The Student Room Group

Sleeping around if you're a girl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I can see the appeal of a lot of sex with exciting partners - and I don't agree with the double standard for women about promiscuity. But I would usually want things to develop a bit as, for me, sex without other aspects of a relationship is only half the pleasure..
Reply 81
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
Now, I'm not saying women should have a license to be harlots.

Why not?

If someone wants to capitalise on their assets and become a hooker, then more power to them. :tongue:
Reply 82
As long as it is safe and this doesn't get out of hand (as in it starts to interfere with your life,STI's, people keep coming back to you, drama, all that nonsense) I see nothing wrong with it personally. We're all humans and we shouldn't really battle our natural urges, they're natural, we're wired to have them. I'm personally the kind of person who would rather look for a deeper relationship, but live your life as you know it, if you have considered all the other ways you could live and you're more than happy to stay the way you are, nothing wrong with it, and if you do get sick of this lifestyle, you can change it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Go for it! Have fun but be careful :smile:
Original post by Bella-emma
Arn't you worried youll get pregnant and end up with a baby???? condems can break (my cousin got pregs when 17, even though used condoms and was on the pill...

I'm not calling you a liar.

But, the chances of someone becoming pregnant whilst on the pill AND using a condom are extremely slim. Extremely.

I'd hazard a guess that your cousin either wasn't being regular with the pill, or, more likely, she used the two contraceptions intermittently.

Regardless, with appropriate forethought, casual sex is perfectly safe.
Reply 85
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
And what if someone picked at your viewpoint of finding the idea of a one-night stand unappealing and the idea of taking someone home lacking in romance? To be honest, unless you have had a one-night stand I don't think you're really in a position to say what they are and are not. Most people aren't looking for romance when they have a one-night stand - it's about sexual release and an ego boost. Some people enjoy meaningless sex and for that they can't be judged.

Then they are free to do so... And I'm not judging anyone, I just wouldn't like it for myself.
Original post by Zarek
I can see the appeal of a lot of sex with exciting partners - and I don't agree with the double standard for women about promiscuity. But I would usually want things to develop a bit as, for me, sex without other aspects of a relationship is only half the pleasure..

You honestly don't think that it is far more likely a man is praised for sleeping with alot of women than for a woman to be praised for sleeping with alot of men? There are a couple of psycho-feminist groups who are trying to empower themselves by praising sluts, granted, but I promise you in just about every culture that men are praised and proud of sexual conquest far more. Everyone likes a player, even the girls who call him an ******* (then sleep with him anyway lol). No one likes a slut.

I honestly can't blame men when they are often conditioned to be like that though. And not all men are horndogs, don't get me wrong. My boyfriend was a shy virgin until I came along, but he agrees with me that he is an anomaly and the double standard exists.

You seem like the subset of sweet guys like my boyfriend. I agree with you. Sex without those other things is half the pleasure. I've been abused and pressured into doing things by guys in the past. I never thought I'd enjoy sex. Until I actually managed to get a guy I had feelings for and it was mutual to sleep with me and it was indescribably amazing. Having an emotional connection to that persona and being able to spend time with them and knowing them inside out makes sex 1000x better... Or it even just becomes a bonus.

About the harlot thing, It's kind of weird being one of those middle-girls that some people think is a whore and other people think is a sex-negative prude! I've had both accusations! (That's another thing... women are supposedly either sluts or prudes and everyone seems to hate both XD)

I don't hate sex workers or anything. I'm not against having a little fun. I just think it's sad that sex is JUST a commodity to alot of people now. Don't get me wrong I love burlesque dancers, pole fitness and pinup girls. I say spread the love... if you love someone. I guess the thought of sex without love SADDENS me more than anything. Soon enough everyone will be too preoccupied with their fleshlights and dildos to have a relationship, but it's not like I think they're evil, you know? x
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bella-emma
Arn't you worried youll get pregnant and end up with a baby???? condems can break (my cousin got pregs when 17, even though used condoms and was on the pill...

Aren't you worried about getting hit by a van when crossing the road? Same logic bro.
Reply 88
I think girls should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies and not get judged. It's their decision not yours.
Original post by daemonium
I think girls should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies and not get judged. It's their decision not yours.

THIS!
Reply 90
Wow, people on the student room getting laid. Never thought I'd see the day :tongue:
Reply 91
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Aren't you worried about getting hit by a van when crossing the road? Same logic bro.

They have vans in King's Landing?
Original post by March
They have vans in King's Landing?

I think I saw one once or twice..although that may have been the Dornish wine.

P.S it's much better than that **** from the arbor.
Reply 93
I think I saw one once or twice..although that may have been the Dornish wine.

P.S it's much better than that **** from the arbor.

Ugh, haven't touched Dornish wine ever since I started seeing grumkins everywhere.
Original post by March
Ugh, haven't touched Dornish wine ever since I started seeing grumkins everywhere.

Grumkins? That's nothing, one time in the north I bought back a beautiful wildling wench with smashing tits. Turns out she was a wight walker, awkward.
Grumkins? That's nothing, one time in the north I bought back a beautiful wildling wench with smashing tits. Turns out she was a wight walker, awkward.

I bet you wish you'd taken the black after that one.
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
I bet you wish you'd taken the black after that one.

Quite. However, someone has to think of the realm. All those unemployed tavern wenches and whores would bankrupt even Casterly Rock. Just doing my bit for Westeros.
Reply 97
Original post by PhysicsGal
THIS!

At least someone agrees with me! ^_^
Reply 98
Original post by Zarek

Yeah if I had the time for a relationship I would get into one, I'm just not entirely sure of who I am right now and I dont want to emotionally commit to something I don't feel ready for :s-smilie:
Original post by Bdavies06
Personally I think it is okay. But a must is the protection. The other slight issue is the risk of catching STDs. These can be transmitted orally too. And if the condom splits etc there that risk too. But be careful and have fun! YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending