The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
When I was about 13 I got 146 after getting bored a quarter of the way though so in the end just pressing random buttons... so in reality, mine is probably quite a bit lower.
Reply 81
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Don't be mean. He figured out how to do a posting on TSR, didn't he?

And we're so proud of him. :rolleyes:
Reply 82
Original post by 1992LP
I Googled "quick IQ test" and came up with this:

http://www.quickiqtest.net/

My god. That is bloody impossible! I got 110, but most of it was pure guesswork. It is like the UKCAT all over again!

I tried it and I got 101 but I agree with most people on that the iq test is mostly useless! :borat:
Reply 83
Original post by Skilled
If you had an IQ of 157, you wouldn't post it on here to show off.

You've never met an egotistical smart person?

As Spock once said (i think it was actually a quote from a philosopher) "Superior ability breeds superior ambition". Whilst not always the case, ambitious people tend to be more confident and confidence is one step away from being egotistical which in turn is a step away from arrogance.

For some reason in the UK being egotistical is looked down upon.
Reply 84
Original post by Rakas21
You've never met an egotistical smart person?

As Spock once said (i think it was actually a quote from a philosopher) "Superior ability breeds superior ambition". Whilst not always the case, ambitious people tend to be more confident and confidence is one step away from being egotistical which in turn is a step away from arrogance.

For some reason in the UK being egotistical is looked down upon.

A true peoples person and an intelligent one is a person who does wonders without people expecting it from him/her and helping people up in life instead of being egotistical and de-motivating people and reminding them of how poor of a situation they are in.
Reply 85
My IQ= integer infinity. Enough said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Skilled
A true peoples person and an intelligent one is a person who does wonders without people expecting it from him/her and helping people up in life instead of being egotistical and de-motivating people and reminding them of how poor of a situation they are in.

Arrogance is de-motivating but i'm a bit of egotist myself though i've never thought it was harming anybody else, you can't help it if you like yourself and know what your capable of. That's a good point, i've always struggled with the selfless modesty.
Reply 87
Original post by Rakas21
Arrogance is de-motivating but i'm a bit of egotist myself though i've never thought it was harming anybody else, you can't help it if you like yourself and know what your capable of. That's a good point, i've always struggled with the selfless modesty.

I'm not saying its wrong to state what your good at, all I'm saying is keep it to a limit where others are not effected. In instances such as a job interview, of course you have to show how proud you are of what you are good at. But in other instances such as if someones lost their job because of a certain skill deficit and you go in front of him/her and talk about how you got the job because of that skill, isn't that going to worsen their already saddened mood?
Original post by ArounaF
We and pretty much the entire
world have been suffering from an
economic downturn. What I don't
understand is why we don't just
print more money? Then with that
money we can pay all the debts we
have and pay people more so they
can live well?

Lol.
Original post by TheGuy117
So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157 :biggrin:

You're not a genius until you've proved it. But anyway I call bull****.
Original post by ThatPerson
You're not a genius until you've proved it. But anyway I call bull****.

Although, to be fair, how could he prove it on TSR? Say lots of clever things? :confused:
tbh if you had a IQ of 157, then you probably wouldn't be the type of person to post something like this!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
-Socrates
Although, to be fair, how could he prove it on TSR? Say lots of clever things? :confused:

I'm pretty sure you get a certificate! - I may be wrong
Original post by JerzyDudek
Lol.

I want to 'thumbs up' this comment in text
Original post by CharliePhillips
I'm pretty sure you get a certificate! - I may be wrong

I'm sure lots of people would call 'fake' if he posted a copy of it, the way things are generally on here.
tbf TSR, a high IQ score does indicate intellectual/cognitive aptitude to an extent... that's never been seriously disputed

e.g. someone with a measured IQ of 157 will always be objectively more intelligent that someone who scores 80 on the same test.. to claim otherwise is just burying one's head in the sand
Reply 96
I'm sure lots of people would call 'fake' if he posted a copy of it, the way things are generally on here.

Dem certificate.

Mensa-IQ-Certificate-Anonymised[1].png
Original post by Emre944
Dem certificate.

Surely someone with an infinite IQ would have cropped the bottom edge of the 'certificate' before posting it? I smell a rat :tongue:
Reply 98
join mensa with all the other wannabe genius ****loops
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Pastaferian
Surely someone with an infinite IQ would have cropped the bottom edge of the 'certificate' before posting it? I smell a rat :tongue:

Ooo you must be a genius. :biggrin:

Latest