The Student Room Group

question about edexcel c2.

for example, if you had a question where you have to find the co-ordinates of a point (e.g stationary point), use calculus and use the quadratic formula (because i'm lazy when it comes to factoring, only when a question doesn't ask you to factorise) do you get all the marks? like on the markscheme, it doesn't show anything about using the quadratic formula even though i got the right answers.
Reply 1
Original post by CoolRunner
for example, if you had a question where you have to find the co-ordinates of a point (e.g stationary point), use calculus and use the quadratic formula (because i'm lazy when it comes to factoring, only when a question doesn't ask you to factorise) do you get all the marks? like on the markscheme, it doesn't show anything about using the quadratic formula even though i got the right answers.

Correct solutions I believe attain the marks, regardless of the method (provided there is one) :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CoolRunner

Are you asking

"Can I use the quadratic formula instead of factorising"

If so, yes
Reply 3
Original post by TenOfThem
Are you asking

"Can I use the quadratic formula instead of factorising"

If so, yes

Original post by joostan
Correct solutions I believe attain the marks, regardless of the method (provided there is one) :smile:

Thanks!
Can you give an example of where you have used the quadratic formula to find a stationary point?

Quick Reply

Latest