The Student Room Group

How do you revise for R.E?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do AQA and just make mind maps and read our revision guide. I did that for the first exam and got an A*, I never even touched a practise paper :smile:
Original post by goldenshades
is it possible for you to tell me what grade you got?

I got an A* in RE
Reply 22
Are people learning the key words or do they guess them, there are so many! (48 in my exam and I have to r.s exams!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Well I just did lots of mind maps and learnt the keywords. A lot of RE can be made up on the spot and can be waffled a bit but you do need a bit of a basic understanding. Go to revision classes I found them helpful.
Original post by goldenshades
Okay, awesome! I'll definitely search up for a few past papers and mark schemes then :smile: Thanks so much, and congrats on the amazing A* :biggrin:

It's okay :h: Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by AshenSun
I do AQA and just make mind maps and read our revision guide. I did that for the first exam and got an A*, I never even touched a practise paper :smile:
That seems like a really relaxed method of revision - I'll consider :smile: Congrats on the A*, I wish I did R.E with AQA since their papers seem much better than Edexcel for me haha

Original post by Katie97
Well I just did lots of mind maps and learnt the keywords. A lot of RE can be made up on the spot and can be waffled a bit but you do need a bit of a basic understanding. Go to revision classes I found them helpful.
The mind maps method are really popular! :biggrin: I'll definitely attend revision classes
(edited 11 years ago)
I know this is from 2013, and it’s 2018 now, but for anyone reading this now, for extended answers I use FARM (12-mark questions)

for
against
religion
my opinion, conclusion :smile:
Reply 27
I have the same problem with R.E revision... it's just so much to know and you won't be tested on like half of it lol! I think I'm going to make a short mindmap for like the basic information then maybe to one sheet on Catholic views and teaching to refer to... I'm doing a different exam board but I hope this helps in any way!

Quick Reply

Latest