The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Preston Student Halls

Hey!
I will be studying at UCLAN this year and was just wondering about student halls. Could anyone tell me what you thought of halls in Preston and what ones are good value for money etc.
This will be the first time I'll be going to halls :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya, I'm studying in Preston at the moment and I'm staying at Liberty Living - Liberty Village.
It's really really nice here and a lot of students from UCLAN stay here; the facilities are great and well maintained and I swear they have the best showers in the world here.
At the moment I'm staying in the premium room and its a pretty decent size, but I'm moving room to the one next door which is massive, there are only two of it's size in the entire accommodation block (2.5x my current room, en-suite). It's meant for two people, but it can be booked for one, currently priced at 120/week on a 51 week contract - total 6120/year.
Unfortunately, I have to move out because I have my next placement in Manchester and I'll be moving there.
I'm looking for someone (or two people) to be willing to take over my contract, and as such, I'm offering to pay up 500 of the yearly fee (5620/year or 110/week for 51 weeks). I'm only willing to pay in cash, in person during the switch over of the contract or directly after.
If you're interested then you have to contact me first, because I will then be able to tell the reception that you want to take over my booking specifically and not just book any other room.
Message me: 07583049470
Thanks!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
I'm staying in Cosmo: walker street halls.
They are gorgeous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lisat83
Hiya, I'm studying in Preston at the moment and I'm staying at Liberty Living - Liberty Village.
It's really really nice here and a lot of students from UCLAN stay here; the facilities are great and well maintained and I swear they have the best showers in the world here.
At the moment I'm staying in the premium room and its a pretty decent size, but I'm moving room to the one next door which is massive, there are only two of it's size in the entire accommodation block (2.5x my current room, en-suite). It's meant for two people, but it can be booked for one, currently priced at 120/week on a 51 week contract - total 6120/year.
Unfortunately, I have to move out because I have my next placement in Manchester and I'll be moving there.
I'm looking for someone (or two people) to be willing to take over my contract, and as such, I'm offering to pay up 500 of the yearly fee (5620/year or 110/week for 51 weeks). I'm only willing to pay in cash, in person during the switch over of the contract or directly after.
If you're interested then you have to contact me first, because I will then be able to tell the reception that you want to take over my booking specifically and not just book any other room.
Message me: 07583049470
Thanks!

Thanks! The halls look great! How soon do you need to know though? The problem is I have to get SAAS to find out how much I could afford and they have been down for maintenance :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by rachael--louise
I'm staying in Cosmo: walker street halls.
They are gorgeous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do look nice :smile: thankyou!
Hey guys, for anyone that studies or is going to be studying at Uclan in Preston and doesn't have anywhere to stay next year there's a room available at the warehouse apartments with three lovely girls, all bills included,The complex has excellent facilities CCTV and a modern laundry. The spacious communal area includes an internet café with 42” plasma screen TV, vending machines and pool table. Each apartment is fully furnished and carpeted in contemporary style, with fully fitted modern kitchen with modern appliances, and a lounge with 28” TV with licence fee paid for one year from 09/06. Each bedroom having a double or ¾ bed, Broadband connectivity, stylish private en suite with shower, telephone and TV aerial socket, large study desk, ample fitted wardrobes & under bed storage. its £92 a week, paid in three installments (just after your loan goes in) i've already paid the £200 deposit :smile: let me know xx
Reply 6
Original post by EmmaLouise.xo
Hey guys, for anyone that studies or is going to be studying at Uclan in Preston and doesn't have anywhere to stay next year there's a room available at the warehouse apartments with three lovely girls, all bills included,The complex has excellent facilities CCTV and a modern laundry. The spacious communal area includes an internet café with 42” plasma screen TV, vending machines and pool table. Each apartment is fully furnished and carpeted in contemporary style, with fully fitted modern kitchen with modern appliances, and a lounge with 28” TV with licence fee paid for one year from 09/06. Each bedroom having a double or ¾ bed, Broadband connectivity, stylish private en suite with shower, telephone and TV aerial socket, large study desk, ample fitted wardrobes & under bed storage. its £92 a week, paid in three installments (just after your loan goes in) i've already paid the £200 deposit :smile: let me know xx

I looked at Warehouse apartments and thought they looked fantastic :smile: Not only that but it is close to my Uni building! When would you need to know by? Like I said in my other post I'm applying for SAAS now so until I knew I could get it and afford it I have to wait.
Original post by jillymc25
I looked at Warehouse apartments and thought they looked fantastic :smile: Not only that but it is close to my Uni building! When would you need to know by? Like I said in my other post I'm applying for SAAS now so until I knew I could get it and afford it I have to wait.

there amazing, i loved it, the only reason i'm not living there is because i'm only in two days a week next year and i have a job near where i live so i wouldn't be there much. its worth it and the girls are amazing :smile: just let me know as soon as you can, do you have facebook ? x
Got an offer from 'Bowran House' today, they want a reply by Saturday, hopefully my contract with Brunel Court will show up before that so I can check it's all OK before I reject the uni's offer.
Reply 9
Original post by EmmaLouise.xo
there amazing, i loved it, the only reason i'm not living there is because i'm only in two days a week next year and i have a job near where i live so i wouldn't be there much. its worth it and the girls are amazing :smile: just let me know as soon as you can, do you have facebook ? x

Yeah just look for Jilly Mclellan.
I am very interested in these halls and will be studying in Preston for two years. Would it be okay to send some photos of the room?
Anyone else had an offer for IQ Kopa?! excited!
Original post by jillymc25
Yeah just look for Jilly Mclellan.
I am very interested in these halls and will be studying in Preston for two years. Would it be okay to send some photos of the room?

yeah i can get you some pictures :smile: they do have a website with pictures on too :smile: on there it says the rooms are from £97 a week but they have changed the price because you no longer have to pay a deposit, instead they put the weekly amount up, when i booked mine i payed the £200 deposit so its only £92 a week, i payed the same amount a week in roeburn and the rooms were tiny, the bathroom was horrible and there was only a single bed...for the same price as that its absolutely amazing, i'll add you now :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by morganforbes

I had one today, I'm excited too :smile:

ive had an offer what flat are you going to be in?:smile:
Reply 14

Hi! I've had an offer from iQ Kopa too :smile: flat 59! Which flats are everyone else in?
I stayed in Whitendale and I loved it, but all the first year halls are good fun !
Reply 16
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/297968443669571/

Meet people before you go, share flat numbers and courses!
Reply 17
Flat 39!!!!!. AHHHHHHHHHHH. scared
Original post by Callum Hogan
I'm going to be in flat 38, studying Computer Forensics:smile: Which flat will you be in?

flat 17 im studying forensic psychology :smile:
Original post by loraaah
Hi! I've had an offer from iQ Kopa too :smile: flat 59! Which flats are everyone else in?

Hey! Just saw your post, I will be in IQ Kopa flat 59 too! room F:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending