The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Private student halls

Is anyone living in halls which aren't owned or leased by the university? I've found one where I can get a studio apartment for less than the university charge for an en-suite room. Plus it's got a recreation room with a pool table etc. and a small gym which is free for residents to use and no deposit is needed. It all sounds a bit too good to be true and I don't know if I should go for it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
which student hall is that?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by CVictoria
which student hall is that?

That's Brunel Court. http://www.brunel-court.co.uk/accommodation.html I think I'm gonna go with uni accommodation this time so I know everyone else will also be first years and not know anybody.
I'm going to live in cosmo: walker street halls x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Im looking into Liberty Court on Brook street :smile:
Reply 5
I'm waiting to see what UCLan offer me and then work out the prices, if they're too expensive overall i'm comparing with Brunel Court because that's such good money
Reply 6
Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll
Is anyone living in halls which aren't owned or leased by the university? I've found one where I can get a studio apartment for less than the university charge for an en-suite room. Plus it's got a recreation room with a pool table etc. and a small gym which is free for residents to use and no deposit is needed. It all sounds a bit too good to be true and I don't know if I should go for it.

What uni is that for? I'm going to Lancaster and struggling to find somewhere as I wanna go private!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljohn9
What uni is that for? I'm going to Lancaster and struggling to find somewhere as I wanna go private!

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of Central Lancashire. We're in the University of Central Lancashire forum :tongue: Lancaster University is 20 miles away from Preston.
Reply 8
Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll
University of Central Lancashire. We're in the University of Central Lancashire forum :tongue: Lancaster University is 20 miles away from Preston.

So there's two universitys in Lancaster? Never knew that! What you studying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljohn9
So there's two universitys in Lancaster? Never knew that! What you studying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not actually in Lancaster, it's in Preston. But google maps tells me that's only 20 minutes away by train. I'm going to be studying Psychology and Criminology in September :smile:
Reply 10
Lancaster is quite a way from Preston, it's 20 minutes on train though (Virgin Trains are speedy)

Lancaster University is completely different to University of Central Lancashire which has two campuses one in Preston(The main one which is huge) and then a smaller one in Burnley
Reply 11
I'm staying in IQ Kopa. It's really nice.
i m trying to decide between uni halls and the cosmo:moor lanes halls
Original post by chocolateheartstar
i m trying to decide between uni halls and the cosmo:moor lanes halls

Cosmo are great! If you want to pay a little bit more a week, it's worth it for walker street!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachael--louise
Cosmo are great! If you want to pay a little bit more a week, it's worth it for walker street!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't quite be able to afford walker street:frown: but I m definetly leaning towards moor lane over a University owned hall
I wouldn't quite be able to afford walker street:frown: but I m definetly leaning towards moor lane over a University owned hall

moor lane is the same company that own walker street (:
its nice at both halls though!
the staff are really great and welcoming!:biggrin:
Original post by rachael--louise
moor lane is the same company that own walker street (:
its nice at both halls though!
the staff are really great and welcoming!:biggrin:

I havent visited it but it does look lovely from the website:smile: You don't happen to know what their policy is on visitors is?
I havent visited it but it does look lovely from the website:smile: You don't happen to know what their policy is on visitors is?

I got taken around on Monday by the manager called ben.
He basically said, if you have anyone staying over more than three days just to make them aware for fire purposes. Other than that, they arn't bothered!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great:smile: I ll need to find a guarantor but I think I shall be booking moor lane:smile: hopefully other nursing students will decide to go private too x
That's great:smile: I ll need to find a guarantor but I think I shall be booking moor lane:smile: hopefully other nursing students will decide to go private too x

Yeah you will need one. Even I had to and I'm almost 23!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending