The Student Room Group

Are you positive about your A2 exams coming up or feeling negative?

So Ive firmed University of Exeter and that is my dream to go there in September. However im sitting 8 exams, some starting next month which are my resits as I didnt do well in either the Jan exams or my AS exams but now I have a personal tutor at home to help me and Im feeling a lot more confident now for these exams however im going through stages also where i feel like Im going to completely fail before I have even sit the exams yet...is this normal?

Are you feeling confident about these exams or negative? I keep switching from both so frequently...at the moment im not confident about them all, especially Psychology A2 AQA. What grades do you have to get to get into University? and also what helps you calm down your nerves before these exams?
Reply 1
Original post by kate_louise21
however im going through stages also where i feel like Im going to completely fail before I have even sit the exams yet...is this normal?
and also what helps you calm down your nerves before these exams?

That is completely normal, I can assure you that almost everyone has moments of panic about meeting their req. grades, even if they they do not announce it to the world. The "secret" is just to give it your best shot. Pass or fail, there is nothing more that can be asked of you and no one has the right (including yourself) to give you a hard time if you miss the grades despite giving it your best effort.

Calming down is just about regaining control of yourself. The simplest way is to just take slow and deep breathes (breathe in for 3 seconds, hold it for 5 seconds, breathe out slowly) for about a minute, close your eyes, relax your shoulders by rolling them back and forth in slow but large movements.

One method I would recommend is taking up meditation. This only involves taking say 15 to 20 minutes per day to find a quiet corner and just try to think about as little as possible. It helps to count breaths, and be mindful of all the thoughts running through your mind but not giving them attention. If this is effective then after a while you should be able to slightly detach from yourself, and this will help give you a better view and perspective on you. On its own, meditation does not solve problems but it helps to identify and understand events and emotions and help you come to terms with them.

Beyond that, I would just say that A2 modules are not the end of the world either way. As important as they may feel, there is a lot more to life than just school. It would be nice if you could get into Exeter, and you should use that as motivation. But if you do not get in then that does not automatically make you a failure in any way.

Also: I should add that sometimes being a little bit nervous can help. Of course, it depends on the individual.

Quick Reply

Latest