The Student Room Group

I'v gained 6 pounds over Easter, how can I get rid of this quickly before uni?

I have gained 6 pounds over the Easter holidays due to just eating lots of chocolate and pepsi. I'm going back to uni on Saturday and I feel my face is so much fatter and my confidence is at a low. How much weight can I lose before I go back - is it possible to get rid of say 4 pounds? HELP

Scroll to see replies

If you start eating healthily again you will find that you will drop a few pounds quickly, as much of it will be water retention. You won't be able to lose 4 pounds of fat by Saturday. Just get back into good habits, and lose it slowly.
Reply 2
I don't think you can lose 4 lbs by Saturday. How much you can lose depends on your metabolism and starting weight as well. Just cut down on your calories and exercise. But you probably need another couple of weeks to lose it all.
Reply 3
for a quick fix, try a detox diet. i know they are controversial, but its only for 2 days.
the one i use - day 1 eat only fruit, so like an orange for breakfast and then fruit salad for dinner and lunch (with a small amount of honey and yoghurt). then the second day eat fruit for breakfast then only salad for lunch and dinner with 50g of cheese and 50g of chicken breast. drink hot lemon water as soon as you get up, and then only water for the rest of the time. i think green tea is recommended too.
WARNING it makes you grumpy as hell! lol. i found i got headaches from not having caffeine, so i had a cup of coffee for breakfast too :smile:
basically you dont eat anything, and its supposed to detox your system. you could probably loose a couple of pounds from this, but itll be mostly water weight - then again that is good as it reduces bloating.
after that, reduce refined carbs an sugar and salt, and drink lots of water and green tea. and exercise!
i expect negs for this, but as i said - the detox is only for 2 days. do not do it for longer! its only a quick fix. y
Drink loads of water and green tea, do a lot of exercise (maybe spinning at a gym class?) and cut out any junk food. Not sure of it'll work as quickly as you want it to but maybe try changing your intake dramatically each day, so on day 1 have a net intake of 500, day 2 have 900, day 3 have 1600 and day 4 have 400. Not necessarily those figures but you get the idea. Even if you don't lose it before uni you should lose it soon, I'd imagine it's mainly water retention if you haven't been moving much and have been eating foods with a high salt content, so don't worry :smile:
Cut off a breast.
You won't be able to lose 4-6lb by Saturday. I doubt it is even that noticeable. You can probably do 3lb by going back to previous eating habits and exercise.
Take about 2-3 weeks of good diet and exercise.
Reply 7
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
If you start eating healthily again you will find that you will drop a few pounds quickly, as much of it will be water retention. You won't be able to lose 4 pounds of fat by Saturday. Just get back into good habits, and lose it slowly.

Thank you! I have read your posts before and you really are an inspiration. I had lost almost 2 stone before so putting this on has really made me feel down. So when you gain a bit of weight quickly is quite a bit of it water retention? Have you ever found you can lose the weight quickly after binging for a bit?
Reply 8
Original post by Anime Lover
Drink loads of water and green tea, do a lot of exercise (maybe spinning at a gym class?) and cut out any junk food. Not sure of it'll work as quickly as you want it to but maybe try changing your intake dramatically each day, so on day 1 have a net intake of 500, day 2 have 900, day 3 have 1600 and day 4 have 400. Not necessarily those figures but you get the idea. Even if you don't lose it before uni you should lose it soon, I'd imagine it's mainly water retention if you haven't been moving much and have been eating foods with a high salt content, so don't worry :smile:

Thank you! Will be trying this out!
swimswimswim

USING THE TSR APP
If you eat little to nothing between now and then you would probably lose more than 4 lbs. But this won't be safe, you will not feel good and I doubt gaining 6 lbs is that noticeable. Its not like you are going be publicly weighed on Saturday.
Reply 11
Eat less, exercise more.

Simple.
Reply 12
You can lose 1-2 lb by eating what you were eating before your Easter binge and no more. You can get away with eating a bit less than that even but not too much otherwise it becomes dangerous.
Original post by notinuse
Thank you! Will be trying this out!

No problem! :smile: Over the past couple of months I've lost nearly a stone through following this, and I was 8st 7 to start with, so if you're heavier the weight should just drop off, don't worry :tongue:
Thank you! I have read your posts before and you really are an inspiration. I had lost almost 2 stone before so putting this on has really made me feel down. So when you gain a bit of weight quickly is quite a bit of it water retention? Have you ever found you can lose the weight quickly after binging for a bit?

