The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Moberly House Accommodation?

Hi,

I was just about to apply for my accommodation, but I then realised that another catered residence had been recently added called Moberly House. It says it's reopening this year because of the large amount of applications and it's very cheap; I think it was about £4300 for a catered, single room. It's near the Duryard accommodation, but you eat at Birks Grange village.
Does anyone know anything about Moberly? It's not directly on campus, but is it a good area to be? Any info appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
It's only just along from Birks; not far away at all. In terms of how it looks, it's quite - well, let's be charitable, and call it plain! but in spite of that (or maybe because of it) it tends to be pretty friendly; everyone gets to know everyone and seems to have fun.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Persipan
It's only just along from Birks; not far away at all. In terms of how it looks, it's quite - well, let's be charitable, and call it plain! but in spite of that (or maybe because of it) it tends to be pretty friendly; everyone gets to know everyone and seems to have fun.

Would you recommend it over lafrowda standard?
Reply 3
Original post by pricey26
Would you recommend it over lafrowda standard?

Depends. Lafrowda standard is a bit prettier to look at 'cos it's been refurbished, whereas Moberly isn't because it hasn't (but Moberly still has all the things in it you need; just not tasteful built-in ones).

The main question, really, though, is would you rather live in catered or self-catered? That'll tell you which would be the better option for you.

Quick Reply