The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by ulcerboy
haha all u got to say about arsenal is that we haven't won anything in 8 years

> win nothing in 8 years
> still have a lot more trophies than chelsea

good talk, try harder boys

No CL's and the only reason you're in this division is because you bribed people to let you enter this league and payed bungs to half of your players who won your first division 1 title. Then uses history argument and complain about our sugar daddy. Great logic man. Good day and goodbye. Try again.

Oh and you didn't go a whole season unbeaten. In the league but wayne bridge said something to a full unbeaten season. You're wasting my time.
(edited 11 years ago)
come back when u can go a whole season unbeaten

Did it end with a champions league?
Reply 802
Original post by Malevolent
Did it end with a champions league?

At least he should make it right when he's trolling. I'm leaving him to infect this thread I have a life to live.
Reply 803
look how quick they are to respond hahaha, definitely sweating in real life..

>fluke the champions league with 11 men between the posts
>get spanked 4-1 by europa league winners
>become first team to win it then get knocked out of the group stages straight after

how mad are u boys on a scale 1-10 (to 2 decimal places)?

i notice that malevolent constantly quotes and talks to me even though i've made it clear that he isn't worthy.

the match (in which u got SPANKED) ended a good 1 hour and a half ago but carry on crying,i can almost taste those tears.. obsess on nerds
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 804
come back when u can go a whole season unbeaten

Unbeaten season really?

http://www.myspace.com/video/rob/bridgey-vs-arsenal/1022558

Goodbye.
Reply 805
when toure had a clear sight of goal then got clipped just before he was about to release the infamous yaya toure hammerblow (shot ended up going wide). don't act like u didnt see it lool
Oh that. Meh, can't really give an opinion as I haven't seen many replays of it (unlike the penalty shout at the other end), but from what I recall Toure got clipped, managed to stay upright to get his shot off before losing his balance. Don't really see how that's comparable to Kompany dragging the shirt off Torres' back but whatever, this is football and this stuff happens all the time.

thats exactly what jam277 said man, get ur own material. first u blame the refs for the loss then u say "ahh we didnt deserve to win anyway" to save face
Two people having the same/a similar opinion? How unheard of! :rolleyes:

Didn't blame the refs at all, just acknowledged it was unfortunate for us. I made a post about how we didn't deserve to win in the match thread as soon as the game ended. Hell, I even said we played badly for the majority of the game in my original post in this thread, the one where I apparently 'blamed the refs'.

ur confused. that game must have given u a serious nervous breakdown
So embarrassing. :facepalm2:

It's a football match. Yeah it would have been nice to see the team I support progress to the final but at the end of the day we didn't, and we didn't deserve to either. Why would I give a ****?

And how are these weird pictures of Ribery you keep posting even relevant? :confused:
In the 2004/2005 season we only lost one game in the league to City anyway...
Reply 807
look how quick they are to respond hahaha, definitely sweating in real life..

>fluke the champions league with 11 men between the posts
>get spanked 4-1 by europa league winners
>become first team to win it then get knocked out of the group stages straight after

how mad are u boys on a scale 1-10 (to 2 decimal places)?

i notice that malevolent constantly quotes and talks to me even though i've made it clear that he isn't worthy. must be obsessed

carry on crying,i can almost taste those tears

Hold on a second....who are you to talk about us losing in the super cup and becoming the first team to get knocked out in the group stages. Last time I recall, Arsenal have never...erm...what was it? oh yeh never won the champions league.
Oh god haha its the Zidane guy knew it :laugh:

He's just jealous

Original post by Nickini
Oh that. Meh, can't really give an opinion as I haven't seen many replays of it (unlike the penalty shout at the other end), but from what I recall Toure got clipped, managed to stay upright to get his shot off before losing his balance. Don't really see how that's comparable to Kompany dragging the shirt off Torres' back but whatever, this is football and this stuff happens all the time.

Two people having the same/a similar opinion? How unheard of! :rolleyes:

Didn't blame the refs at all, just acknowledged it was unfortunate for us. I made a post about how we didn't deserve to win in the match thread as soon as the game ended. Hell, I even said we played badly for the majority of the game in my original post in this thread, the one where I apparently 'blamed the refs'.

So embarrassing. :facepalm2:

It's a football match. Yeah it would have been nice to see the team I support progress to the final but at the end of the day we didn't, and we didn't deserve to either. Why would I give a ****?

And how are these weird pictures of Ribery you keep posting even relevant? :confused:

He isn't worthy of your effort :yawn:
Reply 810
Original post by The Assassin
In the 2004/2005 season we only lost one game in the league to City anyway...
aka u didn't go unbeaten
Reply 811
loool look at the arsenal fan sucking up to chelsea, no respect
As if that makes much of a difference :lol:. One game? I could then just easily say your season wasn't as good because we had more wins than you and ultimately had more points at the end
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 813
difference is u were beatable, we weren't

next..
Reply 814
Original post by The Assassin
As if that makes much of a difference :lol:. One game? I could then just easily say your season wasn't as good because we had more wins than you and ultimately had more points at the end

You forgot something...15 goals allowed.
loool look at the arsenal fan sucking up to chelsea, no respect

I don't want or need respect from you
What is this I don't even...

Original post by chigyy
You forgot something...15 goals allowed.

Ah yes, of course. But I feel that ulcer is just a lost cause right now.
jam277
Did you read the whole thing? Arsenal are the only club that has won the league with a -ve net balance. United bought more players and they won the league by those players(which is what 'buying the league' is, nothing different to what we've done) if there is a way to actually 'buy' a league.

He was referring to our chairman controlling our club but that's a totally different situation to 'buying the league.' If we did buy the league then how much did it cost us?

Yes, I did read the whole thing.

Based on your post, it seemed like you were comparing United to Chelsea and City. I find that a little silly, because United's money was acquired over quite a few years because of the success on the pitch. It was not acquired over night.

I have never used the term 'buying the league'. It wasn't likely that any team were going to get close to United's level, without a large amount of investment.

Original post by chelseafreak
and they brought players in to win the league, which is the same as city and Chelsea do but of course people just forget that bit

Of course they had to buy players. You can't survive in this game if you don't buy anybody. My point is, is that they did not acquire a large investment, that took them from a middle table team to the top.
Reply 818
Original post by NathanW18
Yes, I did read the whole thing.

Based on your post, it seemed like you were comparing United to Chelsea and City. I find that a little silly, because United's money was acquired over quite a few years because of the success on the pitch. It was not acquired over night.

I have never used the term 'buying the league'. It wasn't likely that any team were going to get close to United's level, without a large amount of investment.

Of course they had to buy players. You can't survive in this game if you don't buy anybody. My point is, is that they did not acquire a large investment, that took them from a middle table team to the top.

No, I wasn't. He used the term 'buying the league' so I just said why that's not true. I was not comparing them in that sense, I was comparing them in the sense of using the term 'buying the league' that's what I was trying to say.

If it was we had a sugar daddy or whatever I'd have said ok but the term buying the league is nonsense. We didn't bribe officials to win matches, give our players bungs or do a juventus/arsenal to win a league title so we blatantly didn't buy the league.
Reply 819
Eugh. There are 3 things in life that are not worth arguing about.

Religion, Politics, and Football.

If you're not a Chelsea fan, just leave the thread and go talk about your own team.

Latest