The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tc92
As Bruce Buck said, our chopping and changing has actually worked pretty much every time. Guus & Robbie being the most successful clearly, Avram managing to get us to 3 finals (if you count taking it to the last day in the league) and still cocking every single one of them up.

And it's a very rare thing for me to agree with Buck/Gourlay & co.!

We're doing well in spite of all the changes not because of them for the most part. Despite huge investment we have won only three league titles since Roman took over. Without sounding arrogant, that's a poor return. And fans dub the Galactico v 1.0 regime of Real Madrid as a failure....
Original post by Malevolent
This my friend is Zidane's biggest fan. Makes multiple accounts to post about him :laugh:

Ah yes. Maybe they can IP ban him to stop him making a different account each time :s-smilie:
Original post by Isometrix
Ah yes. Maybe they can IP ban him to stop him making a different account each time :s-smilie:

Apparently they can't cause hes using a proxy or something? :s-smilie: no idea what that means but thats what they say haha
Reply 863
Proxy's are naff. Anyone who spends time around that stuff can figure out how to bypass proxy's. They're no better than TOR, should be using a VPN. Surely TSR is capable of tracing someone using a proxy?

Also good morning all.
Original post by Tweek
Proxy's are naff. Anyone who spends time around that stuff can figure out how to bypass proxy's. They're no better than TOR, should be using a VPN. Surely TSR is capable of tracing someone using a proxy?

Also good morning all.

Not a computer person so no clue but would be nice to get rid of that guy.
Original post by Tweek

Also good morning all.
ahaha this guy tryna sound smart but anyone who knows a thing or 2 about computers will laugh in his fcking face.. wants me to set up/pay for a new VPN server every time i get banned lmao

the only information a website can get from a client is IP address and cookies (i.e. website history). i use port proxies (so as far as their concerned -im a guy living in germany/romania/russia etc.)

all i have to do is clear cookies and tick something in my internet options (got my port info saved) to become completely untracable. i dont need to go through the effort of getting a fcking virtual machine to achieve the same effect.. the only difference is with a VPN u get a different MAC address (something which there is no possible way of them tracing anyway), just goes to show that these nerds will go through extreme lengths to get around a ban

edit: u don't even need a proxy of any sort. the vast majority of us will be using dynamic IP addresses, so all we need to do is disconnect and reconnect the router and bam, new IP.

that concludes computer science lecture101, thank u. my free office hours are 14:00 - 16:00 every weekday, please feel free to see me if u have any questions
(edited 11 years ago)
lol just realised he mentioned using TOR. TOR is just a database of available port proxies, idiot. that is what i use and thats what most people refer to when talking about a proxy
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 867
[INDENT]Fellow CFC Fans,

My name is luke and I am sure anyone taking thier time to read this is a huge football fan like myself.

I am currently writing a dissertation in my final year at Bournemouth Uni on the portryal of footballers in the newspapers, and trying to find out if this portrayal effects football fans.

As the thread says I need your help by, you the football fans, taking a 5 mins of your day to fill in my questionnaire. It will be hugely appreciatted and will be exactly what I need to help me, the view of the football fan.

The link is below and I thank you greatly for your time. C'mon the chels!!!

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/121498...s-in-the-media [/INDENT]
Original post by lukea22
[INDENT]Fellow CFC Fans,

My name is luke and I am sure anyone taking thier time to read this is a huge football fan like myself.

I am currently writing a dissertation in my final year at Bournemouth Uni on the portryal of footballers in the newspapers, and trying to find out if this portrayal effects football fans.

As the thread says I need your help by, you the football fans, taking a 5 mins of your day to fill in my questionnaire. It will be hugely appreciatted and will be exactly what I need to help me, the view of the football fan.

Done :yy:
Original post by lukea22
[INDENT]Fellow CFC Fans,

done, good survey, anything for a fellow Chelsea fan
Reply 870
Done :yy:

Thank you I appreciate this so much. How you feeling today about yesterdays result?
Reply 871
Original post by chelseafreak
done, good survey, anything for a fellow Chelsea fan

Thank you I appreciate this so much. How you feeling today about yesterdays result?
Original post by lukea22

Disappointed but I knew it was a difficult game. I guess on the bright side we can focus more on the league, and hopefully win the Europa.
Reply 873
Disappointed but I knew it was a difficult game. I guess on the bright side we can focus more on the league, and hopefully win the Europa.

league is huge for us. I couldnt bare another season in the europa league. It hinders evey other competition due to the thursday night schedules.
Reply 874
Original post by NDGAARONDI
We're doing well in spite of all the changes not because of them for the most part. Despite huge investment we have won only three league titles since Roman took over. Without sounding arrogant, that's a poor return. And fans dub the Galactico v 1.0 regime of Real Madrid as a failure....

Yeah kinda like what I said especially in an age where the only real competition for the title was man united. Mourinho years obviously were our best years and we were winning 2 trophies a season with ease and were the favourites for each trophy every year. Now we've been struggling to win 1 a season and are never favourites for a trophy unless the obvious culprits are out(city/united/barca/madrid/bayern)
Reply 875
Original post by NDGAARONDI

But the point is: mid-term changes have been successful. We almost certainly wouldn't have won the Champions League last year if AVB had stayed. Similarly under Scolari we were about to go out of every competition in the space of a week, but Hiddink got us an FA Cup and only UEFA robbed us of a Champions League final spot.

Whether longer-term it provides a solid basis for success is a different question. But in the circumstances, chopping Scolari & AVB were successful decisions.
Original post by tc92
But the point is: mid-term changes have been successful. We almost certainly wouldn't have won the Champions League last year if AVB had stayed. Similarly under Scolari we were about to go out of every competition in the space of a week, but Hiddink got us an FA Cup and only UEFA robbed us of a Champions League final spot.

Whether longer-term it provides a solid basis for success is a different question. But in the circumstances, chopping Scolari & AVB were successful decisions.

Well, the severence packages better not cost us participation in Europe later on.
Reply 877
Original post by lukea22
Fellow CFC Fans,

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/121498...s-in-the-media

Done boss
Reply 878
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/323803334458892288
FA confirms Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero will face no action for his challenge on Chelsea defender David Luiz

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. FA are an embarrassment to football.
Original post by Nickini
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/323803334458892288

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. FA are an embarrassment to football.
great decision, was never a foul imo. he had his eyes on the ball from what i can remember - accidents happen in football

Latest