The Student Room Group

Bad grades to A grades

Those who have successfully obtained As in AS Chem, Bio, Maths and RS after bad results in Jan exams, how did you do it?:redface:
Reply 1
i got a c in my chem AS and then i retook f322 and did f324 in jan and got As in both of them. Just did loads and loads of past papers and questions also learnt all the definitions off by heart!!
Reply 2
I got a B in GCSE maths (considered bad by TSR standards) and then got an A (98ums) In C1 in January (have yet to take my other exams in the summer).

For maths I can say
- Understand the topics, buy multiple books if you need, get as much practice as possible (for edexcel I recommend the CGP book and the offical book, helped me a ton)
- Using www.youtube.com/user/maths247 and www.examsolutions.net for key understanding
- Past papers, check where you went wrong, go back to your book and review this topic
- Solomon papers, you can do these before or after past papers, personally I did them before, the actual papers that way felt easier, and the topics and questions in solomon papers did come up once or twice in my c1 exam

Other then that, revise a lot, but not too much and you should be fine (applicable for s1, c2 etc)
Reply 3
Thx lots..really helps!
Reply 4
Good luck for ur coming exams!😀
Original post by Robbie242
I got a B in GCSE maths (considered bad by TSR standards) and then got an A (98ums) In C1 in January (have yet to take my other exams in the summer).

For maths I can say
- Understand the topics, buy multiple books if you need, get as much practice as possible (for edexcel I recommend the CGP book and the offical book, helped me a ton)
- Using www.youtube.com/user/maths247 and www.examsolutions.net for key understanding
- Past papers, check where you went wrong, go back to your book and review this topic
- Solomon papers, you can do these before or after past papers, personally I did them before, the actual papers that way felt easier, and the topics and questions in solomon papers did come up once or twice in my c1 exam

Other then that, revise a lot, but not too much and you should be fine (applicable for s1, c2 etc)

In C3 and C4, the 2012 exams had some Solomon paper questions - just different equations. Exact wording and everything :eek:
Reply 6
I do so much revision and still mange to fail to jan exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think gotta do many many past papers and read examiners reports too and do them now. :yes:. Good luck for coming exams..let me know how it goes!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest