The Student Room Group

How far are you with your AS revision?

Scroll to see replies

C2 Retake - Got 85 UMS in January so it's last priority atm :P
S2 - Need to revise
C3 - I've revised most things... but need to revise the trigonometry (it's horrible)
Spanish - I'm sorted, need a lil more work on my oral (any ideas anyone)
German - Basically the same as Spanish, but I'm much more screwed for my oral
English - Coursework's looking quite bad (one half is on an E atm :'( ), and I need to learn critical material.
Critical Thinking - Who cares? It's an extra one that's not being certificated.

Is this like normal to be this unprepared at this stage? :P Seeing as I'm predicted all A's... I'm feeling like I've screwed up
Reply 21
Erm making notes. Next week or so will have to re read notes and start past papers/
C1 - revised and completed a few past papers
C2 - still got sequences left to revise :rolleyes: but other than that I've started doing past papers
S1 - haven't started revising yet!
Bio unit 1 - almost completed my notes, should be finished in a couple of days then I will start past papers
Bio unit 2 - halfway through making notes but not too worried about revising unit 2 as this exam is after half term so I will just continue making notes whenever I can
Psychology core studies - made notes for almost all the studies just need to do past papers
Philosophy - haven't really revised yet but it's all reading so...
I'm a bit behind schedule but there is still a month left and a lot can be achieved when under pressure!
Reply 23
Sociology - 75%
Psychology - 40%
Politics - 55%
Reply 24
C1= done and I done all past papers
C2= nearly done and started past papers
D1= One more chapter left and started past papers
Biology unit 1 = done and done past papers
Biology unit 2 = nearly done
Chemistry unit 1 = done and done most past papers
Chemistry unit 2 = almost done
To be honest my teachers are acting as if we have all the time in the world >< im scared for my exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Onto past papers for 4/6 of my exams but need to cover content for other two
Reply 26
C2 = Just doing past papers now. Seems to be going okay; perhaps I should revisit integration and bearings (:colondollar:) quickly though.

S1 = Went over what had been taught, and finished off by self-teaching the rest. I think I should go over cumulative frequency tables though.

Politics = Went over Parliament, Constitution and almost finished Executive. Just need to do the judiciary now.

Computing = It's getting there. But it's my last exam and I have another whole half term to revise for it, so it's been at the bottom of my priorities.

Economics = Everything revised (I think/hope). Just doing past papers.
C2 ..I've revised and I'm doing past papers. I still don't get sequences though :frown:
S1..we still have 2 topics to cover at school :eek:
Biology: most of unit 1 and 2 covered.
Chemistry: brain overload..I need to seriously get down to learning the equations.
Physics..pretty much completed
Spanish.. on top of everything, all exam papers done too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
C2 - Questions from the book and some exam papers
S1 - Two past papers
PSYA1 - Finished Cognitive, need to write notes on Attachment
PSYA2 - Haven't started
ECON1 - Past papers, but primarily the MC questions
ECON2 - Haven't started
COMP1 - Haven't started

C2 and ECON1 are the first exams I have, on the 13th May, so I should be able to get some solid revision for those over the next four weeks. I just hope I can fit it all in.
Reply 29
Chem: unit2 doing past papers
Bio: finishing up learning notes
Maths: C3 past papers
C4 one topic left to do
Fp1 finished all Qs in textbook
S2: nothing..
D1: one topic left

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Right now I'm on the Norman conquest and the following changes to the kingdom, methods in context and education for Sociology and...something for English, not too sure what exactly I'm doing for that (it's text analysis but our teacher hasn't really given us much material to work off of, the notes for the books we're looking at are all done and sorted but it's only the analysis I'm having issue with.)
Reply 31
Not as far as I'd like to be, for one we haven't finished learning everything in lectures.

I started revision properly a couple of days ago.

For Psychology I've memorised 2/50 essays haha, but am also making revision cards to test myself on those essays so I just before the exam I can check I know everything I need to :biggrin: Hoping to learn 1 essay a day before my exam on the 5th of June.

I've done many revision cards for Human Biology (Up until what we've learned in lectures), and now I just have to learn them off by heart and I plan to make revision cards for the other subjects left to learn while we're going a long and learn them while we're going along. I've also done a couple past-paper questions too for this :smile:

And for Sociology I've done...nothing. Planning to start revision for Sociology tomorrow. I didn't do anything for my Sociology exam in January, and I have no idea how the hell I managed to get an A.. But I won't take my chance with this exam.

I feel like I've done so much revision but when I write it down, it really doesn't look like much. :frown: But for a couple days work it's not too bad, should be able to get a lot done at this pace before the exam.

Good luck to everyone else :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by RB136444
Not as far as I'd like to be, for one we haven't finished learning everything in lectures.

I started revision properly a couple of days ago.

For Psychology I've memorised 2/50 essays haha, but am also making revision cards to test myself on those essays so I just before the exam I can check I know everything I need to :biggrin: Hoping to learn 1 essay a day before my exam on the 5th of June.

I've done many revision cards for Human Biology (Up until what we've learned in lectures), and now I just have to learn them off by heart and I plan to make revision cards for the other subjects left to learn while we're going a long and learn them while we're going along. I've also done a couple past-paper questions too for this :smile:

And for Sociology I've done...nothing. Planning to start revision for Sociology tomorrow. I didn't do anything for my Sociology exam in January, and I have no idea how the hell I managed to get an A.. But I won't take my chance with this exam.

I feel like I've done so much revision but when I write it down, it really doesn't look like much. :frown: But for a couple days work it's not too bad, should be able to get a lot done at this pace before the exam.

Good luck to everyone else :biggrin:

I am doing Sociology AQA

AS or A2?
How do people 'finish revision' for Maths? I just use Maths past papers, and past papers alone (no revision). Is this bad?
omg i have 3 weeks remaining n i have done **** guys.....
C1 = since its a resit i hardly care all i did is a lil revision n i think im all good with it
S1 = just started it about 15% complete
Econ 2 = i have read my note twice but im not understanding anything...
Bus 1 = resit so i haven't read much but i know i have covered about 65%
bus 2 = about 69% covered
Ict 1 = submitted n i need to make few amendments
Ict 2 =not yet done database!
Ict 3 = i don't know what has to be done...!!!

Guys please help me please....
Reply 35
Original post by sammyvine
I am doing Sociology AQA

AS or A2?

I'm doing AS :biggrin: How about you??
Reply 36
I'm looking at past papers looking what questions haven't come up in ages. And also writing down answers to the question. Proper scared about exams but excited at same time
Reply 37
Original post by Hey you
I'm looking at past papers looking what questions haven't come up in ages. And also writing down answers to the question. Proper scared about exams but excited at same time

Ditto
Reply 38
Original post by Alex-Torres
How do people 'finish revision' for Maths? I just use Maths past papers, and past papers alone (no revision). Is this bad?

I guess with maths it's more about practicing. I have a revision guide that I use for rules/equations blah blah and there's exam questions at the end of every chapter too..
Reply 39
Original post by RB136444

I'm doing AS :biggrin: How about you??

Same

Just revising family.

Quick Reply

Latest