Original post by cost
Its simple
4-2-2-2
De Gea
Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Carrick, Cleverly(or a good signing)
Rooney, Kagawa
Falcao, RVP

And would most people prefer Falcao over Lewandowski? Falcao is much better but he is also older and would be way more expensive. With Lewandowski we get a cheap player who SAF have wanted for some time now and with a great record in the Bundasliga, also hes 24 the same as as Hernandez. But if we get Falcao HUGE middle finger to City and Chelsea.

That front four :coma:
I would rather spend 40/50 million on Bale rather than Falcao. I mean seriously, we have a left wing issue more than our striking position. I mean, Strikers are not the issue in scoring goals-its the build up attacking play. Here we have out of form right wing for this year -however I still find it crazy that no one actually considers that there is not a true left winger for the past 5-6 years (other than giggs). Just imagine the left and right wings equally good on top of our attacking options. In think we should break the bank on Bale more than bringing Ronaldo etc. As now we have three right wingers and no left wingers. If we get bale and a central midfielder-We will win treble next year-simple as.

Bale has the potential to be as good or better than ronaldo (somewhat unlickly). He can cross, take freekicks (like ronaldo), dribble, speed, he is young and he is on the left wing-gives us an extra dimension that we have not seen-just imagine it. also it doesnt mean we have to sacrifice a right wing position (otherwise valencia, nani and zaha most definatley wont play!)

Part of me really wants Tottenham to not enter champions league position for greater good of Man utd. In that it would be a extra incentive to come to utd and get regular champions league football. Also I think we can develop Bale to an even greater player like we did with ronaldo (and potentially zaha) and he can play around the greatest players in the world. I just hope levy isn't going to be a prick. I mean why are we going to go after Falcao rather than Bale (if rumour is true).

Also, there will be one more man to try and mark from our team-allowing other utd players to be free to roam. I mean they can't man mark Rooney, Van persie, Valencia and Bale. And most importantly he can win us games (through a a quick sprint or a free-kick like he does with Tottenham). This takes pressure of Our strikers. We had to solely rely of van persie this year.

I know the issue is the price. Some say its 70 million or something. But we could give them Young plus money and Henriquez on loan. Maybe Anderson plus money.

Take the punt Fergie!
(edited 11 years ago)
Any predictions for line up tommorrow against Stoke?
If fully fit, I would like to see a line up of:
De Gea- Evra- Smalling- Vidic- Rafael-Young-Cleverley- Carrick- Nani- Rooney- RVP.
Subs: Lindergaard, Ferdinand, Jones, Anderson, Valencia,Hernandez and Welbeck.
Reply 2623
Original post by samiz20891
Any predictions for line up tommorrow against Stoke?
If fully fit, I would like to see a line up of:
De Gea- Evra- Smalling- Vidic- Rafael-Young-Cleverley- Carrick- Nani- Rooney- RVP.
Subs: Lindergaard, Ferdinand, Jones, Anderson, Valencia,Hernandez and Welbeck.

Young's out for two weeks.

I'd be surprised if Jones was dropped after putting in such a good performance, but I think it's more likely he'll be shifted out to RB as, considering it's Stoke, his height and strength would probably be more valuable than what Rafael would offer.

Not really sure what he'll do up front. I feel like Valencia and Welbeck might be the wingers, also not sure that Cleverley or Rooney will play. Interested to see who he selects.
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
I just hope levy isn't going to be a prick.

He's a prick for wanting to keep his own player? That makes sense.......
Original post by TH3-FL45H
He's a prick for wanting to keep his own player? That makes sense.......

NO in that sense, but for him being such a devilish-scheming-money whoring-greedy git.
Original post by xDave-
Young's out for two weeks.

I'd be surprised if Jones was dropped after putting in such a good performance, but I think it's more likely he'll be shifted out to RB as, considering it's Stoke, his height and strength would probably be more valuable than what Rafael would offer.

Not really sure what he'll do up front. I feel like Valencia and Welbeck might be the wingers, also not sure that Cleverley or Rooney will play. Interested to see who he selects.

