The Student Room Group

fav alevel subject, why?

Scroll to see replies

Politics :u: I love class discussions, it can get quite heated as there are sixteen of us and lots of strong opinions - one of the girls I always end up arguing with is actually one of my best friends though so it's all strictly confined to politics :smile: one of my two teachers is also great and I just like being able to write about something you read in the paper that morning in an essay
None.

their all horribly disgusting with such terrible content.....and on top of that the exam boards make me sick
MATHS! :biggrin: I love Maths so much, Further Maths is a close runner up, and then Physics :3 I find French and English Lit boring :frown:
Original post by study beats
None.

their all horribly disgusting with such terrible content.....and on top of that the exam boards make me sick

Haha i think i agree with u. What a levels are u doin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Computing was basically the only A Level I didn't regret taking. It's so challenging and complex, yet never a chore; everything pays off in your ability to create stuff.
Reply 25
maths wonderful maths
Physics- but I can't really put my finger on why I like it so much.
Original post by eilish1903
Haha i think i agree with u. What a levels are u doin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths
Further Maths
Physics

you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Physics- but I can't really put my finger on why I like it so much.

maybe because you like Einsteins bad ass theories ?

and maybe because you like seeing "D" grades on ur exam results sheet because the exam board Edexcel are uneducated lunatics
Reply 29
Maths is my favourite by far.
In terms of interesting content, physics is my favourite.

In terms of how fun the teacher, class and subject are in general, definitely biology.
Reply 31
Original post by Anime Lover
MATHS! :biggrin: I love Maths so much, Further Maths is a close runner up, and then Physics :3 I find French and English Lit boring :frown:

I agree and disagree with you at the same time, maths is awesome, but further is much better, imaginary numbers, differential equations, matrices and just generally better content, it's also harder :smile:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics

you?

Biology
Chemistry
Maths withs stats
Physics

I hate chemistry.
Im split on physics and maths. I like my class and my teacher, but im the kind of person who heys stressed and angry when the questions get too hard and some of thw questions ive come across are really hard.
I have two teachers for biology. Ones amazing and she teaches all the dna stuff and the the haemoglobin stuff n chapter 13 in the aqa biology book. But the other isn't great. It feels like she caps us at a c/d because she dont teach us in ways that are benificial to us.

Im crazy for chosin the a levels i did
Posted from TSR Mobile

and maybe because you like seeing "D" grades on ur exam results sheet because the exam board Edexcel are uneducated lunatics

I do like Einstein's bad ass theories! who doesn't!?

I don't do Edexcel- what have they done to you?
Reply 34

I despise Edexcel for everything apart from maths, for history they expect candidates to pick 1 key thing out of the source, and if you don't (but make other good judgements) you go from an A to a C hmmph
Original post by eilish1903
Biology
Chemistry
Maths withs stats
Physics

I hate chemistry.
Im split on physics and maths. I like my class and my teacher, but im the kind of person who heys stressed and angry when the questions get too hard and some of thw questions ive come across are really hard.
I have two teachers for biology. Ones amazing and she teaches all the dna stuff and the the haemoglobin stuff n chapter 13 in the aqa biology book. But the other isn't great. It feels like she caps us at a c/d because she dont teach us in ways that are benificial to us.

Im crazy for chosin the a levels i did
Posted from TSR Mobile

i dropped chemistry, that subject gave me a high fever, my was worried and i told her "mum i have to drop this subject, it gives me nightmares"

what a dodgy subject chemistry is...

physics content is alright, but the exams are absolutely awful....especially the way they mark it....Edexcel marks the physics exams as if its marking an immigration report, those scums
maths (mechanics)
revision is actually doing something, not praying some unnecessary waffle infiltrates into your head
Original post by SpiggyTopes
I do like Einstein's bad ass theories! who doesn't!?

I don't do Edexcel- what have they done to you?

they dont know how to mark physics papers at all
Original post by yoitsro
maths (mechanics)
revision is actually doing something, not praying some unnecessary waffle infiltrates into your head

huh?
Original post by Robbie242
I despise Edexcel for everything apart from maths, for history they expect candidates to pick 1 key thing out of the source, and if you don't (but make other good judgements) you go from an A to a C hmmph

edexcel should either sell themselves....or change their name to Edexcel Maths.......

they have no idea what they are doing

Quick Reply

Latest