The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by civilstudent
cause im getting old, still not found a man and am wondering if all the training and being toned will benefit me in terms of getting a man. Im heading for 30 though.

Looking back, do you regret slooting it up in your early years?
Depends on lifestyle.

Kate Beckinsale is 39, Susanna Reid is 42 and Nigella Lawson is 53! :eek: Says it all, doesn't it?
The peak for most ladies is probably 18-25 so they don't get much more after that.

But of course women of all ages can be beautiful! :wink:
Late 20's to early 30's.
Reply 24
Depends on the person, but if you are the same age then your view may be different.
Reply 25
Original post by Ultimate1
In general, around 25.

Some even as quick as 20, some even as late as 40. The sad thing is that if most women actually work out, don't drink the ridiculous amounts of alcohol many do and didn't wear a lot of make up they could prolong their decline by many years.

Men however usually gain more masculine features as they age. Well I guess it's usually an advantage that traditional masculine features are more akin with aging features [Not too much, just a little].

Aristotle himself said a 37 year old man should marry a 22 year old woman so they both go through their sexual decline together.

What's the link between wearing make up and ageing?
Reply 26
It various due to life style, genetics, if they make an effort with their make up/hair/clothes etc. There's women in their 50s who look more attractive than some girls in their late teens/early 20s.
Looking back, do you regret slooting it up in your early years?

slooting.. does this mean slutty.. Ive never been slutty, the total opposite lol. If anything I regret never messing about with guys because now ive no 'experience' as they say.
Reply 28
Original post by metric

Not necessarily age but if you think make up has no harmful effect on your face then you are clearly delusional.
Reply 29
Original post by metric

Some people believe wearing too much make up dries out the skin thus making it age quicker.
Reply 30
slooting.. does this mean slutty.. Ive never been slutty, the total opposite lol. If anything I regret never messing about with guys because now ive no 'experience' as they say.

Then WTF have been you doing to potentially avoid the current situation where you are now desperately searching for a man? :confused:

And yes working out will definitely help you. You should start lifting weights as well.
In general, around 25.

Some even as quick as 20, some even as late as 40. The sad thing is that if most women actually work out, don't drink the ridiculous amounts of alcohol many do and didn't wear a lot of make up they could prolong their decline by many years.

Men however usually gain more masculine features as they age. Well I guess it's usually an advantage that traditional masculine features are more akin with aging features [Not too much, just a little].

Aristotle himself said a 37 year old man should marry a 22 year old woman so they both go through their sexual decline together.

Thats only a minority of men the hot ones shown on films etc. You could say that females go through the similar stages from awkward girly teenage look to the sexy woman look.
Reply 32
I don't wear makeup unless its a special occasion or unless I'm going out - even then it's minimal.
And yet despite the fact I'm almost 22 I've still the features of a 16-18 year old. I still get ID'd for lottery tickets!
My mum however is 42 and people assume she's in her late 20's mid 30's max. Guess were just lucky lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Thats only a minority of men the hot ones shown on films etc. You could say that females go through the similar stages from awkward girly teenage look to the sexy woman look.

No men generally don't age as bad as women. Besides the thing men have on their side is that looks is certainly no the make or break factor in most cases. It's pretty accurate if you look around. Men also peak at a much later age than women.
Then WTF have been you doing to potentially avoid the current situation where you are now desperately searching for a man? :confused:

And yes working out will definitely help you. You should start lifting weights as well.

Ive not been doing anything as I enjoy my own company, in fact I do everything on my own even with friends etc Ive only ever had the odd friend or two. Im bored though now i want a change though im the quietest person you could meet so its hard.

It just so happens that most people seem to need company/mates/sex more than me so it makes me look backward lol.
Reply 35
Scientifically speaking, the age in which all women experience significant aging (a drop in metabolism, decrease in skin quality, drop in estrogen), is 35. Some women look far worse after 30, some look great, but all women will experience a significant difference after 35. Women's attractiveness is (naturally) related to their fertility and the first drop in fertility is minor and happens at 28, the second is a major drop and happens at 35.
Of course women may very well be attractive after that age, but it will be in a different way.

I think biologically women will be at their most attractive around 18-19. But female attractiveness is a LOT down to effort, and a lot of women don't know how to best maintain their diet/exercise routine, do their hair, makeup and clothing at that age. Among the women who learn, their peak will usually be around 25.
Reply 36

Why do some people assume any woman who is unmarried in her late 20s is so because she's a former "slut"? I'm a similar age to the OP and like her I'm quite far from being one.
Original post by Am I Really Here
Beauty: 18-27
Sex Appeal: 30-40

Original post by eliza.anne
What about the years between 27 and 30? :K:

What is the meaning of life?
What about the years between 27 and 30?

Well .. i guess some questions are better left for each individual to decide
75>
Reply 39
Original post by gemmam
Why do some people assume any woman who is unmarried in her late 20s is so because she's a former "slut"? I'm a similar age to the OP and like her I'm quite far from being one.

Maybe because in most cases if a woman in as at 'advanced' age and she is struggling to find a partner despite drsperately wanting one then most likely reason is that she used to be a slut.

It is what it is unfortunately.

Latest

Trending

Trending