Thanks :smile:. It honestly depends on your body, how much you actually ate.. etc. It's very very unlikely that you could have gained 6lbs of fat just over Easter. You'd have had to eat 21,000 EXTRA calories on top of what you normally eat in order to do that. So it is probably a lot of bloat with maybe 1 or 2 actual pounds gained. I usually lose water weight quickly, I'm sure you will as well once you get back into good habits.

Original post by Olympiad
swimswimswim

USING THE TSR APP

Haha this makes it sound as though you're advocating swimming whilst using the TSR app. Not to be advised in water!! Lol.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Thanks :smile:. It honestly depends on your body, how much you actually ate.. etc. It's very very unlikely that you could have gained 6lbs of fat just over Easter. You'd have had to eat 21,000 EXTRA calories on top of what you normally eat in order to do that. So it is probably a lot of bloat with maybe 1 or 2 actual pounds gained. I usually lose water weight quickly, I'm sure you will as well once you get back into good habits.

Haha this makes it sound as though you're advocating swimming whilst using the TSR app. Not to be advised in water!! Lol.

LOOL!
I love swimming ;D
Reply 16
Original post by Anime Lover
No problem! :smile: Over the past couple of months I've lost nearly a stone through following this, and I was 8st 7 to start with, so if you're heavier the weight should just drop off, don't worry :tongue:

Wow that's loads considering you were 8st 7 to start with! If you don't mind me asking how tall are you? I'm 5 ft2 and am 10 stone 6 (Now with the added 6 pounds) and want to get down to High 8st low 9st! I was 11 stone 12 before but lost the weight and have maintained it (til now)
Wow that's loads considering you were 8st 7 to start with! If you don't mind me asking how tall are you? I'm 5 ft2 and am 10 stone 6 (Now with the added 6 pounds) and want to get down to High 8st low 9st! I was 11 stone 12 before but lost the weight and have maintained it (til now)

Yeah, I'm around 7st 9 now, it fluctuates a little but I'm still losing generally :tongue: I'm 5ft 3 but I'm naturally small framed and have pretty much no muscle so that's why I'm not very heavy XD 10st 6 isn't too bad for your height, I'm sure if you change what you eat and exercise more you'll lose loads in no time :biggrin: Wow well done, it's amazing that you've lost so much weight already! :smile: If you want to continue with weight loss try to walk as much as possible instead of getting buses, and swap junk food for healthy stuff that's really filling. I had beetrot soup for lunch and I'm so full and it worked out at around 200 calories, whereas yesterday I sat at home binging on chocolate truffles and quality street and cakes and I still felt hungry. Maybe try using My Fitness Pal, it's a really good app that keeps track of your calorie intake (and what you've burnt through exercise.) I also recommend Danio yoghurts for breakfast, they're around 120-160 calories each and are really thick and quite big :smile:
You have 5 days, it is possible to lose 4 pounds in this time but it would take extreme dieting and tonnes of exercise.
Reply 19
Original post by POWCATTY
for a quick fix, try a detox diet. i know they are controversial, but its only for 2 days.
the one i use - day 1 eat only fruit, so like an orange for breakfast and then fruit salad for dinner and lunch (with a small amount of honey and yoghurt). then the second day eat fruit for breakfast then only salad for lunch and dinner with 50g of cheese and 50g of chicken breast. drink hot lemon water as soon as you get up, and then only water for the rest of the time. i think green tea is recommended too.
WARNING it makes you grumpy as hell! lol. i found i got headaches from not having caffeine, so i had a cup of coffee for breakfast too :smile:
basically you dont eat anything, and its supposed to detox your system. you could probably loose a couple of pounds from this, but itll be mostly water weight - then again that is good as it reduces bloating.
after that, reduce refined carbs an sugar and salt, and drink lots of water and green tea. and exercise!
i expect negs for this, but as i said - the detox is only for 2 days. do not do it for longer! its only a quick fix. y

I love the way these bull**** plans are so goddamn specific. For one or two days, just having nothing or just having one small meal of whatever makes **** all difference compared to having hot honey and lemon at 0900 hours, apple at 1100 hours etc.

Quick Reply

Latest