The Student Room Group

Sleeping around if you're a girl

Scroll to see replies

Yes it's 2013. Yes it's student culture.
It's acceptable in your current 'situation' as it were, I would say live life, be safe. However do NOT continue this way of life for an extended period of time. When you're a student act a student, when you're an adult, act an adult.
I'm just going to post what I put on another thread recently as it's quite relavant.

Original post by MasterJomi
My number isn't as high as yours but I'm happy with my number. Don't know why I wouldn't be.

I'm guessing the only reason you ask is because you're not happy with your decisions?

In which case ask yourself why your number is that high.

Not to shame anyone. But the girls who I'm 'close' with (as in have had deep personal conversations with) who have numbers around 20 or above are usually extremely deranged lol. (Two are ****ing psycho). They have extreme self confidence/ self esteem issues which they try to correct by getting attention from/ sleeping with guys.
Then there's the others who aren't quite as high in numbers who are completely normal.

Just what I've noticed.

Like Millie said, guys will react differently.

Chances are, if you want a relationship, you're going to have to find a guy with a similar number to yours. A lot of guys would have a problem with a girl with a very high number. Obviously this changes with age, eg 30 guys at 18 is different to 30 guys at 30.

Also personally, given what I wrote above, very high numbers = usually because they want validation = Issues /low self-confidence = not attractive traits. Therefore less desirable to me.

Lastly... You just have to browse TSR an see the amount of girls on here who will post, "Yeah go for it it #YOLO" on these kind of threads then you see them asking if this guy just wants to meet them up for sex... lol. Obviously, they have associated that attitude to your name, of course they will only see you for sex.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Sleep with women instead it's safer!
Original post by Anonymous
I asked what the risk was, not for someone to lecture me on what is and isn't right according to their rather outdated beliefs. Anyway you obviously don't "understand" my thread, so I'm not taking this any further. :rolleyes:

The risks are getting a reputation, future partners not liking it and STIs, anything else that anybody says is very unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't agree with sleeping around personally, and I'm not religious.
Original post by Ban3
Not true... Well it is true, but that is no excuse, sex bonds two people's energies together, it is a very spiritual union, which your attitude besmirches. There really should be no such thing as getting a variety, because this very behaviour is what causes people to cheat or get bored in real relationships later.

Sorry but that's a completely conjectural and subjective argument.

Sex is those things to you!

Not necessarily to anyone else.
Reply 66
I'm just going to post what I put on another thread recently as it's quite relavant.

Chances are, if you want a relationship, you're going to have to find a guy with a similar number to yours. A lot of guys would have a problem with a girl with a very high number. Obviously this changes with age, eg 30 guys at 18 is different to 30 guys at 30.

Also personally, given what I wrote above, very high numbers = usually because they want validation = Issues /low self-confidence = not attractive traits. Therefore less desirable to me.

Lastly... You just have to browse TSR an see the amount of girls on here who will post, "Yeah go for it it #YOLO" on these kind of threads then you see them asking if this guy just wants to meet them up for sex... lol. Obviously, they have associated that attitude to your name, of course they will only see you for sex.

Sorry if this is a vague question but how high is generally considered too/very high? And I don't have any illusions lol, I don't expect a relationship to come out of it if I sleep with anyone (if I'd wanted one I would go out with one of my male friends who fancied me) :smile:
Reply 67
Sleeping around doesn't appeal to me at all, there's no romance with taking a stranger home from a club.
Also, am I the only one who feels gross after leaving a club? As soon as I step outside I sober up, feel grimy and just want to go home and cosy up in my bed in my PJs :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
Yes it's 2013. Yes it's student culture.
It's acceptable in your current 'situation' as it were, I would say live life, be safe. However do NOT continue this way of life for an extended period of time. When you're a student act a student, when you're an adult, act an adult.

That is such a conformist view point. Makes me shudder.
Reply 69

What I'm about to say is totally irrelevant, but is that Lelouch Vi Brittania I see in your avatar?
Original post by pandabird

Don't worry - he must also believe in things like "if you don't get wasted every Saturday night you aren't social."

