The Student Room Group

Higher Maths Question

I can't understand how I got this wrong, I got A as the answer but the marking scheme say it's C, any one know what you were meant to do to get that answer, I think they have differentiated to get C but you were meant to intergrate, here is the question.

Also what is the answer to this one I got A

Hopefully the marking scheme is wrong and them I will have got 100% on multi choice :woop:
Reply 1
Original post by Jack--
I can't understand how I got this wrong, I got A as the answer but the marking scheme say it's C, any one know what you were meant to do to get that answer, I think they have differentiated to get C but you were meant to intergrate, here is the question.

Also what is the answer to this one I got A

Hopefully the marking scheme is wrong and them I will have got 100% on multi choice :woop:

eh for the first one I got A as well, to get C you differentiated. Are you sure that is the right answer?

For the second one, I don't think it's A. To work out the centre, you do 2g = x value and 2f = y value then work it from there. If that is how you do it!
Original post by Jack--
x

Please try and keep questions about Higher Maths in the Higher Maths thread.

For the first one, I get A, and since CSM gets it too, I'd assume the marking scheme is wrong.
For the second one, a circle has the equation: x2+y2+2fx+2gy+c=0 x^2 + y^2 + 2fx + 2gy + c = 0 and the centre of the circle is
(-f,-g) so the centre of this circle is (1, -3) or A.
Reply 3
Original post by TheFOMaster
Please try and keep questions about Higher Maths in the Higher Maths thread.

For the first one, I get A, and since CSM gets it too, I'd assume the marking scheme is wrong.
For the second one, a circle has the equation: x2+y2+2fx+2gy+c=0 x^2 + y^2 + 2fx + 2gy + c = 0 and the centre of the circle is
(-f,-g) so the centre of this circle is (1, -3) or A.

wth I'm so confused about the second one then. I got (3,-9) which is B. Surely if you take 2g = -6, g=-3 so the x value would be 3 :frown: I'm probably doing something wrong (even though it is not my question)
Original post by CSM1996
wth I'm so confused about the second one then. I got (3,-9) which is B. Surely if you take 2g = -6, g=-3 so the x value would be 3 :frown: I'm probably doing something wrong (even though it is not my question)

Look at the coefficients of x^2 and y^2 in both the equation and general equation of a circle :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TheFOMaster
Look at the coefficients of x^2 and y^2 in both the equation and general equation of a circle :smile:

omg haha i read it as x^2 and y^2 not even looking at the 3 woops :colondollar:
Original post by CSM1996
omg haha i read it as x^2 and y^2 not even looking at the 3 woops :colondollar:

Don't worry, I made the same mistake until glancing back at the question :tongue:
Reply 7
12 is A :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending