The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joe7
Anyone up for the revision game? I'm struggling to find the motivation to revise Biology and Physics now I've read my revision guide so many times, so some questions would be an appreciated change.

I have to do revision for other subjects atm, but if you wanna do Science revision MYGCSESCIENCE on Youtube is always helpful?
Original post by lolface32
I have to do revision for other subjects atm, but if you wanna do Science revision MYGCSESCIENCE on Youtube is always helpful?

I agree, I'm also a big fan of his videos and watch them as soon as they're released. Unfortunately though I've watched every single video he's released up to now, and I'm currently eagerly awaiting new videos.
Original post by Joe7
I agree, I'm also a big fan of his videos and watch them as soon as they're released. Unfortunately though I've watched every single video he's released up to now, and I'm currently eagerly awaiting new videos.

hahaha, well since you know all of science do lit revision? :colondollar:
hahaha, well since you know all of science do lit revision? :colondollar:

I did a fair amount of English Lit revision over the holidays and I'm now sick to death of analysing poems on conflict. The sciences are also my weakest subjects so I'm spending the majority of my time revising them. I've got to say however, the final unit of Biology on how humans affect the environment is really doing my head in. It's an utterly pointless unit.
Nope, i did the one on energy from fuels, and thanks lolface32 :wink:
Original post by Joe7
I did a fair amount of English Lit revision over the holidays and I'm now sick to death of analysing poems on conflict. The sciences are also my weakest subjects so I'm spending the majority of my time revising them. I've got to say however, the final unit of Biology on how humans affect the environment is really doing my head in. It's an utterly pointless unit.

Hmm, I don't think it is "pointless". It will play a massive part in the future of the planet. Revise math then?? :biggrin:
Hmm, I don't think it is "pointless". It will play a massive part in the future of the planet. Revise math then?? :biggrin:

I agree that the content of the unit it is important, however I think it is a bit silly how it's been thrown in at the end of B3 and doesn't really link with the other chapters which all fit together nicely. It'd be much more suited to being placed in B1 which contains similar topics.
Original post by Joe7
I agree that the content of the unit it is important, however I think it is a bit silly how it's been thrown in at the end of B3 and doesn't really link with the other chapters which all fit together nicely. It'd be much more suited to being placed in B1 which contains similar topics.

Meh, I think majority of stuff on it should have been on B1. It is a massive waste of time and is extremely basic and boring:frown:
Original post by Efemena15
My ISA results:

Biology: 46
Chemistry: 44 (:mad:)
Physics: 49

Brilliant ISA results, i got

Biology - 39/50 - probs 84 ums or lower.
Chemistry - 43/50 - probs 94 ums or lower
Physics - 41/50 - 88 ums or lower.

I'm over the moon with them.
What do people think the ISA boundaries will be?
I've been advised to go on the basis of 41 A*, 37 A, 33 B, 31 C, 28 D
We've also been advised by our Science teachers that 41 will most likely be the A* boundary, however I have no idea what information this is based off. In previous years 36/40 has been required for an A*, which is 90%, so the logical conclusion would be that 45/50 would be the A* boundary this year. However having said that, I go to a top grammar school and only a couple of people in each class are achieving marks higher than 40.

I'm still awaiting my Biology ISA to be marked, but so far I've got 41 in the Chemistry ISA and 40 in the Physics ISA.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ahh okay, i hope its not higher than 41 :smile:
Original post by Captain Anonymous

Our chemistry teacher said she thought it would be 42.

Same here, I'm targeting an A* in all three sciences and if the ISA grade boundaries are higher than expected I will certainly have a lot to do in the Unit 3 exams. It's a little annoying that AQA don't release the grade boundaries before August, as we have little idea as to whether our ISA results are good or not.
what do you guys the following will be equivalent to in UMS:

Physics: 45
Chemistry: 48
Biology: 45
what do you guys the following will be equivalent to in UMS:

Physics: 45
Chemistry: 48
Biology: 45

Why are you worrying about it so much?
Why are you worrying about it so much?

I just want to make sure, i do well in them. :colondollar:
Mine and Midnight's results clearly show that ISAs are a flawed process. That person who got 49 in all of them clearly got lots of help, then theres me who has:

Biology: 43
Physics: 42
Chem: 38 atm (First ever ISA so i'll retake and obviously get 42 or so again, that's like 100% in our school for people with actual knowledge of science.)

What's worse is all the C grade students get so much help in the ISAs, if I ask anything they won't help just cause I do well in the exams. It's a sly way to pull the stupid useless lazy students up. How can someone who gets Ds and Cs get 49 in an ISA in our school!?

Rant over
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sneakbo2
Mine and Midnight's results clearly show that ISAs are a flawed process. That person who got 49 in all of them clearly got lots of help, then theres me who has:

Biology: 43
Physics: 42
Chem: 38 atm (First ever ISA so i'll retake and obviously get 42 or so again, that's like 100% in our school.)

i could help you, with your ISAs if you would like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending