Basically, the question is how off putting is it for guys when girls aren't wearing thongs/g-strings...?

As always... Guys don't really mind , and if they do they're just idiots.

They'll usually be far more concerned with getting the underwear off than what it looks like :lol:
Reply 23
Original post by rjm101
Boy shorts and french knickers are cute but thongs is a guaranteed attention grabber in my opinion. They are so much more hot but of course you got to have the right body for it.

In my opinion granny pantys wouldent be off putting because most guys are just happy to have a gf but a thong is huge bonus points in my book.

See, you say granny pants, but there's a difference between this...

& this...

Which I think is pretty significant here.
To sum up, if I get a present I don't care about the wrapping.
Reply 25
Do people really think in this much detail about underwear?
Reply 26
Original post by Aurora.
See, you say granny pants, but there's a difference between this...

& this...

Which I think is pretty significant here.

First pic doesnt work for me.

I mentioned granny panties because thats what OP mentions. The second pic looks like boy shorts to me but I'm not an underwear expert. Like I said, most guys will just be happy have a gf so its not a problem either way but thongs are still way more hot in my opinion.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Amillie
Yeah, from what I've heard from guys, they're mostly not arsed by what you're wearing

Pardon the pun:wink: sorry, I had to, been one of those days :dontknow::mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil
I wear a thong most of the time, probably 5 days a week and then 2 days a week I'll wear what everyone calls "granny pants" but really they're pretty small knickers, just not thongs.
I make sure I wear a thong most of the time with my bf but sometimes there are times when I haven't remembered and turn up at his house wearing whatever knickers I put on that day.

Basically, the question is how off putting is it for guys when girls aren't wearing thongs/g-strings...?

Have you ever heard of French knickers?

I suggest you try them. Some types are rather sexy.
Not a guy, but I think that non thongs are hot too. I really like silky or lacy lingerie...
My boyfriend likes both, thongs, french knickers but I wear what I feel comfortble in and what I feel sexy in
Reply 31
Original post by SillyMilly
...I wear what I feel comfortble in and what I feel sexy in

That's how it should always be. It's not down to the guy how the girl dresses.

Edit: Loving that this gets negged :P Perhaps guys should become relationship dictators in future? XD
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't care, I'm more interested in the who then the what.
(edited 11 years ago)
Thongs are trashy, the sort of thing 15-year-old chavs like girls to wear. To me, they are heavily associated with heavily made-up celebrities, plastic boobs, Consol Suncenter tan, mainstream clubbing, drinking out of fishbowls and all that, and that's not sexy to the sort of people you'll probably want to attract. To me, those images are masculine and intimidating.

French knickers, meanwhile, are really sexy. Unlike thongs, they are feminine rather than masculine because they have frills or lace. They cover most of the bum but they still let you see the bottom bit of it which is where the sexiness comes from. Thin fabric is better. I really think that in the right pants a woman looks hotter than in the nude.

And to someone on the first page no, they don't have to be clean :wink:
Reply 34
Personally, this one is a lot better :love:

PinkStr-PinkBoyShort.jpg

Than this :facepalm:

777165000038-ny2.jpg

But this is kinda nice :sexface:

tumblr_mkzxrqwLoL1r5skmzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkwvebTfLp1r5skmzo1_400.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nicatre
That's how it should always be. It's not down to the guy how the girl dresses.

I'd think most girls would be willing to wear the underwear their boyfriends like. It isn't about forcing her to dress a certain way, more about someone trying to do something nice for their partner.
Reply 36
Original post by Mankytoes
I'd think most girls would be willing to wear the underwear their boyfriends like. It isn't about forcing her to dress a certain way, more about someone trying to do something nice for their partner.

Wearing a particular thing for someone is just an alien idea to me. In particular regarding underwear
Reply 37
Underwear is so 20th Century.

Girls who go commando are sexy.
I find a thong isn't uncomfortable at all as long as it's one that fits right! I think they're more comfortable since I'm not worrying about VPL or frenchies rolling up at the front at the top of my legs/below the hips. I think as long as knickers are clean and in good condition eg not graying, fraying or baggy, guys aren't too fussed.
Original post by nicatre
Do people really think in this much detail about underwear?

Only women whilst trying to please men who don't even notice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending