The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

I am stuck between these two

Hi all,

I have been lucky enough to get an offer from Newcastle and Exeter for economics- I am not bragging btw. I just genuinely want some help as to which one to pick as my firm choice. Also any pros or cons of each uni and also any personal experiences. They are the same grade offer and also I have never been to either uni. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Reply 1
Original post by NICK-MARSHALL
Hi all,

I have been lucky enough to get an offer from Newcastle and Exeter for economics- I am not bragging btw. I just genuinely want some help as to which one to pick as my firm choice. Also any pros or cons of each uni and also any personal experiences. They are the same grade offer and also I have never been to either uni. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Well done! I got rejected. :tongue:

I'd go for Exeter but you have made the same mistake as I did in not going to your universities!

Also I hear up there, the Geordies know how to have fun, whether it is the right kind of fun really depends...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Exeter
Reply 3
Newcastle.

Edit: If you're going to neg this then at least have the balls to write a post explaining why.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by senz72
Well done! I got rejected. :tongue:

I'd go for Exeter but you have made the same mistake as I did in not going to your universities!

Also I hear up there, the Geordies know how to have fun, whether it is the right kind of fun really depends...

Thanks man :smile: Did you get rejected from both and from Economics? Where did you apply?

They are both soo far :s-smilie: Why Exeter compared to Newcastle except Newcastle know how to have the wrong oops right type of fun :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Film
Exeter

Thanks for the reply :smile: Why Exeter? Any personal experience? Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Emre944
Newcastle.

Thanks for the reply :smile: Why Newcastle? Any personal experience? Thanks
Exeter, it's a beautiful area, lovely university, really friendly people and a decent place/area in general. :yep:
Reply 8
Original post by NICK-MARSHALL
Thanks for the reply :smile: Why Newcastle? Any personal experience? Thanks

I don't have any personal experience but it seemed to have much more friendlier atmosphere and environment. I prefer Newcastle as a big city scene rather than a small town as Exeter. I intend to do a foundation year in September and have offers from both so I looked into both of them even though haven't been to an open day. :smile:
Reply 9
I am at Exeter, and would not want to be anywhere else.

1.Top Ten University.
2. One of the most beautiful campuses. Second year and third year, you are only a 10 minute walk from campus.
3. Even improving in reputation and standing.
4. Safe city
5. One of the best Universities preparing you for work.
6. Great social life.
7. Top 7 in England with the most students with AAB+ and higher.
8. For the 2013 entry, has an increase of 25% in applications. It is a Uni on the rise.
9. A lot of construction done over the past few years, so many of the facilities are modern and state if the art.
10. Beach is only a 20 minute train ride away.
11. Just won an award for best employability dept. in U.K.
12. Always in the top 5 for student satisfaction.
13. Sunday Times 2013 University of the Year. Shortlisted more than any other University in the U.K.
14. 2 nd best University Tennis facilities in England.
15. Top 3 University in Sports participation.

The University simply has everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending