The Student Room Group

fav alevel subject, why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by srhc24
ah my bad, what are you thinking of applying to then? :smile:
yeah, it'll give me something to do as well ;D
I firmed Durham and Leicester as insurance, but I don't really want to go there XD

At the moment Economics :smile:
If I have free time over the holidays I could always give you a hand with M2 :wink:
Oo nice! Make sure you meet the firm offer then :tongue:, what are they asking for? :beard:
Original post by srhc24
hahha :wink: I don't think anyone doing further maths could be thought of as a retard at any point though XD

Tbf I don't do much work and I talk too much in class so I think that's why they thought I was stupid XD And also I stare blankly at the board for the whole lesson even when I understand what I'm doing :tongue:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Ah fair enough, I forget about Stats. Don't worry about Chemistry; you've got your offer that's what matters :smile:, although why go on to study Biology when you can go on to do Maths? :tongue: You seem great at it :redface:

Thanks, I'll look over it after I finish Proof by Induction :biggrin:

I guess it's because I can say that biology captivates me; I can't quite say the same for maths, even though I DO enjoy it! I'm not one of those people who are naturally good at maths, I'm really poor at mental arithmetic and I have to work harder than the other people in my class to get the same grade. I don't think I could keep it up at uni! However, at Southampton (my firm and insurance) I am allowed to choose a few modules from other departments so I can take some maths modules :biggrin:
Reply 143
At the moment Economics :smile:
If I have free time over the holidays I could always give you a hand with M2 :wink:
Oo nice! Make sure you meet the firm offer then :tongue:, what are they asking for? :beard:

I have a friend that does economics and she talks about loads of stuff I don't understand so I just nod :wink:
they're asking for A*AA, my teachers seem to think it's manageable just need to convince myself ;D haha
Reply 144
Original post by Anime Lover
Tbf I don't do much work and I talk too much in class so I think that's why they thought I was stupid XD And also I stare blankly at the board for the whole lesson even when I understand what I'm doing :tongue:

haha I'm like the opposite to you :wink: my teachers are always telling me to be louder XD
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I guess it's because I can say that biology captivates me; I can't quite say the same for maths, even though I DO enjoy it! I'm not one of those people who are naturally good at maths, I'm really poor at mental arithmetic and I have to work harder than the other people in my class to get the same grade. I don't think I could keep it up at uni! However, at Southampton (my firm and insurance) I am allowed to choose a few modules from other departments so I can take some maths modules :biggrin:

Ahh fair enough I guess plants and animals are your thing :wink:, taking extra maths modules is the way forward :sexface: although it'll probably be Stats Stats Stats for you :eviltongue:. Even though you have to work harder you're still gonna get an A* in Maths, maybe even FM with a little push so you're sorted :smile:.

How can you firm and insure the same place? :redface: Isn't that risky, cos they offer the same conditions, what if you miss it?
Original post by srhc24
I have a friend that does economics and she talks about loads of stuff I don't understand so I just nod :wink:
they're asking for A*AA, my teachers seem to think it's manageable just need to convince myself ;D haha

Econ isn't that complicated :wink:
That's doable :smile:, what's the A* most likely to be in? :ahee:
Original post by srhc24
haha I'm like the opposite to you :wink: my teachers are always telling me to be louder XD

I'm really introverted in my other classes but my nerdiness really comes out in maths, the excitement takes over and I can't hide my enthusiasm :tongue: It's quite sad that maths is the highlight of my life :')
Ahh fair enough I guess plants and animals are your thing :wink:, taking extra maths modules is the way forward :sexface: although it'll probably be Stats Stats Stats for you :eviltongue:. Even though you have to work harder you're still gonna get an A* in Maths, maybe even FM with a little push so you're sorted :smile:.

How can you firm and insure the same place? :redface: Isn't that risky, cos they offer the same conditions, what if you miss it?

Yeah, stats isn't really all that thrilling :frown: I really really hope I can get the A* in maths, I only need 22 UMS for my A though so at least that's definitely achievable! :redface:

My firm is MSci Marine Biology AAB and my insurance is BSc Marine Biology with Oceanography ABB :smile:
Physics because awesomeness. Just wish we'd do more on relativity or quantum :moon:
Reply 150
I'm really introverted in my other classes but my nerdiness really comes out in maths, the excitement takes over and I can't hide my enthusiasm :tongue: It's quite sad that maths is the highlight of my life :')

Kingdom hearts and maths? where are girls like you in the world :wink:
Reply 151
Econ isn't that complicated :wink:
That's doable :smile:, what's the A* most likely to be in? :ahee:

it is to me :wink:
well I'm aiming to get A* in maths and physics, so if one goes wrong I have a back up :P at the moment physics is looking most likely cause I only need to get a C in the last exam apparently..:s-smilie:
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Yeah, stats isn't really all that thrilling :frown: I really really hope I can get the A* in maths, I only need 22 UMS for my A though so at least that's definitely achievable! :redface:

My firm is MSci Marine Biology AAB and my insurance is BSc Marine Biology with Oceanography ABB :smile:

Yh go for Mechanics! :awesome: Trust me 83 in C4 is easily doable if you've got the capacity to get 97 in C3! :eek: Might need to tutor me next year :wink: haha. Either way you've obviously secured your firm since you've got an A in Geog already :smile:, so it's not like you need an insurance :tongue:

Alright enjoy studying about the ocean! :biggrin:
Reply 153
Film Studies is my favourite, coursework is fun although the 2hour 45min exam is a bit daunting, although you can ramble on and still get a good grade.

Maths is my least favourite, I'M FAILING AND IT'S TOO HARD AHHH
I wouldn't say I have a fave but most tolerable is probably english lit, okay you have to write tons but you basically get marks for being "insightful" basically means write a bunch of crap you know the author doesn't care bout and BAM! A great mark =D
Reply 155

hahah! I don't think it's sad, I find it sad that there are people who don't like maths :P
Original post by srhc24
it is to me :wink:
well I'm aiming to get A* in maths and physics, so if one goes wrong I have a back up :P at the moment physics is looking most likely cause I only need to get a C in the last exam apparently..:s-smilie:

I can UN-complicate it for you :wink:
Great thinking! Wow only a C for A* :eek: dude what are you ums? That's damn impressive :yep:
Reply 157
I can UN-complicate it for you :wink:
Great thinking! Wow only a C for A* :eek: dude what are you ums? That's damn impressive :yep:

haha probably not, I'm quite dumb when it comes to things like that ;D
well, in the Jan exam I got full UMS, which I really don't understand cause I only got 52/60 in the exam XD and so I guess that means my score in the next exam can be lower? :P
Original post by srhc24
haha probably not, I'm quite dumb when it comes to things like that ;D
well, in the Jan exam I got full UMS, which I really don't understand cause I only got 52/60 in the exam XD and so I guess that means my score in the next exam can be lower? :P

Well you see you don't need full marks to get full ums :wink:, yh I get it now you've given yourself some leeway :wizard: Well done on your full ums! :woo:
I missed full UMS in Physics this Jan by two marks! xD, got any tips on getting full ums in Physics for rookies like me? :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by wrexhamfc
Physics because awesomeness. Just wish we'd do more on relativity or quantum :moon:

There is a very good reason why it isn't there (and why there isn't any quantum)... trust me on this one :P

My fave was further maths.

Quick Reply

Latest