The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA A

Hey guys
mad you know the exam is next month
i haven't had much help with question 1
contextual linking - where we discuss the writers thoughts and feelings.

anyone got any tips?
or structure ideas? Anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry bad spelling- phones playing up.
Reply 2
Poetry exam? On character and voice perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Fransiconicol
Hey guys
mad you know the exam is next month
i haven't had much help with question 1
contextual linking - where we discuss the writers thoughts and feelings.

anyone got any tips?
or structure ideas? Anything!

Hi :smile: I did my A2 AQA exam in January so am happy to help. But do you mean AS or A2? It makes a difference to my answer xD
Reply 4
Original post by Kalliope
Hi :smile: I did my A2 AQA exam in January so am happy to help. But do you mean AS or A2? It makes a difference to my answer xD

Heya, AS
the answering the context question about thoughts and feelings, i just cant get my head around it.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Sorry to hijack but I am about to do the a2 exam. Any hints or tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Denver2010
Sorry to hijack but I am about to do the a2 exam. Any hints or tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha dude it's ccool don't suppose while your here you could give some advice on the as exam for the texts in context one?
Reply 7
I got full marks in the as exam. When mentioning context I put a few lines explaining what the Victorian views were on women - as it was a text on women - and how the text expressed or opposed common views.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I got full marks in the as exam. When mentioning context I put a few lines explaining what the Victorian views were on women - as it was a text on women - and how the text expressed or opposed common views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoa
well done! That's ace!

do you have any sample answers you done? If so, can I have a look?
Reply 9
I'll pm you later with one. As well as my exan technique. Thank you :colondollar:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'll pm you later with one. As well as my exan technique. Thank you :colondollar:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be amazing xxx
Reply 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I don't want to be a pest but would I be able to have a copy swell plz :colondollar: thanks, really worrying about exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, not to quite literally be the third person to ask but i would also like some of your notes if possible please, ive got the AS AQA English Language & Literature Exam on the 17th May, so any help with the Anthology Notes or anything you have handy would be very appreciated as i need a better structure for comparison, we have an unseen texts comparison for 32 marks and then seen text comparisons from our anthology for 64 marks, could do with a hand :smile:
I will be posting my exam technique later but it is for lita1 not lit and Lang sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I will be posting my exam technique later but it is for lita1 not lit and Lang sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you ^^
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 16
Does anyone know if you can use novels/dramas outside of the wider reading list? Ive read a few from Elizabeth Gaskell other than Mary Barton so would I be able to use them even though they aren't on wider reading list? Thanks
Hi all,

Sorry it took so long, was trying to find the original thread I had posted this on. My exam technique is described in this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40080696#post40080696

God luck everyone!
Original post by wilsonab
Does anyone know if you can use novels/dramas outside of the wider reading list? Ive read a few from Elizabeth Gaskell other than Mary Barton so would I be able to use them even though they aren't on wider reading list? Thanks

Yes, as long as it is Victorian Literature it doesn't matter. The wider reading lists are purely for guidance.
Reply 19
Yes, as long as it is Victorian Literature it doesn't matter. The wider reading lists are purely for guidance.

That's good :smile: How is everyone organising there wider reading? 1 of each (prose,drama,poetry) for every topic (women,progress,class,evolving attitudes) or just a random mixture if that makes sense lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending