The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blutooth
I got 133, but hey ho. Is my IQ that high, probably not :P

Weird I got 132, how can a test with only 15 questions distinguish between a score of 132 and 133?
Original post by yaboy
Listen I got 210 IQ and no one is ever gonna take that away from me...

Again, that is meaningless. There is no existing average for you to be able to make that statement accurately. Frankly, it's nonsense. All of the estimated historic IQ of men of the past are simply projections, if you will - i.e. to show that some past geniuses had an even higher IQ than high IQs; but really, there is not enough data to go beyond 162.

But, sure, you can go on believing what you want. :smile:

Original post by justanotherposter
Weird I got 132, how can a test with only 15 questions distinguish between a score of 132 and 133?

They can't. Online IQ tests are not recognised and are probably highly inaccurate. In actuality, they don't tell you much. If you want to take an actual official and recognised IQ test, go and see a psychologist or visit a Mensa centre. If you're at uni, you can take an IQ test under the supervision of a uni psychologist or a psychologist from your uni psychology department.

In short, online IQ tests are bogus.
Reply 62
Well, if you had a high level of IQ you wouldn't even need to be taking such tests :mmm:
Reply 63
Where were you tested? I could say I took a test (and I did), and got 135, but what does that prove? :tongue:
Original post by hskjlclcn
I have the ability to make one tasty jacket potato, do you see me making a thread about it.
.. Actually!

No, but if you did, I'd point out that I have the ability to make two tasty jacket potatoes, which puts me in the top 0.01% of tasty jacket potato makers *smug grin*
I got 9% (from the top). That's how IQ scores are presented. I sat a proper Mensa test a few months ago.
(edited 11 years ago)
Then maybe you can think of creative and inventive ways to go **** yourself.
Original post by HumanSupremacist
That would have instantly told me that you were lying anyway. This is because the ceiling for the Mensa test (i.e. the highest being the Cattell III B) is "161". Hence, someone saying they have an IQ of 170 or 200 is saying something meaningless due to insufficient averages and whatnot. The Cattell III B has a ceiling of 161. Trust me, I would know. :u:

Loool. Ok dude.
Original post by TheGuy117
So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157 :biggrin:

Go back to troll school, you suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. It is very good. The maximum ceiling of a Mensa test (i.e. the Cattell III B Test) is 161. Is that the test you did?
The ceiling for Mensa tests is 162
Online IQ tests are not recognised and are on the whole inaccurate.

The ones I've done go higher than 162. They were in books by Hans Eysenck
Original post by Pastaferian
The ones I've done go higher than 162. They were in books by Hans Eysenck

I'm afraid they will not be recognised. Did you do them under supervision of a psychologist or at a test centre? They would need to be the official and recognized tests - and the official highest for Mensa is the Cattell III B test which has a ceiling of 161 (if you get the highest). Any other unofficial, semi-serious test that purports to "go higher" is inaccurate as there aren't enough averages and whatnot to account for that.
Original post by TheGuy117
So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157 :biggrin:

Yet you made a thread saying "I don't understand banking, help please."

USING THE TSR APP
Original post by Olympiad

USING THE TSR APP

Don't be mean. He figured out how to do a posting on TSR, didn't he?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Don't be mean. He figured out how to do a posting on TSR, didn't he?

True say, that is a real achievement.
Apologies to the OP,
Sorry.

USING THE TSR APP
I'm afraid they will not be recognised. Did you do them under supervision of a psychologist or at a test centre? They would need to be the official and recognized tests - and the official highest for Mensa is the Cattell III B test which has a ceiling of 161 (if you get the highest). Any other unofficial, semi-serious test that purports to "go higher" is inaccurate as there aren't enough averages and whatnot to account for that.

I'm not interested in doing IQ tests which are 'official' or 'recognised' - I just went through Eysenck's books as a mental exercise in the run-up to my UKCAT exam. However, I'm still curious about my scores, as the scale went over 162. Eysenck was also a respected figure in IQ testing (and in more serious academic fields), he did a lot of work with Cattell, and his works are (allegedly) recommended by Mensa to anyone wishing to practice for their entrance exam. I'm wondering if the Cattell tests and the Eysenck tests use different scales, and if there is a mapping between the two? Or are you saying that all scores in 'official' tests are capped at 161 because any higher score would be unreliable?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by yoitsro
cool story bro
needs more dragons

sorry?
Original post by ilickbatteries
Woah, wait a minute. So you're telling me in real life I won't need to look at some patterns and work out which one (logically) comes next? Daaaamn.

Nope :wink:

As long as you're good at licking batteries you should breeze through life with ease
Reply 77
If you had an IQ of 157, you wouldn't post it on here to show off.
Reply 78
Original post by Olympiad

USING THE TSR APP

Just because I have an insanely high IQ doesn't mean I know everything there is to know -_-.
Reply 79
trolls-einstein1[1].png

Latest