The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Passwords
Of course its a lot, if I get school at lets say 5:00pm I do 3 hours of revision and a past paper which normally lasts 2 hours I finish at 10:00pm and that's not counting breaks or tea. That's crazy! I will be lucky if I survive a week without launching myself out the window...

I noticed you want to do a biology related course at university, so do I! Are you in S4 or S5?

wth why do you get home at 5??? Oh I suppose, but I thought you were meaning weekends as well.

Yes I do and I'm in s5! you?
Reply 41
Original post by CSM1996
wth why do you get home at 5??? Oh I suppose, but I thought you were meaning weekends as well.

Yes I do and I'm in s5! you?

I get at of school at 4 and the bus is always late so normally I get home at around 5. And yeah I guess for the weekend nearing up to the exam it isn't too bad.
I am in S4 so I still have time to decide but I am aiming for a biology/chemistry based course at uni.
BTW what is a the "REACH" programme? My school hasn't said anything about it at all.
Reply 42
I get at of school at 4 and the bus is always late so normally I get home at around 5. And yeah I guess for the weekend nearing up to the exam it isn't too bad.
I am in S4 so I still have time to decide but I am aiming for a biology/chemistry based course at uni.
BTW what is a the "REACH" programme? My school hasn't said anything about it at all.

Oh alright, are you at a private school or something to get out at 4?

In s4 I wanted to do a chemistry course but I think that was partially to do with my rubbish biology teacher in s4 so I didn't enjoy it as much. But not I have a better teacher, I find it a lot better, although I did enjoy the subject before but now even more!

Tbh, I didn't know what it was before TSR but I'm still not even sure what it is :s-smilie:
Original post by jackamakka
Well since we're just all rambling and having a freak out on the most part I'll join in :smile:

Over Easter, I've been aiming around 2.5-3 hours studying per day (including past papers and what-not) and I feel I've improved so much more from even the prelims! Only missing a 1 in Chemistry PS by one mark, sitting comfortably in a 1 for Computing, Chemistry KU, Graphics KI and Physics. Averaging around 26/30 for English Close Reading, and getting 90-100% in all my Maths work. Going strong in Geography, just losing marks mostly around the Farming questions (I don't understand the majority of that unit tbh); usually getting 90% in the past papers. French is good too, but have a lot to live up to only losing 10 marks over the prelims (1 in Reading, 9 in Listening). From Monday I'm going to have to reduce a bit to maybe 2.5 hours a day, just because of times I get in from school and other commitments outside of school. Only in for another week and a half until study leave then my first exam is Computing on the 26th. Feeling good about my exams atm, need to do some essay work for English and some DA work for Graphics but happy nonetheless :smile:

You're extremely committed. I wish I had the same perseverance as you haha... Most of my holidays were filled with looking over some note, YouTube, doing some math questions, more youtube and doing 2 Chemistry Past Papers. I'm not too worried because my prelim marks were quite strong I only need to focus in on Chemistry, Physics and English. Computing is fairly straightforward( self-proclaimed computer geek reporting in), French I am already partially fluent in, Music is fairly easy just have to remember the techniques and instrument names, Tech Studies is basically the same as Computing. I got nearly full marks in The Tech Studies, Computing and French prelims and a solid 1/1 in Music and Math. I got 2's in both Chemistry and Physics so will have to bring that up in the next few weeks with past papers and Leckie Leckie guides.
Reply 44
Original post by CSM1996
Oh alright, are you at a private school or something to get out at 4?

In s4 I wanted to do a chemistry course but I think that was partially to do with my rubbish biology teacher in s4 so I didn't enjoy it as much. But not I have a better teacher, I find it a lot better, although I did enjoy the subject before but now even more!

Tbh, I didn't know what it was before TSR but I'm still not even sure what it is :s-smilie:

No just a normal state school 9am-4pm.
For standard grades I have had a really, really good biology teacher and a not so good chemistry teacher but I enjoy the subjects a lot!

What did everyone get for their Prelims? :tongue:
Reply 45
No just a normal state school 9am-4pm.
For standard grades I have had a really, really good biology teacher and a not so good chemistry teacher but I enjoy the subjects a lot!

