The Student Room Group

Buying professional massage for boyfriend?

It's his birthday soon, and he told me not to get him anything but of course I have to get him something. He is difficult to buy for, as he has more money than me and generally buys himself anything he really wants.

However, he has mentioned before that he would like to get a professional massage. His job is very physical so he often comes home with aches and pains, and I give massages but obviously a pro could do it better. I've spotted a deep tissue massage at a nice spa that could be a treat.

Is this a good idea? Guys, would you like to receive this as a present?
Reply 1
Original post by kat91s
It's his birthday soon, and he told me not to get him anything but of course I have to get him something. He is difficult to buy for, as he has more money than me and generally buys himself anything he really wants.

However, he has mentioned before that he would like to get a professional massage. His job is very physical so he often comes home with aches and pains, and I give massages but obviously a pro could do it better. I've spotted a deep tissue massage at a nice spa that could be a treat.

Depends on the guy, it is not universally true for every guy, but I'm sure most would appreciate it
Should be fine as long as there is no 'happy ending' in the specification..
Reply 3
Original post by areebmazhar
Should be fine as long as there is no 'happy ending' in the specification..

Hahaha, that's my job. :tongue:
Reply 4
If he's mentioned that he wants one then I can't see a problem. How about going with him and making a day of it, possibly a meal in the evening or something?
Reply 5
I'd like something like that, seems diferent the item presents most people give.
Book a massage for the two of you.
Original post by kat91s
Hahaha, that's my job. :tongue:

Haha I should hope so :P But in answer to your OP, I think it's a wonderful idea, I would love it at least :smile:
Reply 8
Sounds awesome to me - you're a pretty cool girlfriend!
Original post by kat91s

Clearly he's after one of those Thai massages with a happy ending.
Original post by kat91s

I think that's a great idea. My guy does a very physical job too, wearing a lot of heavy gear so his shoulders are always tight and his back has caused problems in the past. I to have helped by giving him massages but to get some one who knows the muscles, can focus on the tricky points and do a better job than I could do would be well worth doing I think. I know my man would enjoy it. But as someone else suggested why don't you go as well? That way you can both spend some time together and enjoy it.
Reply 11
id be more than happy to get one of them... if there was a happy ending involved wouldnt argue with that either ...:colone:
Reply 12
It's a good idea, not because all guys like it, but because he's told you he would like it. I say go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending