The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

co2 is poisonous and if left untreated in the body without it being exhaled it could dissolve and when this occurs it is acidic, this could disrupt the function of many enzymes in the body whoch would be fatal as enzymes carry out many processes in the body
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! 1,000 POST!!!! :eek:

Would you guys say, that i'm okay at B3?
Hmmmm, think i'll recap B1,B3,C3 AND P3 tomorrow - spend like 1 hour on each :tongue:
just noticed we didn't do physics/chemistry today :L
Reply 885
Original post by Captain Anonymous
just noticed we didn't do physics/chemistry today :L

I'll fix that:

P3 (Only some, since I haven't revised all of it):

Part 1:
1)Describe how an X-Ray image is formed.
2)Radiographers have to leave the room whilst the X-Ray is being conducted. Why?
3)Explain why soft tissue does not show up on an X-Ray image.
4)Explain how an ultrasound scan works.
5)Pregnant women have ultrasound scans rather than X-Rays. Why?
6)CT Scans offer more detail then a usual X-Ray, Explain how and why.
7)Describe how ultrasound can be used to find defects within metals.

Part 2:
1)Describe what happens to a light ray when it enters a more dense medium from a less dense medium
2)Describe what happens to a light ray when it enters a ((A)Diverging lens (B)Converging lens.)
3)Describe the image formed by a converging lens when the object is behind the principal focus.
4)Describe the image formed by a converging lens when the object is in front of the principal focus.
5)Describe the image formed by a diverging lens.
6)What is the role of the ciliary muscles and the suspensory ligaments in the eye?
7)Name the two problems that could occur with eye-sight, describe what causes them and their solutions.

Part 3: Math stuff :smile:

1)An incident light ray travels into a substance at 39 degrees, the ray emerges on the other side at 29 degrees. Calculate the refractive index of this substance.
2)The refractive index of a substance is 1.2. An incident light ray travels into the substance at 15 degrees. Calculate the angle of refraction.

That's all for now :smile:

Enjoy :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
ahahah lol
How do you come up with these questions :L
Reply 888
How do you come up with these questions :L

My Brain :smile:
seriously? :L, they're really good and useful
Reply 890
seriously? :L, they're really good and useful

Yeah, I just think of them as I go along, if you want I could carry on doing this. When I learn the stuff myself of course. :smile:

I mean, I won't make up questions for topics that I haven't revised.
(edited 11 years ago)
yhh that would be great, could you do any for C3? :colondollar:
Reply 892
yhh that would be great, could you do any for C3? :colondollar:

Ohh.. that's going to be tricky since I haven't done a lot, but. I will do some on the topics I have done.

C3:

Part 1:
1)Describe some problems that Newland's period table had.
2)Mendeelev organised the elements into groups, why did he do this?
3)Mendeelev left gaps in his version of the periodic table. Why?
4)Boron is in Group 3, state how many outer electrons are in its shell.

Part 2:
1)Describe what happens to the Alkali metals, as you move down the group.
2)Describe some characteristics of the Alkali Metals.
3)Complete and balance a symbol equation for the reaction of Sodium with Chlorine.
4)Describe what happens when you dissolve a compound of Potassium Bromide in water.
5)Complete and balance a symbol equation for the reaction of Sodium with Water.
6)What gas is formed?
7)Describe what happens when you dissolve this substance in water.

As I said, I haven't done much C3, so these questions might not be as accurate. If they're not. I apologize.
(edited 11 years ago)
brilliant... just brilliant
Reply 894

Haha thanks :smile:
Reply 895

Just one more I forgot:

- As you move down Group 1, the Alkali Metals become more reactive. Explain Why. In your answer, refer to the electronic structure of the elements.
How have you lot learnt unit 3 over the holidays ? Please can somebody tell me how they have revised or gone over topics they haven't covered in class ? Because I find that I sort of lose interest/concentration when I read through my nelson thrones book. C3 is hard :'(
Reply 897
Original post by Midnight1811
How have you lot learnt unit 3 over the holidays ? Please can somebody tell me how they have revised or gone over topics they haven't covered in class ? Because I find that I sort of lose interest/concentration when I read through my nelson thrones book. C3 is hard :'(

Hey,

The way I revised (may be different for you).... I get the texbook, FYI I use this: (legendary - I have e-book version if you want me to send it to ya): http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/graham+bone/simon+broadley/philippa+gardom-hulme/sue+hocking/mark+matthews/jim+newall/aqa+gcse+separate+science+student+book/7981646/?gclid=CNX8xJHhyLYCFXMRtAod728A1g.

I get the textbook, note down the stuff I need to learn in my exercise book. Go away for 10 minutes. Then come back and attempt to re-write all the relevant detail. I might do this once or twice :smile:
Reply 898
Original post by tohaaaa
Hey,

The way I revised (may be different for you).... I get the texbook, FYI I use this: (legendary - I have e-book version if you want me to send it to ya): http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/graham+bone/simon+broadley/philippa+gardom-hulme/sue+hocking/mark+matthews/jim+newall/aqa+gcse+separate+science+student+book/7981646/?gclid=CNX8xJHhyLYCFXMRtAod728A1g.

I get the textbook, note down the stuff I need to learn in my exercise book. Go away for 10 minutes. Then come back and attempt to re-write all the relevant detail. I might do this once or twice :smile:

Send me the e-book please :colondollar:
Reply 899
Original post by Farhan96
Send me the e-book please :colondollar:

Will do, in the morn' though :3 As I am off to rest ma head.

Night and see ya tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending