The Student Room Group

Chester Nursing Group Interview

Deleted
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi I also have my interview next week, 16th April at Warrington campus what date is yours? To be honest I know a few people who have been Nd have said its not to bad, in a group interview you have to make sure u have a good balance and not be to quiet or to dominant in the conversation, you have to remember that there are only a certain amount of places and u want to make sure u secure one of those. Hope All goes well for you.
Reply 2
Hi guys! I also have an interview at Chester for Nursing! Mine is tomorrow! I am SOOO nervous! I have heard from a friend that it is a relaxed atmosphere and there will be 9 other people in there with you taking part so there will be a lot of conversation you can chip in with.
Like already said, you must say enough to stand out from the others, but not too much as to look like you are bossy! The group discussion is mainly to see how we are when in contact with other people and to test our interpersonal skills as well as knowledge.
Like you I suffer super bad with anxiety and this interview is my last chance at a place in uni this year so all the pressure is on!:frown: Suppose we just have to keep calm, stay positive and just be ourselves!
When is your interview and at which campus?
:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sam00
Hi I hope your interview went well today. My interview is next week at the Chester Campus. I think because I lack confident social skills and struggle in groups that I may not perform well in the group. I know I will be quaking in my boots so the chances of showing I am good are slim

I was so nervous! I had the group interview straight away and could hear my heart beating out of my chest! There were 8 people including me in the interview ad 5 people observing us. It was my worst nightmare! There was one girl who wouldn't give anyone else a chance to speak! I spoke about twice and was so shaky! They asked for us to introduce ourselves and say what we are currently doing; everyone else was on an entry to nursing course and worked in hospitals on wards, however I am only in college and have done a little work experience! I know I haven't done well at all! I know for a fact I will be refused! However the maths and literacy tests were SIMPLE!
Unfortunately Chester was the one and only place I wanted to be! and so i will probably take a gap year or have a different career until later on in life as I also noticed a lot of people there and on the course were 'mature students'.
I am sure you will do perfectly well and go far! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Itsallaboutfran
Hi I also have my interview next week, 16th April at Warrington campus what date is yours? To be honest I know a few people who have been Nd have said its not to bad, in a group interview you have to make sure u have a good balance and not be to quiet or to dominant in the conversation, you have to remember that there are only a certain amount of places and u want to make sure u secure one of those. Hope All goes well for you.

Hi, I went for my interview on 16th at Warrington as well. Think it went ok, really relaxed and friendly. How do you think it went? I am stalking track at the minute!!! If I get offered it's Warrington Campus that I want, how about you?
Reply 5
[QUOTE="shell001;42291224"]Hi, I went for my interview on 16th at Warrington as well. Think it went ok, really relaxed and friendly. How do you think it went? I am stalking track at the minute!!! If I get offered it's Warrington Campus that I want, how about you?[/QUOTE

I received my reply from the university.. I knew it but they confirmed I have not got a place! But I am going to make my gap year the best year of my life!! I hope you all receive the reply that you want! All the best guys!! X
Reply 6
Sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful. I hope you have a fantastic gap year and hope that you are successful in the future. If nursing is what you want to do, then don't give up.

Shell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending