The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Mancini, are you listening?

He's too busy getting into the final of the fa cup
Efficient display today. Stoke look so far away from what made them effective all these years. I hope they go down, just as I'm not a fan of smug Pulis.

Excellent play by Jones, firm and and cool in a tight position to start the move leading to penalty.
Reply 2662
Jonesy: the gift that keeps giving :tongue:

He's going to accumulate quite a collection by the time he reaches retirement!

Original post by Akkuz
Jonesy: the gift that keeps giving :tongue:

So in ten years time, it'll be in the hundreds!
(edited 11 years ago)
Mancini, are you listening?

Another example of Uniteds obsession with City.
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
Another example of Uniteds obsession with City.

Because that makes perfect sense...
Because that makes perfect sense...

My bad, kinda phrased it wrongly.

But it does prove that you lot are obsessed with City.

SAF: "Well done son, give me a five!"
RVP: "Come here you!"
SAF: "Oh, s**t!"

Great moment, bet Piers Morgan was puking up at the sight of it.
Original post by Aky786UK
SAF: "Well done son, give me a five!"
RVP: "Come here you!"
SAF: "Oh, s**t!"

Great moment, bet Piers Morgan was puking up at the sight of it.

I love how SAF realised, adjusted and then jumped into it too. Hopefully Robin can end the season with a flurry of goals.
Original post by sr90
Stoke ''fans'' chanting and gesturing about Munich. Classy.

In response to Man. United fans chanting "what the ****ing hell was that" after their applause for the young Stoke fan who died.
Original post by Wilfred Little
In response to Man. United fans chanting "what the ****ing hell was that" after their applause for the young Stoke fan who died.

I wondered what the applause was for, but Tyler mentioned it just at the end of it. It was pre-planned, might have been an idea to put a message on the loud-speakers' system to make both sets of fans aware of it was going to happen. I can't imagine the United fans not joining in had they been aware.
We need 7 Points to win. We have West ham then Aston villa then Arsenal. We can win the title at Arsenal if we win 6 points at West ham and Aston Villa-Only 1 POINT NEEDED IN emirates stadium.

I don't know if that is good or not. Yes, Van persie can prove a point to Arsenal supporters for his choice in coming to utd, but he may not celebrate or relish us winning the title as much at emirates as that would be 'disrespectful' etc.
I wondered what the applause was for, but Tyler mentioned it just at the end of it. It was pre-planned, might have been an idea to put a message on the loud-speakers' system to make both sets of fans aware of it was going to happen. I can't imagine the United fans not joining in had they been aware.

Same thing happened at Villa with the Petrov applause.

I'm not a fan of these tributes, they're embarrassing, so the mocking of it by United fans is justified. The response from Stoke was also justified.
Same thing happened at Villa with the Petrov applause.

I'm not a fan of these tributes, they're embarrassing, so the mocking of it by United fans is justified. The response from Stoke was also justified.

The Petrov one happens at every home game I believe whilst this one was a one-off so again, understandable the away fans chanted what they did as they probably weren't given a heads up.

I don't mind these sorts of tributes for when someone has passed away but in Petrov's case, as nice as the gesture is, it seems abit too much considering he's still battling the disease.
The Petrov one happens at every home game I believe whilst this one was a one-off so again, understandable the away fans chanted what they did as they probably weren't given a heads up.

I don't mind these sorts of tributes for when someone has passed away but in Petrov's case, as nice as the gesture is, it seems abit too much considering he's still battling the disease.

He must feel like a ghost when he's watching the game at home. "I'm not dead!"

I can understand doing it for one game but to do it every game is ridiculously small time. Same for the Stoke fan, tragic he died but if we were to applaud every fan who'd died we'd be stood there all game clapping for 90 minutes. I'm glad the United fans took the piss out of it.

Football turns people into bastards to be honest. All fans are hypocrites as well, we've all chanted something offensive, I know I have. As fans we're getting more and more sensitive as time goes on.

How exactly were the away supporters supposed to know what that was for? Chants about Munich (and Hillsborough, Heysel or any other disaster for that matter) are not ''justified'' under any circumstances.

Millwall fans fighting each other at Wembley, a Newcastle fan punching a horse and now this. Not been a good weekend for football.
Original post by sr90
How exactly were the away supporters supposed to know what that was for? Chants about Munich (and Hillsborough, Heysel or any other disaster for that matter) are not ''justified'' under any circumstances.

They would have known it was for a death, definitely.

As for the chants, they are just sang to wind people up, not really sure why people get so offended by them, it's all very Scouse. Man. United wound Stoke up and Stoke did the same back. Arsed. I know it's like, the cool thing to do to act as if you're horrified when people sing chants like this but that's football for you, that is the reality of going to football matches. What is and isn't acceptable? I'd be willing to bet that the United fans who actually go to games, are not bothered about pathetic Munich chants.

United are no saints themselves, you give it out you've got to take it back (not you personally).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2677
They would have known it was for a death, definitely.

As for the chants, they are just sang to wind people up, not really sure why people get so offended by them, it's all very Scouse. Man. United wound Stoke up and Stoke did the same back. Arsed. I know it's like, the cool thing to do to act as if you're horrified when people sing chants like this but that's football for you, that is the reality of going to football matches. What is and isn't acceptable? I'd be willing to bet that the United fans who actually go to games, are not bothered about pathetic Munich chants.

Because people died?

Honestly pretty much every other sport manages to have fans with at-least some class, football has a lot to learn.
Original post by Idle
Because people died?

Honestly pretty much every other sport manages to have fans with at-least some class, football has a lot to learn.

So Munich chants are unacceptable but singing about Adebayor's mum being a whore or Wenger being a paedophile isn't? What about singing No Woman No Kai at Rooney? Where is the line?

They should all be taken with a pinch of salt.
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
We need 7 Points to win. We have West ham then Aston villa then Arsenal. We can win the title at Arsenal if we win 6 points at West ham and Aston Villa-Only 1 POINT NEEDED IN emirates stadium.

I don't know if that is good or not. Yes, Van persie can prove a point to Arsenal supporters for his choice in coming to utd, but he may not celebrate or relish us winning the title as much at emirates as that would be 'disrespectful' etc.

Who cares about that. If I was RVP I'd run onto the pitch. Giggs and scholes should play in that match as subs when you're winning too so they can get revenge on sylvain wiltord.

Latest