And what if someone picked at your viewpoint of finding the idea of a one-night stand unappealing and the idea of taking someone home lacking in romance? To be honest, unless you have had a one-night stand I don't think you're really in a position to say what they are and are not. Most people aren't looking for romance when they have a one-night stand - it's about sexual release and an ego boost. Some people enjoy meaningless sex and for that they can't be judged.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry if this is a vague question but how high is generally considered too/very high? And I don't have any illusions lol, I don't expect a relationship to come out of it if I sleep with anyone (if I'd wanted one I would go out with one of my male friends who fancied me) :smile:

Well that really does depend on your age really and it's quite subjective and will change from person to person.
For me though, I'd say for my age, 20 years old, I'd say around 20 is pretty high, 30 is too high. But again, some people won't think these numbers are too high.
I'm not saying you want a relationship with one of these guys in particular, but some guys will be put off with your reputation.

Original post by March
What I'm about to say is totally irrelevant, but is that Lelouch Vi Brittania I see in your avatar?

Aha yes it is. Don't think anyone has every noticed before.
Reply 73
Aha yes it is. Don't think anyone has every noticed before.

I only finished the show a few weeks ago and watched Akito the Exiled just the other day... can't believe how massive the gaps between episodes of Akito are.

Yeah, I'm totally not over the 'just finished a show' feeling just yet. I'll stop pestering you. :P
Reply 74
Arn't you worried youll get pregnant and end up with a baby???? condems can break (my cousin got pregs when 17, even though used condoms and was on the pill...

Live life like a student. Everyone has a different view on how a student lives. What I tried to get accross was that behave how you want to behave. If you want to be a slut, be a slut. If you want to live differently, it's your choice, no one elses.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Don't worry - he must also believe in things like "if you don't get wasted every Saturday night you aren't social."

Thanks for trying to think for me, but I'll do my own thinking thank you. Drinking is a culture and not the only way to be 'social', but it is one of the most popular ways to be sociable as a student, you can't deny that.
Original post by March
I only finished the show a few weeks ago and watched Akito the Exiled just the other day... can't believe how massive the gaps between episodes of Akito are.

Yeah, I'm totally not over the 'just finished a show' feeling just yet. I'll stop pestering you. :P

It took me a long time to get over Code Geass when I finished it.

Ooh, didn't know Akito the Exiled was a series. Thought it was a movie!
Reply 78
It took me a long time to get over Code Geass when I finished it.

Ooh, didn't know Akito the Exiled was a series. Thought it was a movie!

Yep, it's an on-going four parter. The next episode's going to have Suzaku and C.C in it!
^ Shall we get to know eachother over some lemonade? Ok, cute lesbian/bisexual is now a few posts back... and I'm not quoting...

The problem is a double standard with women and promiscuity.

A man plays the field and he is a god (even to the women who KNOW he will hurt them but if a woman has many sexual partners, she is the scum of the earth and must be stoned to death.

Now, I'm not saying women should have a license to be harlots. Or anyone. I think the most important thing is about being safe and respecting the person you have sex with.

Should there be more specific defining terms for promiscuity. Personally I see a difference between having friends with benefits that you care about or being polyamorous and just screwing anything that moves because the opportunity presents itself, without caring about that person. I think it's really wrong to just sleep with anyone or forget what a precious and deeply emotional/spiritual thing sex can be and it's a gift you share with someone else. I just have a problem with someone of either gender just not caring as long as they get their rocks off or doing it at the expense of someone else There can be alot of emotional pain resulting from (or in!) promiscuity.

I've realized I'm that classic girl with daddy issues, low self esteem. It's tempting to let someone take advantage or throw yourself at someone when you don't respect yourself, but on the flip side there shouldn't be so much HATE towards women who aren't straight laced. Like everyone has a madonna/whore complex. Men like sluts but complain when women are sluts, marry a 'good girl' but then go have sex with sluts 0_o

I like to think I am the good girl who can be a little on the slutty side, but only for someone I care about.

One thing I DO NOT AGREE WITH UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES is a one night stand. You know the type... with people slinking off guiltily and the other person wondering if you'll ever call again...
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending