The Student Room Group

Sleeping around if you're a girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chappers-94
No I said sexual partners ONS to married partners, not some stranger.

I said sexual partner, one night stand or married partner. And gays/lesbians are more likely to commit or be victims of DV than heterosexuals, it's just a sad fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You state it as a fact, a controversial statement, and provide absolutely no evidence for your statement.
Reply 41
Original post by ufo2012
Depends what kind of "future boyfriend" you want.

If you get someone like you, they will be fine about it.

If it's not someone who has shared a similar past, they will perceive you as a slag yeah.

How far do you have to go to be considered a "slag" though?
Original post by Bdavies06
Personally I think it is okay. But a must is the protection. The other slight issue is the risk of catching STDs. These can be transmitted orally too. And if the condom splits etc there that risk too. But be careful and have fun! YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile

You say this, and in another thread you worry about having slept around too much.

(And yet in another you complain about receiving too much sexual attention from your large breasts?)

You're a massive hypocrite, to say at the very least.
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
I don't really have time for a relationship right now (have had male friends ask me out but I can't commit to something like that) and obviously sleeping with guys I know in an FWB-type arrangement can cause numerous friendship issues. I pretty much have to be single right now so was considering making the most of it :biggrin:

If you have the time to go out partying, bang and then the time in the morning to recover from your headache; you have enough time for a relationship. Just be honest with yourself, you want to bang everything. Fine with me.

To answer your OP, apart from the obvious risks of infection, pregnancy and rape.. There aren't many more immediate ones. Your future partner may be unhappy with your 'experience' though
If you want to do that then there is nothing wrong with it

as long as you are single and he is single and you are not hurting anybody you can sleep with as many men as you like
Original post by JinxedOut
I personally think the 'you're not single forever' mentality is like saying, well, I can't eat chocolate foreeeeever so I should eat as much as possible now. Or, you can't drink on a monday morning when you've got a job.... so I'll just drink now.

Rather than thinking about what may or may not happen in the future, or what others think, just enjoy yourself. If you meet someone and want to bring them back, bring them back, or you're in the mood for that sort of fun, go ahead. As long as you're happy and not surrendering to peer pressure/or whatever other mumsy term people might use then there's no harm done.

However, there's no point thinking WELL I'LL REGRET IT IF I DON'T... because life doesn't actually work like that when it comes to casual sex.

This is so right. Really sensible outlook. You should only do something if you want to; not because you fear that one day may not be able to do it and certainly not because you feel pressurised, for what ever reason, to follow the crowd.

This goes for everything. Pretty simple if you think about it really.
Reply 46
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Go for it.

Bring condoms out with you and be sensible.

You're only young once.

Not true... Well it is true, but that is no excuse, sex bonds two people's energies together, it is a very spiritual union, which your attitude besmirches. There really should be no such thing as getting a variety, because this very behaviour is what causes people to cheat or get bored in real relationships later.
Reply 47
Original post by Ban3
Not true... Well it is true, but that is no excuse, sex bonds two people's energies together, it is a very spiritual union, which your attitude besmirches. There really should be no such thing as getting a variety, because this very behaviour is what causes people to cheat or get bored in real relationships later.

How so? (Not saying your wrong, just curious on why you think that)
Reply 48
Because the more people you sleep with when single, the more you get used to being able to sleep with anyone who would be happy to sleep with you. The problem with this behaviour is that when you are in a real relationship, you can only sleep with the one person you are going out with, and this starts grating against your values developed during your "single" period. In short, you may get bored as you just can't behave the same as when there were no restrictions.

Let me also point out that sex is far more amazing when it is new to both people, due to the obvious reason that it is an experience only shared between them. Many people miss this point.
u shouldnt do that...ur a girl u should be able to control your temptations
Reply 50
Original post by study beats
u shouldnt do that...ur a girl u should be able to control your temptations

Why only because I'm a girl? Wouldn't you say that's sexist?
Reply 51
Original post by JinxedOut
I personally think the 'you're not single forever' mentality is like saying, well, I can't eat chocolate foreeeeever so I should eat as much as possible now. Or, you can't drink on a monday morning when you've got a job.... so I'll just drink now.

Rather than thinking about what may or may not happen in the future, or what others think, just enjoy yourself. If you meet someone and want to bring them back, bring them back, or you're in the mood for that sort of fun, go ahead. As long as you're happy and not surrendering to peer pressure/or whatever other mumsy term people might use then there's no harm done.

However, there's no point thinking WELL I'LL REGRET IT IF I DON'T... because life doesn't actually work like that when it comes to casual sex.

Sorry, but as someone who can't drink anymore because of a recently activated autoimmune condition, believe me when I say I wish I'd gotten drunk a HELL of a lot more back when my liver could take it.

People aren't all the same. Life might not work like that for you, but it can for others.
Reply 52

I would. Not just towards girls, either; it kinda paints all guys as out of control dogs with zero self control.

I'd wager he's also a rape blamer.

how is that sexist? I am only helping u and telling you not to consider such things....and because your a girl, SCIENTIFICALLY and BIOLOGICALLY speaking, you should be able to control ur temptations/urge...

do u understand?
Original post by March
I would. Not just towards girls, either; it kinda paints all guys as out of control dogs with zero self control.

I'd wager he's also a rape blamer.

no?
Reply 55
no?

Saying that girls specifically are able to control their urges implies them men aren't. You don't agree with that?
Reply 56
how is that sexist? I am only helping u and telling you not to consider such things....and because your a girl, SCIENTIFICALLY and BIOLOGICALLY speaking, you should be able to control ur temptations/urge...

do u understand?

I asked what the risk was, not for someone to lecture me on what is and isn't right according to their rather outdated beliefs. Anyway you obviously don't "understand" my thread, so I'm not taking this any further. :rolleyes:
Reply 57
I really don't get your first point about only being a student once. People go to bars and meet people all the time and the women I know with the highest count of partners met them outside of or after uni. The "only one chance to do this" doesn't really make any sense. If anything it's worse when it's guys from your uni as they often share social circles and your chances of a reputation are much much higher.

The risks you're taking are the same as anyone having casual sex anywhere, which I assume you're aware of. For women it's the risk of not being able to change your mind - if he gets creepy on you and you don't want to sleep with him after all, the chances of rape are higher when you're alone and you already got him hot and bothered.
Then of course there is the risk of reputation, which as long as you are protected, is probably the largest one. That risk is present whether you agree with the term "slut" or not. How men react to a girl who's slept around varies from guy to guy, culture to culture and his own sexual life. But most of the high quality men I know who have good options with women would not want to end up with a woman who's known for having "been around", whether they admit to it openly or not. They're not conservative guys either - they're raised in liberal, feminist countries but like the idea of being committed to a woman who is selective with her sexual partners. It's the kind of thing you don't become aware of until you are, at which point you can't really do anything about it. It's all up to you really. Some girls still find it worth it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by March
Saying that girls specifically are able to control their urges implies them men aren't. You don't agree with that?

most men arent...not all of them are....but what i am saying is, given the chance for any sexual activity, a guy would be more willing to do it......but a girl will think twice.....thats all i meant...

not calling any a guy a crazy dog or any girl a whore, just how humans work in these sorts of situtations
I asked what the risk was, not for someone to lecture me on what is and isn't right according to their rather outdated beliefs. Anyway you obviously don't "understand" my thread, so I'm not taking this any further. :rolleyes:

outdated beliefs? what on earth are you talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending