Scroll to see replies

Doesn't work
Yes I can see the video now.
And I've seen it before.
I've seen everything ._.
shaolin soccer looks weird
Reply 3323
Original post by Vionar
At least there's no 'or do I' bit this time! Or has that been replaced with eye rolling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm now that you mention it there's no or do I bit:biggrin::wink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Bluffroom
shaolin soccer looks weird

Most OP film ever

Where?
Reply 3325
Haha he's a stubborn soul. He'll take a lot of forcing.

Erm I translated it as:

Amar habi gooshti nizore mariliba thumar shamne. (My family will kill themselves in front of you)...
k c00l
Reply 3328
Haha... I put bude up to the task....
Reply 3329
Original post by Princepieman

LOoOoOoOl! If you said those words in a sentence while speaking to me i'd just be *lost*.... Aluminum, that's so American! Are you American?!
Yes and throw in some time spent in Hong Kong and Saudi Arabia. I ALWAYS get the american thing though, I only lived there for 4 years. :biggrin:
Original post by Jina
LOoOoOoOl! If you said those words in a sentence while speaking to me i'd just be *lost*.... Aluminum, that's so American! Are you American?!

Mind you, scottish ones are worse! Try going up to inverness and asking for directions it's a NIGHTMARE!
Original post by Bude8
Most OP film ever

Where?

Meh
True.. I guess going to american international schools didn't help my case either. :colondollar:
Oh great, I'm an anomaly. As if my accent is Australian!
Reply 3335
Mind you, scottish ones are worse! Try going up to inverness and asking for directions it's a NIGHTMARE!

Hahaha I'll put it on my bucket list! I love american/scottish/irish accents.

How was it living in KSA btw? :smile:
Original post by Jina
Hahaha I'll put it on my bucket list! I love american/scottish/irish accents.

How was it living in KSA btw? :smile:

Quite fun actually, you'd be surprised when I say: I lived next to a pond full of fish that I would feed and a massive GREEN field to play on.

We were somewhat secluded from the normal Saudi, in that we lived in a compound the size of a small city with generally similar type of people e.g. expats working for large companies. Though, I did get to to travel down to Riyadh (the Capital) a few times - travelling through hours and hours of desert wasn't exactly fulfilling.

Weather was bearable for 3 - 5 months out of the year otherwise you risk catching a heat stroke (June would be up to 40 degrees!)

T'was a good experience and I could go on and on about it but I don't want to bore you all to sleep.

Here's a pic of the pond: 2311450-Dhahran_Hills_Duckpond_Dhahran.jpg and a typical house: LRHouse+922.jpg

Forgot to say, I lived in Dhahran, which is in the north-east or more specifically the Al-Khobar Region
Reply 3337
Quite fun actually, you'd be surprised when I say: I lived next to a pond full of fish that I would feed and a massive GREEN field to play on.

We were somewhat secluded from the normal Saudi, in that we lived in a compound the size of a small city with generally similar type of people e.g. expats working for large companies. Though, I did get to to travel down to Riyadh (the Capital) a few times - travelling through hours and hours of desert wasn't exactly fulfilling.

Weather was bearable for 3 - 5 months out of the year otherwise you risk catching a heat stroke (June would be up to 40 degrees!)

T'was a good experience and I could go on and on about it but I don't want to bore you all to sleep.

Here's a pic of the pond: 2311450-Dhahran_Hills_Duckpond_Dhahran.jpg and a typical house: LRHouse+922.jpg

Forgot to say, I lived in Dhahran, which is in the north-east or more specifically the Al-Khobar Region

Ahhh sounds like a dream! Well looks like one too by the sounds of it! My sister was there a few weeks ago and she said the same thing, heat was unbearable. Roads aren't safe either for much of it, my uncle who moved there to teach died in a car crash. :/
Your parents must have the coolest job ever!

And i'm never bored by talking, i just talk on and on and on... All day long. Lol :frown:

Was it hard living as a non-Muslim in an Islamic state?
Original post by Jina
Ahhh sounds like a dream! Well looks like one too by the sounds of it! My sister was there a few weeks ago and she said the same thing, heat was unbearable. Roads aren't safe either for much of it, my uncle who moved there to teach died in a car crash. :/
Your parents must have the coolest job ever!

And i'm never bored by talking, i just talk on and on and on... All day long. Lol :frown:

Was it hard living as a non-Muslim in an Islamic state?

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle :frown: When did it happen?

Well, I'm Christian so that also ramified the situation, but it was alright for the most part. In Dhahran, because people are from a whole mish-mash of backgrounds no one really cares, so long as you don't go too overboard with the clothing like wear a string bikini for example. You're also not allowed to carry religious jewellery so it is generally kept at home when travelling outside of Dhahran.

Outside, especially in large shopping malls, it is generally recommended that women wear the abaya - which I think is completely sexist but better to be safe than sorry. The shari-a police are quite active and can enforce a visit to the jail if you don't comply.

These kinds of things are generally out of my control so what I can do is hope and pray things get a little more lenient in the future. This said, Saudi is a very safe country and if you respect the beliefs and customs things will definitely be good for you.

I just heard, the queen (i think?) of saudi has now been allowed to drive so there is hope!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3339
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle :frown: When did it happen?

Well, I'm Christian so that also ramified the situation, but it was alright for the most part. In Dhahran, because people are from a whole mish-mash of backgrounds no one really cares, so long as you don't go too overboard with the clothing like wear a string bikini for example. You're also not allowed to carry religious jewellery so it is generally kept at home when travelling outside of Dhahran.

Outside, especially in large shopping malls, it is generally recommended that women wear the abaya - which I think is completely sexist but better to be safe than sorry. The shari-a police are quite active and can enforce a visit to the jail if you don't comply.

These kinds of things are generally out of my control so what I can do is hope and pray things get a little more lenient in the future. This said, Saudi is a very safe country and if you respect the beliefs and customs things will definitely be good for you.

I just heard, the queen (i think?) of saudi has now been allowed to drive so there is hope!

:/ Around two years ago... But I'm muslim and I believe every soul has its given time, so it was his time to leave us. :frown:

Ahh I'm surprised you didn't have too much of a hard time there. Yeah, KSA can be very contradictory on some things. Lol I saw the shari'a police on a youtube video, they went round during prayer times in a shopping mall and made everyone go pray. Did you have churches where you lived?

Ahh... I'm glad you had a relatively easy time living there. I hope to go someday, obviously with a male relative haha.

Really? That's great.... I hope things do change for the better. Its a great country with amazing history. Did you manage to see any of the Princes/Kings palaces... I heard they're massive...

Latest