I agree but I think with Stoke going to play their direct style with quite physical forwards, I would be happy with a Vidic- Smalling center partnership to contain it, I can see Jones being shifted to right as he offers more than Smalling in that role imo. It is a good time to play Stoke at home though with their poor run and hope we can take advantage of that.
I think the Guardian line up was Jones Rio and then the 4-4-2 with Carrick-Clev and Rooney RVP, back to Nani and Valencia on the wings. Makes sense tbh, getting the team back on track with the tried and tested formation.
Reply 2628
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU

I agree but don't think Bale can ever be on the level of Ronaldo, thing is with Falcao is that if we are willing to spend that much, why not just buy Ronaldo, easily the better player and no player (not even Messi) can be better for United than Ronaldo.

Personally think Dortmund's Gundogan or BL Bender should be brought, Gundogan would be perfect & to think we were scouting for him 3 years ago but didn't buy him.
Reply 2629
SAF's response to Falcao rumour:

"Do you honestly believe that?" he asked the Sunday press. "Really? It does amaze me that you come up with that one."
Original post by Akkuz

"Do you honestly believe that?" he asked the Sunday press. "Really? It does amaze me that you come up with that one."

Quashed like nothing. Pretty obvious. I guess it's the whole van persie being off form thing and rooney rumours.
Stoke game

De Gea, Vidic, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Kagawa, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez, van Persie.

MUTV says maybe bRooney in CM

Original post by Akkuz

Original post by jam277
Quashed like nothing. Pretty obvious. I guess it's the whole van persie being off form thing and rooney rumours.

If i recall correctly, and i may not be, he said the same thing about De Gea.

Plus the whole "we'd never sell x" .. bye bye Beckham + Ronaldo etc. So i just ignore what he says all the time anyway.
Original post by Tommyjw
Stoke game

De Gea, Vidic, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Kagawa, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez, van Persie.

MUTV says maybe bRooney in CM

If i recall correctly, and i may not be, he said the same thing about De Gea.

Plus the whole "we'd never sell x" .. bye bye Beckham + Ronaldo etc. So i just ignore what he says all the time anyway.

4-Carrick-5

Really do hope Kagawa has a strong showing today.
(edited 11 years ago)
So much attack in one line-up :eek:

Defence looks equally as strong. Is Rafael still injured? And I don't know if any of you agree with me, but Valencia's last couple of games has seen him inching (although ever so slightly) to the Valencia of last season. He is still a far cry from his form last year but still hopeful. He seems to be beating more players etc. Or maybe it's just me.
Reply 2634
Original post by Tommyjw

It'll have to be Rooney in midfield, because I can't see anyone else fitting in there. I assume Kagawa must be wide left. Really going for it today then, must be assuming Stoke are going to sit back. I prefer to go for it from the off though, rather than bring people on later.
Quite like the line up tbh. Stoke have looked suspect defensively recently and we should try and take advantage of that. I think with Javier Hernandez ability to play off the shoulder might work well if he gets the right supply.
Original post by Pavzky
So much attack in one line-up :eek:

Defence looks equally as strong. Is Rafael still injured? And I don't know if any of you agree with me, but Valencia's last couple of games has seen him inching (although ever so slightly) to the Valencia of last season. He is still a far cry from his form last year but still hopeful. He seems to be beating more players etc. Or maybe it's just me.

Definetly agree with you here. He's been doing a lot better lately than he has all season.

Anyone else watching the Newcastle v Sunderland game? PDC celebrations are worth watching on their own :P Their third goal was breath taking.
Carrick :smile:
Original post by IanLim93
Definetly agree with you here. He's been doing a lot better lately than he has all season.

Anyone else watching the Newcastle v Sunderland game? PDC celebrations are worth watching on their own :P Their third goal was breath taking.

Ah sweet haha. I thought so.

I saw the score, huge result for Di Canio. The whole fascism thing was blown way out of proportion anyway and at least the result overshadows that.
Stoke closer to relegation :coma:

Thank you MUFC.

Latest