The Student Room Group

Isn't life boring?

I mean, you do all this education stuff for about 20ish years, then you spend the rest of your life working all day 5 days a week with just 20ish days holiday, then you retire and by that time you're too old to do fun stuff.

Maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn, I need some hobbies. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really want a custard cream.
Reply 2
No you're boring
Reply 3
I really want a la Ferrari..................

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want a Werther's Original now...
Reply 5
Original post by Elm Tree
No you're boring

I know that.
It doesn't have to be like that.
Reply 7
Original post by Livingstone
It doesn't have to be like that.

But it generally is
Reply 8
Or you could try and make millions by the age of 23 and run around like a head less chicken :tongue:.
That's my plan anyway :biggrin:
That's why it's so important to get a career you love - your work will be your life.
Original post by bahjat93
Or you could try and make millions by the age of 23 and run around like a head less chicken :tongue:.
That's my plan anyway :biggrin:

That was actually my exact plan. But now I am about to do an accountant training scheme, so I won't be able to get there by 23. I'll still be aiming for it though.
When i was 20 my life was boring

when i was 30 my life is boring and ****ty

I long back to the boring days

But umm,, u ever concidered starting to live low budget, and then work 30 houres instead of 40?? That means 1 extra free day a week !!!!!
Reply 12
Original post by Runninground
That was actually my exact plan. But now I am about to do an accountant training scheme, so I won't be able to get there by 23. I'll still be aiming for it though.

Great mind think alike :wink:.

Look into betting mate, you know what they say! Get rich quick or go bankrupt in the process :biggrin:
Humans. :rolleyes:
I get bored very easily-however I think I get more bored doing boring things, than doing nothing. I'm lucky enough that my part time job pays as well as most fulltime jobs, so I only work 20 hours ish a week. But yes, this means my days are my own. I sometimes think time can drag but when I compare that to the thought of being in a boring job and having to get up every morning and go somewhere that I probably don't want to be-and how tiring that is, I think my life wins!
I agree though-life can be boring!
I make sure I go for a run every day, try to go to different places to do that, I visit family a lot, I do a lot of research which keeps me amused, but I feel I always need a 'project' lol something always needs to be in the background-like for instance at the moment I'm helping someone do up a run-down house.Another danger of not working 40 hours a week is-you have more time so you can be in danger of spending more money beause you have the time to do things!
I've considered working more ,recently just because the extra £ would be handy and I would have more structure in my week-but then I like being able to do what I want a little too much sometimes.
Reply 15
Nope not boring at all. I have a real buzz for life at the minute. I enjoy waking up and going into uni, meeting the people i know, meeting new people. I go riding on my mountain bike every saturday with my other mates which is a real adrenaline thrill and workout, then on nights i study and play xbox (mainly for the voice chat to talk to people i dont see regularly).

Get some hobbies.
Original post by james1211
Nope not boring at all. I have a real buzz for life at the minute. I enjoy waking up and going into uni, meeting the people i know, meeting new people. I go riding on my mountain bike every saturday with my other mates which is a real adrenaline thrill and workout, then on nights i study and play xbox (mainly for the voice chat to talk to people i dont see regularly).

Get some hobbies.

if I could see you right now, I would hug you. YOUR THE MAN!
Reply 17
Original post by sugarmouse
I get bored very easily-however I think I get more bored doing boring things, than doing nothing. I'm lucky enough that my part time job pays as well as most fulltime jobs, so I only work 20 hours ish a week.

What job is this if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 18
Life boring?. Life is far too short to be boring :eek:
Reply 19
Original post by Cinnie
I really want a custard cream.

Custard creams are nothing in comparison to chocolate bourbons.

Quick Reply

Latest