The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling University 2013

I just firmly accepted an unconditional offer for Marketing and Spanish at Stirling :biggrin: anyone else applied for this course or going to Stirling in September? It would be nice to know a few people before I go! I'm moving from Glasgow :redface:

Laura x

Scroll to see replies

Heya, although I did not apply for Marketing, I also applied for a joint-honours involving Spanish at Stirling, and got an unconditional offer :biggrin: Are you picking it up from scratch too, or did you study it at school? My school didn't offer it as a subject. So if things go a certain way I may end up going there (my first choice is Aberdeen).
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Heya, although I did not apply for Marketing, I also applied for a joint-honours involving Spanish at Stirling, and got an unconditional offer :biggrin: Are you picking it up from scratch too, or did you study it at school? My school didn't offer it as a subject. So if things go a certain way I may end up going there (my first choice is Aberdeen).

Aww that's awesome! I chose it this year as a Crash Higher and I've been doing really well :biggrin: What is your joint honours? Is it the university of Robert Gordon in Aberdeen?
The joint honours I've applied for is French with Spanish, and nah University of Aberdeen
Reply 4
Aww that's good! My friend is doing French and Spanish at Glasgow Uni
Reply 5
I'll be doing Business Studies and Marketing. :smile: If I'm not mistaken, we'll be doing the same modules in the first year.
Reply 6
Original post by TheTechTuna
I'll be doing Business Studies and Marketing. :smile: If I'm not mistaken, we'll be doing the same modules in the first year.

Really? That's great! Have you accepted your place yet and are you going to the applicant's day on the 13th?
Reply 7
Original post by Lmhenry1
Really? That's great! Have you accepted your place yet and are you going to the applicant's day on the 13th?

I'm most probably going to firm it. But I'm an international student so I can't fly for the applicant's day, unfortunately. :frown: I've heard very good things about Stirling though. Have you visited the campus already?
Reply 8
Oh no that's a shame :frown: but I'm sure you will love it! I haven't visited it yet but I'm going to the applicant's day, I'm really excited :smile:
Reply 9
I've accepted my unconditional to study French and Spanish! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm going in September, from NI. I obviously won't know ANYONE so I'd like to know a few people before I come over too :smile:
I'm 19, 20 in July. Going to study Nursing but I'll be on campus with all the other students rather than with the other nurses off campus, as I don't know the area either..
Um, yea, so that's me, anyone wanna be my friend? :biggrin: lol
Original post by MarianneY
I'm going in September, from NI. I obviously won't know ANYONE so I'd like to know a few people before I come over too :smile:
I'm 19, 20 in July. Going to study Nursing but I'll be on campus with all the other students rather than with the other nurses off campus, as I don't know the area either..
Um, yea, so that's me, anyone wanna be my friend? :biggrin: lol

I'm coming from France and will be 20 in September too!
You're going to apply for Alexander Court?
Reply 12
Original post by BooksOfWonder
I'm coming from France and will be 20 in September too!
You're going to apply for Alexander Court?

Alexander court is for returning students?
We can apply for

Alexander court is for returning students?
We can apply for

Oh I thought I had seen that it was for nurses, sorry! Which one are you going to apply for then?
Reply 14
Original post by BooksOfWonder
Oh I thought I had seen that it was for nurses, sorry! Which one are you going to apply for then?

I am liking AKD, purely because of the sink in the room. I'd like to be able to brush my teeth, wash my face, get a drink or whatever else, whenever I want. The other ones arent bad either but I really want a sink in my room so that will be my first choice.
I'm not too sure about the Nursing residence because we have to keep control of the heating and electric, but, it is closer to the hospital and it will be other nurses. I'm also thinking, I don't wanna take myself away from the students doing other subjects. So, I'm still unsure which to go for..:s-smilie:
Reply 15
i have firmed my unconditional offer to study marketing an psychology at Stirling :biggrin: would be great to get to know anyone doing the same or a similar course!
Firmed Stirling as my first choice to study Spanish and French BA. I'm from Newcastle so was thinking it would be nice to meet people here before going. I've applied for the 5 year course but they said if I meet the grades I can do the 4 year one (which is what I want).

Really want to stay in a hall of residence rather than a flat. Does anyone one know how / when we can apply for accommodation?
Reply 17
Original post by MaroonHedgehog
Firmed Stirling as my first choice to study Spanish and French BA. I'm from Newcastle so was thinking it would be nice to meet people here before going. I've applied for the 5 year course but they said if I meet the grades I can do the 4 year one (which is what I want).

Really want to stay in a hall of residence rather than a flat. Does anyone one know how / when we can apply for accommodation?

I've firmed to do French & Spanish too but i'm staying in Muirhead! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am liking AKD, purely because of the sink in the room. I'd like to be able to brush my teeth, wash my face, get a drink or whatever else, whenever I want. The other ones arent bad either but I really want a sink in my room so that will be my first choice.
I'm not too sure about the Nursing residence because we have to keep control of the heating and electric, but, it is closer to the hospital and it will be other nurses. I'm also thinking, I don't wanna take myself away from the students doing other subjects. So, I'm still unsure which to go for..:s-smilie:

N.b. of the accommodation available to first years the only ones without sinks in the room are Fraser.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I'm studying business studies next year anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest