The Student Room Group

Would like to go to Uni but not sure if I can...

To be brief, I'm 21 and I've dropped out of college and 6th form because it bored the hell out of me as there wasn't a course that I was overly interested in. I have alright GCSEs (could've been better but I didn't put any effort in).
I've always been interested in computers and fitness but wanted to keep my fitness related activities as a hobby. Now I want to pursue a career in Health and Fitness.

I started working full time in a store, during this time I saved up money to pay for a Fitness Instructing course. I completed that and have gone back to college (been there for about a month and a half) to do the level 3 in Personal Training.

I was wondering whether I would be able to go to University to do a sport and exercise degree because I believe it would be good to do and would also benefit me in the long run.

Also, I've heard you can be accepted onto a course depending on experience and ambition. Would anyone know whether I would be able to go to University next year?

Thank you,

Liam.
Reply 1
Original post by LiamMans

Would anyone know whether I would be able to go to University next year?

No one can guarantee you a place here. You will never know unless you try.
Reply 2
If you can't go straight into a course most uni's do access courses which allow you to do a year extra study to give you the qualifications to try and get on the original course you wanted to go for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, first of all you need to look at universities which offer sports and exercise degrees, and look at their admissions criteria. Personally I don't know if they want A Levels or if a level 3 would be good enough. I just have no idea. And unless a person who studying such a degree sees this thread, you won't find out unless you do your own research first

And as the above poster said, some courses might offer an access year. So it is worth looking into this too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending