The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Since abrahamic religions came into being though, it went into hiding making it somewhat taboo to talk about or express in the last 2000ish years...

Yeah, that's a fair point. But considering it's been a more talked about topic for a good while now I still wouldn't class it as unfamiliar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 401
Original post by shadowdweller
I'd argue that homosexuality wasn't unfamiliar, considering the fact that its always existed in humans

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe unfamiliar is the wrong word...different.
Original post by incipientT
Unfamiliar as in not a part of a persons daily life, maybe?

Granted. Personally I resent the argument of unfamiliar/different as a reason for criticism

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm against it because it's incompatible with my religious beliefs - it's that simple.
Original post by Dejah Thoris
I'm against it because it's incompatible with my religious beliefs - it's that simple.

Religion - the bane of humanity...

Which religion, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which religion, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is this relevant? Islam.
Granted. Personally I resent the argument of unfamiliar/different as a reason for criticism

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd resent it if someone tried to justify their behaviour using it, but I don't resent it as an explanation of why people behave that way. Personally I think in-group/out-group morality might be pretty close to the real reason.

Why does "God" care what people do in bed so long as it doesn't hurt anyone?
Or encourage people to hurt others?

It's not, sorry. I was just interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not, sorry. I was just interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to apologise :smile:

The main goal of sex in Islam is reproduction something which cannot be obtained through homosexual relations. Why is that? Why would God make it impossible for a homosexual couple to have kids if he created people homosexual. No one is born homosexual.
I believe homosexuality is a moral disorder, that is, a sin/corruption.

Here comes the negs :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm Muslim, I have nothing against gay people.

I think it's a personal choice, I don't see why people should get targeted and discriminated for it.

It should be accepted. It doesn't affect you if a person's gay or straight. So shut up and deal with it. It infuriates me when people say stuff like, 'my religion is against it'. So? A gay person might not be of the same religion of you? Why does that make you automatically dislike a gay person?

The main goal of sex in Islam is reproduction something which cannot be obtained through homosexual relations. Why is that? Why would God make it impossible for a homosexual couple to have kids if he created people homosexual. No one is born homosexual.

So would it be immoral for a sterile person to have sex? With anyone?
(edited 10 years ago)

What a delightfully bigoted little creature you are.

Islam is nonsense. It's just total hogwash. All of it. You are delusional, my dear.

That is all

Why would God make it possible for two men or women to love?
Reply 415
Honestly, I'm really sorry, but I don't know. With regards to those who "disapprove" on the basis of a religious principle, as a fellow Christian I can see their point, but I don't accept it. I think it is ok to believe and love God and still accept homosexuality, as we are explicitly warned in the Bible not to judge others and also, I feel that God himself, whilst not favouring homosexuality, by adressing it, at least accepts that for some, it is a natural thing, as in, not a choice; some people are just inclined that way, it doesn't make them any different to the people that you tallk to in Church. After all, acceptance just acknowledges other people's rights, it doesn't force you to change your own ways; everyone owes the world that!
I really hope I haven't offended anyone, this is merely my opinion and you can igonre or accept it as you wish.

Allah is cruel.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat

Islam is nonsense. It's just total hogwash. All of it. You are delusional, my dear.

That is all

I think that saying 'Islam is nonsense' is slightly offensive :/ don't you think?

You're fine to hold this view, but I hope that you don't think that gay people who do not follow your religion should have less rights in the eyes of the law of a secular state.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat

That is all

This seems a little over the top. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to be insulting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest