The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Mullah.S
You are only able to make that statement because your alive because you're parent being heterosexual.

You're only making that statement because you completely missed the point.
You are only able to make that statement because your alive because you're parent being heterosexual.

Same-sex couples can have children as well though. It just requires a sperm donor/surrogate

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think people seem to forget that homosexual people/couples can also adopt children instead of pro-creating and thus help give a child a better chance of having a better life.

Oh and I will say there has been research proven that homosexual couples/people are just as good as heterosexual couples/people.

You are mistaken. Not all parents are heterosexual; many have children and then work out their sexuality.

And more recently, gay men can have children in all sorts of ingenious ways. For example, using the sperm of one and an egg from the sister of the other, implanted into a surrogate, which will create a child directly genetically related to both of them.

So, in that case.... would you say that this child is alive because its parents are gay?

Even if gay people couldn't have children... so what? Is that even an argument?
Original post by Gray Wolf
Don't have a problem with gays, I have a problem with stuff like gay couples adopting.

Exactly I have that same problem too. I will feel very sorry for the child.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theskyisblu

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would rather them stay in the system?
The problem is not gay people, but rather the doctors that dont bother finding a cure for it, it is such a shame
Original post by lancesephyr
The problem is not gay people, but rather the doctors that dont bother finding a cure for it, it is such a shame

Shame you can't cure stupid or ignorance...
Original post by Scienceisgood
Shame you can't cure stupid or ignorance...

As chairman of the council of stupidity you should know better

Posted from TSR Mobile

As mentioned earlier, there have been studies into same-sex couples raising children. Most show that they are as good as heterosexual couples at raising children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

You can't cure something that's not an illness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? The only negative occurance that has an increased probability in the child life is encountering homophobic behaviour. Aside from that there isn't any significant probability increase of a negative affect that can happen to the child, but there are lots of positives as the child generally grows up more tolerant, open and accepting.

Bullying can happen for any reason, children adopted by ethnic minorities, or mixed race couples are more likely to encounter racist behaviour, should we stop them adopting to. Bullying can happen for any reason, why should a child be deprived of loving parents because some people are bigoted *****.

Homosexuality isn't an illness, therefore it can't be 'cured'.
If your parents were gay (both of them) and repelled against intercourse with opposite sex, would you being alive now?

I have a friend who is the son of a lesbian who used her male gay friend as a sperm donor...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd feel sorry for a child who now had two loving parents instead of them remaining in foster care? I think there may be an issue there...

Damn those doctors for putting their efforts into people who actually have problems that affect their daily lives rather than attempting to 'cure' an orientation which doesn't not cause dysfunction or harm, in ways that have been shown to cause dysfunction and harm!
Reply 375
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
You are mistaken. Not all parents are heterosexual; many have children and then work out their sexuality.

And more recently, gay men can have children in all sorts of ingenious ways. For example, using the sperm of one and an egg from the sister of the other, implanted into a surrogate, which will create a child directly genetically related to both of them.

So, in that case.... would you say that this child is alive because its parents are gay?

Even if gay people couldn't have children... so what? Is that even an argument?

That is not gay sex. the man is having sex with his gay partners sister does not mean the two men is having children. Is meaning on is having children with his sister.
Cuz there a likkle bit gay

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by MittenRef
In fear of going into a full-blown religious argument, I'm just going to say this. For a God who "regards all people the same" and "loves us all equally", (for I believe this is what Christians think), I don't know how you can say, "Well, actually, homosexuals are wrong".

Contradiction? And seriously... It's one of many.

To be fair, that god also encourages the rape of prisoners of war, the murder of babies and slavery, so I think its position on LGBT rights is pretty far down the list of problems.
I have a problem with gay people because I find they are incredibly immature, anti-social, lack any real interests and spend their lives seeking sex rather than relationships. But that's speaking from the perspective of a gay, I actually have to date these ****ers. Once I find a man from the 0.1% who aren't like that I have no intention of speaking to any other gays, they are a waste of time.

Of course this post will likely receive a lot of tongue wagging from straights or fag hags who haven't a clue what gays are actually like.
That is not gay sex. the man is having sex with his gay partners sister does not mean the two men is having children.

He's not having sex with her, his sperm is fertilising her egg in an IVF lab.

Is meaning on is having children with his sister.

Well no, it doesn't. And can you speak English? You're barely comprehensible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending