The Student Room Group

Sociology or Media Studies? Which is the better A-Level?

To be honest the only part I like about Sociology is Women's rights, Crime and Government & the lower class. I love the Media coursework.

I want to ask which is a better A-Level?
Reply 1
Depends what you want to do. If you want to know which is more academic, then sociology. It is more respected by universities (depending on the course). But that doesn't necessarily matter, depending on your plans after A level.
Original post by Zebrajess
Depends what you want to do. If you want to know which is more academic, then sociology. It is more respected by universities (depending on the course). But that doesn't necessarily matter, depending on your plans after A level.

Just in terms of which is a more fun subject and an easier one.
Original post by sempitern
In what sense? Reputation? In relation to what you want to do?
What do you plan to do after A Level?

I want to do medicine but I want to pick these two because I enjoy it, I can only pick one more though
Reply 3
Original post by SexiestNameEver
Just in terms of which is a more fun subject and an easier one.

I want to do medicine but I want to pick these two because I enjoy it, I can only pick one more though

In that case, as long as your other subjects are medicine related, media would be fine. It would be more fun, a good break from the more academic subjects and generally easier. What are your other subject choices?
Original post by Zebrajess
In that case, as long as your other subjects are medicine related, media would be fine. It would be more fun, a good break from the more academic subjects and generally easier. What are your other subject choices?

Chemistry, Biology, Philosophy/and Ethics

Quick Reply