The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what date we will actually be expected to turn up?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by starryskie
Anyone know what date we will actually be expected to turn up? I mean it says October 1st on UCAS but last year i think people arrived on about 4th and on the cambridge website it says term starts later than 1st... not that familiar with all the terminology though! Anyone have any idea? Trying to plan holidays/summer work etc :wink:

Your college will inform you by letter in due course. Freshers generally arrive later than other students, although for some subjects at certain colleges you are told to arrive a week early so the college could give you some preparatory tuition (geek/Greek week).
Trinity said somewhere on their website that we would be sent an accommodation form sometime in April... I take it nobody has this yet?

Tbh I am fighting the niggling feeling that they have forgotten about me, or that the offer was world's cruelest practical joke :confused:

I feel like the neediest applicant ever, WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME TRINITY ????? :angry:
Original post by St. Brynjar
Vicky said that we'll find something out this month about accommodation to me :smile:

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I was trying to say that I haven't had any details yet! I'm still to decide whether to go for a nice room in the first year, as it's (probably) our only year in college! Then again I also don't know whether there's much difference between the categories.
Reply 2184
Original post by Eireann95
Good luck! :smile:

Are you'r exams really soon?

What subjects do you do?

My exams are in about... 2 and a half weeks. When are yours?

I do Higher Level English Lang & Lit, History, Chemistry; Standard Level Biology, Maths, Chinese Lang & Lit (and Spanish Ab Initio). It's not really focused on English literature, I suppose, but it works xD
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Trinity said somewhere on their website that we would be sent an accommodation form sometime in April... I take it nobody has this yet?

Tbh I am fighting the niggling feeling that they have forgotten about me, or that the offer was world's cruelest practical joke :confused:

I feel like the neediest applicant ever, WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME TRINITY ????? :angry:

:awesome: what course?
Reply 2186
Does anyone else have a sense of impending doom? My first exam is two weeks tomorrow :nooo:
Original post by Etoile
Does anyone else have a sense of impending doom? My first exam is two weeks tomorrow :nooo:

In April? :lolwut:

I don't have any exams for at least ~2 months.

Edit: to answer the question I don't feel very confident about my EngLit, mainly because I don't like the AQA spec. (tragedy).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2188
Original post by Llewellyn
In April? :lolwut:

I don't have any exams for at least ~2 months.

It's an oral. And then I have 2 more orals in the subsequent 2 weeks. :nooo:
Original post by Etoile
It's an oral. And then I have 2 more orals in the subsequent 2 weeks. :nooo:

Ah, okay. Well good luck :biggrin:. I'm sure you'll be alright. I can still painfully remember one of my GCSE orals, with the long awkward silences after each question as my teacher looked at me with the desperate "please say something" eyes. And my attempt at a Spanish accent :lol:
Reply 2190
Original post by Llewellyn
Ah, okay. Well good luck :biggrin:. I'm sure you'll be alright. I can still painfully remember one of my GCSE orals, with the long awkward silences after each question as my teacher looked at me with the desperate "please say something" eyes. And my attempt at a Spanish accent :lol:

Thanks :smile: I speak really quickly naturally and since I know in the oral I'm being timed, it makes me speak even faster so I sound like a blur, it's so bad :lol: I remember in my German one last year my teacher waving her arms around to try and tell me to slow down XD
Reply 2191
Original post by Kysa
I haven't heard a word yet! But I think Girton have some sort of lottery system where rooms are allocated randomly so maybe there is less paperwork to do?

Yeah I reckon we won't have to do anything because they're randomly allocated as you said. No matter what size or bathroom situation everyone pays the same price so really there's nothing to do but agree and sign a form after we're accepted or something :smile:
On another note, nice to meet you! What subject are you doing?
Original post by Etoile

Mine is this Friday :tongue:
Reply 2193
Hahahaha good luck to you guys having to work like dogs for the next 3 years whilst i prep myself to take over my dads business and become a 10k a day ceo.

Most of you probably wont even know this feel in life - but its your choice i guess.
Original post by Dr.MBBS
Hahahaha good luck to you guys having to work like dogs for the next 3 years whilst i prep myself to take over my dads business and become a 10k a day ceo.

Most of you probably wont even know this feel in life - but its your choice i guess.

fishingBigFish.jpg
Reply 2195
Original post by Dr.MBBS

It really is your choice to decide what you think gives life meaning and whether you're going to go for it or not.
I had a dream last night that I'd been reading my offer letter wrong all this time and I'd actually been rejected from Peterhouse but offered a place at either St John's or Trinity Hall. And I immediately accepted Trinity Hall's place and then wanted to change my mind to John's and couldn't and got very stressed. :lol:

Original post by Etoile

Yeah!! Not helped by all these articles I keep finding in Varsity and The Tab about how stressful the how Cam experience is.
Reply 2197
is anyone worried about how much cambridge is going to cost us to live in? I am going to be studying medicine so thats 6 years of a loan! :mad:
Reply 2198
Original post by Dr.MBBS

You know, I'm doing this for my own enjoyment, I could already get quite a well-paying job in a nice country.

But hey, have fun being a CEO. After all, it's

so-hardcore.jpg
Original post by Dr.MBBS

Spoiler

haha :tongue: But seriously have fun I guess :cute:

Latest

Trending

Trending