The Student Room Group

A girl gave me a hug. What could this possibly mean?!

So basically I was talking to a girl I like in Uni for the first time. We chatted for a good 10 or so minutes and then she had to leave and came up to me and gave me a full hug.

I was like :yikes:

What could this possibly mean? Could she like me? All girls I talk to (except my actual friends which are girls) never hug me, especially after our first chat.

Also, girls, would you hug a dude you talked to for the first time?

Scroll to see replies

Clearly she wants the D.
It means she is ready, here is what you need to text her
"Spread them, I'll be there in 10 mins"
Then that is how you get laid!
Reply 3
Check your back pockets?
Reply 4
Original post by NormalGuy
So basically I was talking to a girl I like in Uni for the first time. We chatted for a good 10 or so minutes and then she had to leave and came up to me and gave me a full hug.

What could this possibly mean? Could she like me? All girls I talk to never hug me, especially after our first chat.

Which raises the question, what the hell do you say :l
Reply 5
Friend zoned.
Reply 6
She was just saying bye. Trust me lol

What could this possibly mean? Could she like me? All girls I talk to (except my actual friends which are girls) never hug me, especially after our first chat.

She probably just likes hugging people, a girl I barely know did this to me today. Not unless she's into me :colone: no in all seriousness she is probably just over friendly and doesn't see hugs as something that would let people know she likes them. I hug people I just met all the time I just like being near people haha. If you're at uni and she likes you I think she'd be a bit more obvious than a hug.

She wants the D, that's the only explanation.

Back in the real world, it's kinda normal to hug your friends. Stop getting overexcited
Reply 9

It means absolutely nothing.

Get her number, ask her out, go for a kiss at some point. See how she reacts to those, they will give you a more accurate estimate of 'whether she's into you'.
Reply 10
Ahh you must be adorable as a bear.

That or friend-zoned:colondollar:.
Reply 11
She thinks your gay.
Reply 12
Original post by yaboy
She thinks your gay.

Or she might genuinely have friendlier rule for personal space. Use that.

More importantly what did she talk about? And did the eye contact seem genuine / did she smile / touch her hair frequently?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by pig8
Or she might genuinely have friendlier rule for personal space. Use that.

More importantly what did she talk about? And did the eye contact seem genuine / did she smile / touch her hair frequently?

Or she thinks shes just made a new Gay Best Friend...
Reply 14
Original post by yaboy
Or she thinks shes just made a new Gay Best Friend...

Unfortunately if there is no number, no kiss or no shag, it must be opportunity wasted? not being a prick just being critical.

Ahh short-termism.
Reply 15
She likes hugging? :dontknow:
Reply 16
Original post by PoGo HoPz
She likes hugging? :dontknow:

Definitely don't read too much into it.
Reply 17
Has she got daddy issues?
Reply 18
Original post by pig8
Ahh you must be adorable as a bear.

yes indeed
Some girls are overfriendly and they like hugging the friends or may be the ones with whom they enjoy talking so its normal don't overact on it its compeltely normal. Wait and see if she goes beyond that for the next time may be she may not ask her out exchange nos and try to kiss as one of our mate said and see how she reacts on it it will give you more precise and desired output for your query..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending