The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Further away galaxies show a greater red shift than closer ones meaning that the further away galaxies are moving faster away from the earth than nearer ones
Original post by LolaMac
And
The size of the red-shift is not the same for all galaxies.
What information can scientists find out about a galaxy when they measure the size of
the red-shift the galaxy produces?
...............................................................................................................................

Further away galaxies show a greater red shift than closer ones meaning that the further away galaxies are moving faster away from the earth than nearer ones
Reply 162
Original post by Victoriapownall

THANK YOU!
A few more sorry...
Electricity is distributed from power stations to consumers along the National Grid.
The voltage across the overhead cables of the National Grid needs to be much higher
than the output voltage from the power station generators.
Explain why.
Original post by LolaMac
And
The size of the red-shift is not the same for all galaxies.
What information can scientists find out about a galaxy when they measure the size of
the red-shift the galaxy produces?
...............................................................................................................................

Btw I've started a thread for the. B1 exam in June if your taking it you can find it here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2319751
Reply 164
Btw I've started a thread for the. B1 exam in June if your taking it you can find it here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2319751

I'll join that thanks & last one...
According to kinetic theory, all matter is made up of small particles. The particles are
constantly moving.
Diagram 1 shows how the particles may be arranged in a solid.

7 (a) One kilogram of a gas has a much larger volume than one kilogram of a solid.
Use kinetic theory to explain why.
Reply 165

Last few:
A few more sorry...

Electricity is distributed from power stations to consumers along the National Grid.
The voltage across the overhead cables of the National Grid needs to be much higher
Explain why.

According to kinetic theory, all matter is made up of small particles. The
particles are
constantly moving.

7 (a) One kilogram of a gas has a much larger volume than one kilogram of a solid.
Particles in a solid vibrate around fixed positions and are very close to each other whereas particles in a gas move around rapidly. In a gas the binds between the particles are very weak so it can fill up any space whereas in a solid the binds between the particles are very strong so its volume is fixed.

i must admit I completely ****ed up on this question as I wrote something out then crossed it out and then I looked at the clock and realised I hadmlikema minute left so I just gave up and closed my paper I felt like such a failure afterwards because I knew the answer but the pressure just got to me!
Reply 167
Particles in a solid vibrate around fixed positions and are very close to each other whereas particles in a gas move around rapidly. In a gas the binds between the particles are very weak so it can fill up any space whereas in a solid the binds between the particles are very strong so its volume is fixed.

i must admit I completely ****ed up on this question as I wrote something out then crossed it out and then I looked at the clock and realised I hadmlikema minute left so I just gave up and closed my paper I felt like such a failure afterwards because I knew the answer but the pressure just got to me!

Yeah but you still got A* so don't kill yourself over it :smile: :smile:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Last one though :colondollar:

Explain why.
Original post by LolaMac
Last few:
A few more sorry...

Explain why.

According to kinetic theory, all matter is made up of small particles. The
particles are
constantly moving.

. The reason it's higher would be that it decreases the current which therefore reduces energy losses in the cables which therefore improves the efficient of the whole distribution system !
Original post by LolaMac
Yeah but you still got A* so don't kill yourself over it :smile: :smile:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Last one though :colondollar:

Explain why.

yeh I got 90 which is exactly on the grade boundary I would have preferred it to have not been that close! But your right I shouldn't be too hard on myself
I really shouldn't be thinking about gcse physics at this time of day YOLO....
Reply 171
Original post by victoriapownall
particles in a solid vibrate around fixed positions and are very close to each other whereas particles in a gas move around rapidly. In a gas the binds between the particles are very weak so it can fill up any space whereas in a solid the binds between the particles are very strong so its volume is fixed.

I must admit i completely ****ed up on this question as i wrote something out then crossed it out and then i looked at the clock and realised i hadmlikema minute left so i just gave up and closed my paper i felt like such a failure afterwards because i knew the answer but the pressure just got to me!

. The reason it's higher would be that it decreases the current which therefore reduces energy losses in the cables which therefore improves the efficient of the whole distribution system !

thanks for much i really really really appreciate it!!
Reply 172
I really shouldn't be thinking about gcse physics at this time of day YOLO....

LOOOL yeah, I'm going to go sleep now; GOOOD Night!x:redface:
Yeh same talk tommorow probably :smile: I was struggling with some of them questions january seems so long ago....
Reply 174
hi
i was just wondering can anyone upload the p1 jan 2013 higher paper with the mark scheme please?
thanks
Original post by croc4
hi
i was just wondering can anyone upload the p1 jan 2013 higher paper with the mark scheme please?
thanks

I will do that shortly !
Reply 176
thank you.. I was not sure if anyone had it
Original post by croc4
thank you.. I was not sure if anyone had it

I can't upload it on here as I am on my iPad but give me your email and I will send it to you
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 179
[email protected]
do u by any chance have the jan 2013 all the chem units and bio units papers? if so if u dnt mind cud u pls send that 2 me 2
thank u so much

Latest

Trending

Trending