What did everyone get for their Prelims? :tongue:

wth my school must be different then. On monday, tuesdays and thursdays I'm 8:45-3:35 and wednesday and friday I'm 8:45-2:45.

Just hope for good teachers for your highers, it helps a lot!

And I know I'm not s4, but I got 5a's :tongue:
For my prelims I got 3 A's, 4 1's and a B (English bah) :biggrin:
Reply 47
I got 6 1s, a 2 (geography was really annoyed with that since I've been getting 1s), and a 3 for art (excluding coursework) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 5 1s and 3 2s, (I despise english)
Reply 49
Wow, really good results from everybody! I got 5 1s(Biology,Chemistry, Maths, Physics and English), 2 2s(Music and Graphics, although I got a 1 for Graphics KI but 2s for Folio and DA so overall 2 :mad:) and a 3 overall for Geography, a 2 for KU and failed credit ES. For General I got 7 KU and 4 ES :eek: so stupid although in my defence I had a horrible migraine that day so I couldn't concentrate at all. Worst 2 hours of my life probably.
Reply 50
I got 5As, 1, 2 and a B in my prelims so quite happy with that :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
It feels so close to the exams! One week left... :O
What are you all planning to do once you leave school? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Study.

Study like there's no tommorow.
Reply 53
Haha are you feeling confident? I've studied quite a bit but I'm still trying to increase my rate - I've got massive gaps in my exams, 15 days between my second last (bio) and last (geo) so that's plenty to study for that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am just so scared for maths and history :/ I''ve forgotten so much in Maths, even though I aced the prelim. And there is so much to learn in History. I'm slightly screwed but we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by Bromaldehyde
I am just so scared for maths and history :/ I''ve forgotten so much in Maths, even though I aced the prelim. And there is so much to learn in History. I'm slightly screwed but we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be fine I'm sure :tongue: I'm quite confident with maths actually just parabolas that scare me a little aha! Our teacher taught us about iteration yesterday she said that it probably won't be in the exam but its still in the curriculum has anyone here been taught it? It's a whole waste of time tbh aha! She left it pretty late though considering we finished the course in October.

Aw I don't pick history but I'm a little worried for geography I got a 2 in the prelim and I usually get 1s so I was disappointed, I got a 1 in the KU but a 2 in ES and since ES is 60% I got a 2 :frown: I missed a 1 by two marks :frown: I'm most worried for art (I will never get a 1 for that :tongue:) and english probably

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet
You'll be fine I'm sure :tongue: I'm quite confident with maths actually just parabolas that scare me a little aha! Our teacher taught us about iteration yesterday she said that it probably won't be in the exam but its still in the curriculum has anyone here been taught it? It's a whole waste of time tbh aha! She left it pretty late though considering we finished the course in October.

Aw I don't pick history but I'm a little worried for geography I got a 2 in the prelim and I usually get 1s so I was disappointed, I got a 1 in the KU but a 2 in ES and since ES is 60% I got a 2 :frown: I missed a 1 by two marks :frown: I'm most worried for art (I will never get a 1 for that :tongue:) and english probably

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gonna be honest here, and say that I don't think the concept of iteration in Maths was introduced to me until Advanced Higher :tongue: Also, parabolas are quite easy once you get the hang of them :smile: What is it about you're worried about?
Reply 57
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'm gonna be honest here, and say that I don't think the concept of iteration in Maths was introduced to me until Advanced Higher :tongue: Also, parabolas are quite easy once you get the hang of them :smile: What is it about you're worried about?

Ahahaha the iteration part seemed very tedious we kept halving between the values and I was like ..really? Even my maths teacher said it was boring and I usually like maths :tongue: I'm generally fine with them it was just we were doing past papers and the equation y=k(x-a)(x-b) came up and it seemed okay and when we did the question it completely stumped me and the rest if the class but once we done it it was fine but I think if any surprise quadratic parabolas like that crop up again ill be toast :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
9 days to go for me :O
3 days of S4 left for me guys... first exam on Friday and I'm feeling alright about it (Computing), kinda worried for Chemistry on Wed 1st May though :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending