The Student Room Group

searching for grants/scholarships to cover uni fees

Hello I hope you can help. I have applied to go to university (undergraduate)this year- which I really want to do. I was wondering if many people know where I should be looking for grants/ scholarships for both international and home uni applicants. I have also noticed that i may be a bit late for some applications which is unfortunate. My fee status is slightly complicated and I may not be eligible for student finance to support me financially. Besides, looking for grants to cover you is better than loans in the long run. Though I've lived in the UK for some time, my nationality is one outside the EU. I would be grateful to hear from those who know whereabouts to look for grants besides university websites. Hopefully, im not too late to apply! Thanks!
Original post by kenkey
Hello I hope you can help. I have applied to go to university (undergraduate)this year- which I really want to do. I was wondering if many people know where I should be looking for grants/ scholarships for both international and home uni applicants. I have also noticed that i may be a bit late for some applications which is unfortunate. My fee status is slightly complicated and I may not be eligible for student finance to support me financially. Besides, looking for grants to cover you is better than loans in the long run. Though I've lived in the UK for some time, my nationality is one outside the EU. I would be grateful to hear from those who know whereabouts to look for grants besides university websites. Hopefully, im not too late to apply! Thanks!

The 1st thing I would do is speak to the uni of your 1st choice. They will need to ascertain your fee status anyway as if you are not eligible for loans you may have your offer withdrawn. If you are not an EU student you normally need to meet certain criteria such as show you have enough money to pay for your course. They can advise you what to do and in many cases where to apply for funding. Call them and ask to speak to someone who can help you sort out your fee status.
Reply 2
Cheers! I'm planning on doing this very soon. Do you also have any idea of whereabouts I should look for funding even as much as towards my accomodation fees?
Original post by kenkey
Cheers! I'm planning on doing this very soon. Do you also have any idea of whereabouts I should look for funding even as much as towards my accomodation fees?

You could try http://www.scholarship-search.org.uk/

But I would try the uni 1st as many scholarships have residency attached to them.
Reply 4
Original post by kenkey

There are very few funding options for non UK students in the UK
Reply 5
I'm still clarifying my fee status so may be eligible for UK funding. So will be grateful for all funding suggestions. Cheers for the link
Reply 6
Sorry to be blunt, but if you're non-UK/non-EU, you're one of the universities' main source of income. Unless you're that outstanding academically that a uni will headhunt & pay for you, you'll have job getting extra support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending