The Student Room Group

Social work interview

I have an interview at Hertfordshire university on Wednesday for Bsc Social work .. Help what should I expect .
Reply 1
they usually just ask the standard questions like;

1. why do you want to do the course?
2. how do you think you're suited to it?
3. what work/life experience do you have that you believe would help?

Hope this helps! x
I have an interview at Salford university on Wednesday for BA (Hons) in Social work .. Help what should I expect am very nervous.
Reply 3
Original post by Margaret200498
I have an interview at Salford university on Wednesday for BA (Hons) in Social work .. Help what should I expect am very nervous.

hi, i had my interview last week, we were given a text to look at and we had 20 minutes to answer a couple of questions. after that we had a group discussion, the group was asked to debate on two questions whilst two lecturers watched and took notes, then we had our individual interviews.
the text was about the impact of migrants on local communities and services.
on the individual interview i was asked why i wanted to do social work, had i read any book on social work and the role of social workers
hope this helps
good luck
Original post by sarrau
hi, i had my interview last week, we were given a text to look at and we had 20 minutes to answer a couple of questions. after that we had a group discussion, the group was asked to debate on two questions whilst two lecturers watched and took notes, then we had our individual interviews.
the text was about the impact of migrants on local communities and services.
on the individual interview i was asked why i wanted to do social work, had i read any book on social work and the role of social workers
hope this helps
good luck

Thanks for the info at least I know what to expect now.
Reply 5
has anyone heard from salford yet after their interview? not heard from manchester met or Salford i guess i haven't been offered a place.
Original post by sarrau
has anyone heard from salford yet after their interview? not heard from manchester met or Salford i guess i haven't been offered a place.

When was your interview, Salford took 4 weeks to let me know I had my interview in December. Man Met is usually a week until they let you know.
Reply 7
Original post by oldtimer student
When was your interview, Salford took 4 weeks to let me know I had my interview in December. Man Met is usually a week until they let you know.

my interview was end of February for Manchester met and mid march for Salford uni

Quick Reply

Latest