The Student Room Group

how can i prevent my friend from stealing my man ?!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmaq8

no he is not , because i introduced them to each other & i have the right to end it, she's taking what isn't for her, he's ment to be with me.

No you don't, he can do whatever he likes

Original post by emmaq8
how can i , he seems like he is interested more in her, my only chance is if something happens to her,

The only thing you've mentioned him doing is catching her eye and smiling at her. I smile at my boyfriend's friends all the time - it doesn't mean I'm attracted to them!
Reply 21
Why not just try getting him to sleep with you? It may seem a little low/degrading, but if you really like him and want her to back off, that's the way to do it. They say actions speak louder than words, and that's the most emphatic of them all.
Become her wingwoman so she wouldn't get with your romantic interest?
Tell them he has herpes.
Original post by Mockery
You women really need to come up with a 'sis code' (be my guest to think of a better name).

It works wonders for us blokes..

Ho code was my first thought
Took me at least 20 seconds to realise why that wasn't appropriate....
Is something wrong with me...? :s-smilie:
Make it clear to the group how much you like him, because she won't want to be the bad one who steals him from you when the whole group knows you claimed him first :smile:
Reply 26
Lock her in a closet and throw away the key.
Reply 27
First of all, if she knows you're seeing him and she says out loud she's "interested in shagging him", she's not really you're friend (and a bit of a slag tbh).

If you're dating this guy, I assume he is still asking you out and trying to take things further. If he isn't, he isn't interested enough. If he is, keep dating, but tell him that you want to take things further and not get physical until you know you have something real. Speed things along but make sure he knows you're not in it for cheap sex, so you know where he stands too.
Reply 28
Original post by Mockery
You women really need to come up with a 'sis code' (be my guest to think of a better name).

It works wonders for us blokes..

We do have a sisterly code. OPs friend obviously isn't aware of it. It's how we filter out the sluts from our social circle. Even my sister is slowly becoming aware of what has happened...
Reply 29
Wow you might aswell handcuff him and keep him locked away in your room already.
Reply 30
Original post by Lexi99
Wow bit of a psycho thing going on here

do you call me a psycho because a girl is stealing my man, i wonder what's your feeling if your bf cheated on you ? will you walk to the girl & say he's for you you earned it !!

Original post by NinjaNerdfighter
No you don't, he can do whatever he likes

The only thing you've mentioned him doing is catching her eye and smiling at her. I smile at my boyfriend's friends all the time - it doesn't mean I'm attracted to them!

it wasn't just an innocent look, it was a shag me eye contact.

Original post by Millie228
First of all, if she knows you're seeing him and she says out loud she's "interested in shagging him", she's not really you're friend (and a bit of a slag tbh).

If you're dating this guy, I assume he is still asking you out and trying to take things further. If he isn't, he isn't interested enough. If he is, keep dating, but tell him that you want to take things further and not get physical until you know you have something real. Speed things along but make sure he knows you're not in it for cheap sex, so you know where he stands too.

i know, she is a slut now more than ever.

& i just want to let everyone know, my friends told me today that she said hi to him in the uni,
i think it's clear that she wants him but
"it's me & no one else ", & am just going to push her, you'll all hear ab it in the news anytime soon.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by emmaq8
do you call me a psycho because a girl is stealing my man, i wonder what's your feeling if your bf cheated on you ? will you walk to the girl & say he's for you you earned it !!

& i just want to let everyone know, my friends told me today that she said hi to him in the uni,
"it's me & no one else ", & am just going to push her, you'll all hear ab it in the news anytime soon.

If she really is a friend and she knows you are dating him, she shouldn't flirt. That's obvious. But it's really beside the point.

If you and this guy are not exclusive, you have to get to that point first. Dating is the phase where you decide whether to enter a relationship. Until you have had that conversation and agreed not to see other people and come out public as a couple, then he can do whatever he wants, either with a friend or someone else. You cannot shame her from flirting with him or try to keep them away from each other. The only thing that matters is this guy's affection for you. If you have to fight to keep him close, he's not invested enough.
Reply 32
Hump his brains out!
Reply 33
Original post by emmaq8

Well i havent read any updates but when i read at the beginning...

He's not your boyfriend
He's allowed to choose whatever he wants to do and whoever he wants to be with.
You have no right to say what goes and what doesnt
Threatening to kill somebody incase they take your "man" are not the words of a sane person
Original post by emmaq8

Woah - stop the presses. She said hi to someone she knows?

Well thats just awful -why if she asked him "how are you" it means she's married to him dont you know?

Girl you all kinds of bat**** crazy
Guys, it's pretty obvious that the OP is a crazy troll when they're insinuating killing someone because they're stealing her "man".
Original post by emmaq8
we're not officially gf/bf , but i introduced this guy to my close friends & i asked them what do they think about him, they all said he's funny & pretty, but that girl actually said that she'll shag him now if she could, am really intimidated by this opinion, & i really feel insecure when she is around because she is the prettiest of us, & i saw him making eye contact with her then smile .
i know i can't consider this cheating but she actually told me that she had fun & i should arrange another activity this weekend.

i really don't know what to do, one of my friends suggested i should push her on the rails but am a bit mature to do this,but any ideas are appreciated.

Have a good PR. :smile:
Original post by emmaq8
how can i , he seems like he is interested more in her, my only chance is if something happens to her,

well just dress more attractively and show him what he is missing. I mean you are in a tough situation and I really do feel for you.

I mean this might sound harsh but you might have to choose between this certain friend and this guy, would you rather have her friendship or a relationship with him ???

If you want the relationship then you have to tell her that you like him and that its not fair for her to flirt with him like that.

You might also have to have a talk with him and ask him if he is more interested in her

hope everything turns out well for you !!!
Original post by emmaq8

He is not cheating though, you are not official with him so that means he can do what he likes and get with who he likes, yes this sounds harsh but it is the reality, you do not own him or control his life and with your attitude, he will probably choose her anyway, I fail to see how this is her stealing someone when he is not even taken in the first place.
Don't put him on a leash, no one likes to be put on a leash most especially if you don't own them. Such behaviour could lead to you pushing him away towards her probably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending