The Student Room Group

Sleeping around if you're a girl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah if I had the time for a relationship I would get into one, I'm just not entirely sure of who I am right now and I dont want to emotionally commit to something I don't feel ready for :s-smilie:

A relationship doesn't have to be heavy and full of commitment in the early days. It can be fun, flirtation, still maintaining your own space, but getting plenty of good sex.. Just my own experience.
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
I'm not calling you a liar.

But, the chances of someone becoming pregnant whilst on the pill AND using a condom are extremely slim. Extremely.

I'd hazard a guess that your cousin either wasn't being regular with the pill, or, more likely, she used the two contraceptions intermittently.

Regardless, with appropriate forethought, casual sex is perfectly safe.

even if she wasnt, she was still using condoms
Reply 102
At uni there's often the temptation to go back to a guy's house after a night out (I go out clubbing a lot and pull guys quite a bit) as you're only a student once and after you graduate you never quite have the same opportunity to "play around," so to speak. Plus you're not single forever and quite a few settle into committed relationships after uni.

Provided you use protection and do stuff safely, and don't go back with guys who seem dodgy/weirdos, what's the actual risk involved in bringing a chap back to yours or vice versa every couple of weeks or even just every now and then? (Obviously there's the social stigma of being a "slut," but I don't approve of that term and I don't mean tons of guys)

You can if you happen to live in a city. Can be done completely anonymously too.
Reply 103
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Go for it.

Bring condoms out with you and be sensible.

You're only young once.

femidoms (she is female, I think)
Yeah if I had the time for a relationship I would get into one, I'm just not entirely sure of who I am right now and I dont want to emotionally commit to something I don't feel ready for :s-smilie:

Not to sound patronising, but if you 'don't know who you are right now' how does sleeping around help you 'find yourself' per say? Genuinely interested.

Also, have you thought about getting into a friends with benefits situation. Then you can get the sex without the relationship. And you'll be able to have more sex compared to the occasional ONS.
Original post by effofex

It makes sense for females to carry normal condoms...
Reply 106
Original post by MasterJomi
Not to sound patronising, but if you 'don't know who you are right now' how does sleeping around help you 'find yourself' per say? Genuinely interested.

Also, have you thought about getting into a friends with benefits situation. Then you can get the sex without the relationship. And you'll be able to have more sex compared to the occasional ONS.

I'm not trying to find myself (I have plenty of hobbies which allow me to do that, which is partly why I don't have time for a bf).

I was considering FWB but I don't know anyone I could ask (there are a few guys I know who genuinely want a relationship with me, but I don't think they'd be interested in something like that and I see them very often so it would be too awkward.)
Original post by effofex

I'm suggesting she gets her prospective partner to wear the condom that she brings.

...I thought that was implied.
I'm not trying to find myself (I have plenty of hobbies which allow me to do that, which is partly why I don't have time for a bf).

I was considering FWB but I don't know anyone I could ask (there are a few guys I know who genuinely want a relationship with me, but I don't think they'd be interested in something like that and I see them very often so it would be too awkward.)

Surely you know if one particular friend has a reputation for promiscuity?
Its the reptilian brain again, acting on momentary impulses and momentary pleasures. It may not seem like it now, but such attitude to life leaves a mental imprint on a person and prevents them developing long term relationships.

To give an analogy to this social situation. Say you love eating fruit cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake and eat it regularly, it is delicious but eventually you will be worse off. For one you will burn a hole in your pocket and two you will have many flabby layers. But a humble diet if not as delicious; is much more beneficial, but as can be seen with the number of overweight people it is harder to quit the cakes once your start to munch on them.

You see "YOLO" or "You are (insert desired category here) once" isn't really a good attitude to have.

Now for the more vulgar of the above:

Oh and self respect wise I believe such people have none. I mean if you are willing to be used by a guy then by all means but don't expect people to respect you for it. Oh and I don't buy the pile of **** that says "But I respect women that's why I plough them".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gray Wolf
Its the reptilian brain again, acting on momentary impulses and momentary pleasures. It may not seem like it now, but such attitude to life leaves a mental imprint on a person and prevents them developing long term relationships.

To give an analogy to this social situation. Say you love eating fruit cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake and eat it regularly, it is delicious but eventually you will be worse off. For one you will burn a hole in your pocket and two you will have many flabby layers. But a humble diet if not as delicious; is much more beneficial, but as can be seen with the number of overweight people it is harder to quit the cakes once your start to munch on them.

You see "YOLO" or "You are (insert desired category here) once" isn't really a good attitude to have.

Oh and self respect wise I believe such people have none. I mean if you are willing to be used by a guy then by all means but don't expect people to respect you for it. Oh and I don't buy the pile of **** that says "But I respect women that's why I plough them".

Your analogy is a bit of a straw man.

1. Sex, obviously depending on the situation, is generally free. You could argue that the money spent on clothes, alcohol, makeup etc. if intended to lure a potential mate is money spent on sex. But that's a fairly weak argument.

2. Sex is an extremely healthy activity, physiologically. There are extensive studies that corroborate this.

Perhaps psychologically it may result in behavioural abnormalities, and this is completely dependent on the ability of the individual to control themselves on a long term basis.

However, IMO it would be 'abnormal' because monogamy is a widely accepted social norm.

With discipline, a capable individual can go from a period of promiscuity to monogamy. And who are any of us to say that the OP is not similarly capable.
Reply 111

Are you religious?
Should probably also mention I'm worried about how future boyfriends might percieve it (have always been honest about my sexual history and dont want a guy to think I used to be a slag haha)

Odds are future boyfriends will have done the same at some point but I do find guys can be picky if you sleep with too many people.

PM me bru we will get you laid son.
Man girls have it easy.
Reply 115
Uhm sleeping around is wrong ! I don't care if "you are young once" it is disgusting behaviour !
Reply 116
Original post by OmggxD
Uhm sleeping around is wrong ! I don't care if "you are young once" it is disgusting behaviour !

Why?
Reply 117
Original post by RachaelBee
Odds are future boyfriends will have done the same at some point but I do find guys can be picky if you sleep with too many people.

Unless all of your conquests have been in the same village, how are they actually all going to know?
Reply 118
Original post by effofex
Unless all of your conquests have been in the same village, how are they actually all going to know?

Won't most guys ask sooner or later how many other guys you've been with? Would feel wrong to lie
Reply 119
Won't most guys ask sooner or later how many other guys you've been with? Would feel wrong to lie

You can just respond with 'no comment' or 'I do not wish to disclose'. Also some people genuinely will not know the exact number. For example, I don't remember the actual exact number of sex workers I visited last year since I didn't keep receipts, but I do have a rough estimate.

Personally I never ask such a question since the info isn't really relevant to me. It's like asking someone how many calories someone has consumed over the previous week. Their business - their life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending