The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG guys i'm here, didn't know u got another thread...
Long time no seen, haven't been on this thread cause been revising but i'm back once again!
HEY!!! :smile:
Reply 3201
I'm not sure, I think I had a dodgy lunch at Starbucks...somehow the sandwich didn't taste the best and now I just feel awful!:frown:
Yeah, you are right...If I get up early tomorrow I should be able to revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Armani786
Long time no seen, haven't been on this thread cause been revising but i'm back once again!

Hi Frien
Reply 3203
Yeah tell me about it! I'll be fine tonight, just going to take it easy and read over some stuff while being on this...woo!
Oh the revision...I shall not, do not fear!:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
Hi Frien

Hello :smile:
Original post by emma.b
I'm not sure, I think I had a dodgy lunch at Starbucks...somehow the sandwich didn't taste the best and now I just feel awful!:frown:
Yeah, you are right...If I get up early tomorrow I should be able to revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, laughter is the best medicine

:banana2:
That emoticon always makes me laugh :biggrin:
Hello :smile:

How's your half term been? Was revision a success?
How's your half term been? Was revision a success?

It's been boring but my revision has been a success, just need to keep it up LOL but i had lost motivation at the beginning of the half term but got it back! :biggrin:
How has your half term been?
How was your revision? :smile:
Reply 3208
Well, laughter is the best medicine

:banana2:
That emoticon always makes me laugh :biggrin:

Haha, that did make me giggle! Thank youu...I'll be fine don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been boring but my revision has been a success, just need to keep it up LOL but i had lost motivation at the beginning of the half term but got it back! :biggrin:
How has your half term been?
How was your revision? :smile:

My half term has been okay-ish, not the best but not the worst. My revision was ON POINT during the first week, especially since I had to juggle revision at home and revision at school classes.. but the second week was a complete flop, I haven't even done half the amount I did in the first week :frown:, I was planning on finishing science and history but I haven't even finished science yet :sigh:
My half term has been okay-ish, not the best but not the worst. My revision was ON POINT during the first week, especially since I had to juggle revision at home and revision at school classes.. but the second week was a complete flop, I haven't even done half the amount I did in the first week :frown:, I was planning on finishing science and history but I haven't even finished science yet :sigh:

aww no worries my maths revsion has been a flop cause i only revised it once during the holidays which is a shame as I got moved up so know i'm doing the higher paper and i've done hardly no higher maths revsion :frown:
Its fine we'll both catch up some how... LOL :smile:
aww no worries my maths revsion has been a flop cause i only revised it once during the holidays which is a shame as I got moved up so know i'm doing the higher paper and i've done hardly no higher maths revsion :frown:
Its fine we'll both catch up some how... LOL :smile:

I'm soo grateful I don't have to revise for maths.. I finished Maths back in November and got an A* :woo:. My set finished it early because our school decided we were smart enough to start GCSE maths in Yr 9, At the time I was like da***, can't we just do it normally but now I'm happy we did it :biggrin:

hiiiii
The way some people react when they see celebrities.. is just pathetic :colonhash:
Reply 3214
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Okay! Lets start, what's your theme and any ideas on hypotheses? What variables do you have?

Sorry I just went town to get chinese :P Ok the theme is 'food' and my one is about is about whether food preferences are affected by age

*My first hypothesis is foods will be preferred by younger age groups. I think this because children are more prone to sweeter foods and unhealthy products. My second hypothesis is that older people/age groups will favour more healthy foods, as they are more mature about their health and choice of foods than children and teenagers.*

This is pretty much all I have done because I don't know how to collect data for this, and it's hard to define the term 'healthy' someone might think a big mac is healthy you never know so I might change the whole topic to prices of food over a period of time instead of food preferences

thoughts?
The way some people react when they see celebrities.. is just pathetic :colonhash:

With most celebrities I see your point, have some sense of decency people!

Spoiler

Original post by MattFletcher
With most celebrities I see your point, have some sense of decency people!

Spoiler

But would you be shaking and incoherent?
But would you be shaking and incoherent?

I'd be bloody excited! But I wouldn't be like these directioner, belieber etc, idiots. I hate them
Original post by gomg
Sorry I just went town to get chinese :P Ok the theme is 'food' and my one is about is about whether food preferences are affected by age

*My first hypothesis is foods will be preferred by younger age groups. I think this because children are more prone to sweeter foods and unhealthy products. My second hypothesis is that older people/age groups will favour more healthy foods, as they are more mature about their health and choice of foods than children and teenagers.*

This is pretty much all I have done because I don't know how to collect data for this, and it's hard to define the term 'healthy' someone might think a big mac is healthy you never know so I might change the whole topic to prices of food over a period of time instead of food preferences

thoughts?

Okay, you shall make up some primary data haha...

5 different food options

Fruit
Chocolate
Crisps
2 other items.of varying sugar contents and that

You take their age, gender, height, weight and which choose they select.

You'd expect women to choose healthy.
Older to choose healthier.
Heavier to choose unhealthy.

You mention the subjective nature of healthy which is why you are using a practical experiment
Reply 3219
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Okay, you shall make up some primary data haha...

5 different food options

Fruit
Chocolate
Crisps
2 other items.of varying sugar contents and that

You take their age, gender, height, weight and which choose they select.

You'd expect women to choose healthy.
Older to choose healthier.
Heavier to choose unhealthy.

You mention the subjective nature of healthy which is why you are using a practical experiment

tysm!! Do you know what the minimum sample size is?

Latest