The Student Room Group

Side shave for girls

What do you guys think about the hairstyle? I've been thinking about it but my mom would probably disown me afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It looks good on some girls. You need the right bone/face structure for it though.
Reply 2
Personally? I hate it. 2 friends did it and instantly regretted it, took ages to grow back too. I wouldn't do it myself but if its something you're set on then nobody can stop you. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
looks horrible , and soooo very very eighties
Reply 4
Original post by Jingers
It looks good on some girls. You need the right bone/face structure for it though.

I have a really angular face so i think i can pull it off. Did the v short haircut last yr. thinking about something else this year. Probably having a haircut after exams. Or maybe once i get into uni so my parents just can't say anything. ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by eliza.anne
Personally? I hate it. 2 friends did it and instantly regretted it, took ages to grow back too. I wouldn't do it myself but if its something you're set on then nobody can stop you. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long does it take to grow back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like it, think it looks sexy.

Go for it.
Reply 7
Original post by Wilfred Little
I like it, think it looks sexy.

Go for it.

Most probably would. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
How long does it take to grow back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my friends had a super short pixi cut so not too long, a few months. The other friend had her hair below her shoulder so it took about a year to catch up. How long is your hair now? If its above shoulder it would probably just take a few months. My hair is down to my butt so it would take a while for a shaved side to grow for me. :lol:
If the girl has the right look, it can look really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jingers

I second this.

USING THE TSR APP
Original post by eliza.anne
One of my friends had a super short pixi cut so not too long, a few months. The other friend had her hair below her shoulder so it took about a year to catch up. How long is your hair now? If its above shoulder it would probably just take a few months. My hair is down to my butt so it would take a while for a shaved side to grow for me. :lol:

Mine's just about my shoulder. Had the super short haircut last yr. Most probably wont be cutting it short with the shave. Wow, your hair is super long. I never keep my hair for more than a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
personally i think it makes them looklike lesbians but hey hopersonal prefference etc.
Reply 13
What do you guys think about the hairstyle? I've been thinking about it but my mom would probably disown me afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think on the right person, It can look beautiful:
http://youtu.be/_QB-GYbxbqk
See 3:45 for the end result.

and

Spoiler

I have shaved a 2-3 inch area on the side of my head, which is hidden by the rest of my hair most of the time, but it was so fun and liberating to do. Perhaps do that first?
Original post by Thorax
I think on the right person, It can look beautiful:
http://youtu.be/_QB-GYbxbqk
See 3:45 for the end result.

and

Spoiler

I have shaved a 2-3 inch area on the side of my head, which is hidden by the rest of my hair most of the time, but it was so fun and liberating to do. Perhaps do that first?

Heyy! I find cutting my hair liberating too! Yeap. I'll do that first i guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cl_steele
personally i think it makes them looklike lesbians but hey hopersonal prefference etc.

When i got my hair cut the other day, i think my dad has the same thought. Does it bother guys that girls have short hair or just sth not typically long..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Really, really don't like it.
But if it's your thing OP then go for it!
Just think it looks chavvy...
Reply 17
When i got my hair cut the other day, i think my dad has the same thought. Does it bother guys that girls have short hair or just sth not typically long..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Itll bother some guys but others will like it, after all everyone has their own tastes :smile:
Reply 18
Personally think it looks a bit trashy, well kept, thick, shiny hair tends to look much nicer :smile:
Also it takes ages to grow out, and it looks ridiculous when it's no longer completely short and isn't as long as thhe rest of it :/
Reply 19
Definitely not for me.

Quick Reply

Latest