The Student Room Group

Business idea help?!

So I'm trying to come up with a business idea for a college project but I'm finding it hard to come up with a business.

Can the TSR Community help me out?!

Let me know if you have a business idea I can look into more, or tell me what frustrates you guys about a product or service that you think is a gap in the market e.g. customer pains.

Thanks guys looking forward to hearing your ideas!! :smile:
A brothel
Reply 2
Lol trollin' already I see. Not really helping buddy.
Original post by RusKii91
So I'm trying to come up with a business idea for a college project but I'm finding it hard to come up with a business.

Let me know if you have a business idea I can look into more, or tell me what frustrates you guys about a product or service that you think is a gap in the market e.g. customer pains.

Why would somebody with a great business idea simply give it to you?

If I had a good concept, I would probably keep it for myself and use it. You should start sourcing your own ideas instead of feeding of other people.

You could start by looking at problems, and how they can be fixed - then create a business around it.
Reply 4
look at your life, what you use, how it could be improved. this is how a good business concept starts.
You could manufacture and sell magic 8-balls which give business ideas when shaken.
Reply 6

Don't be disheartened if it takes a while to think of an idea - if it were that easy to find, someone would already have done it. However, I do have a silly little idea: some way of attaching papers to a laptop screen so that they hang around the edge (so you can still see all the screen, but also the papers, without moving your head).
Reply 7
Original post by Smaug123
Don't be disheartened if it takes a while to think of an idea - if it were that easy to find, someone would already have done it. However, I do have a silly little idea: some way of attaching papers to a laptop screen so that they hang around the edge (so you can still see all the screen, but also the papers, without moving your head).

Do you mean like a music stand, but that attaches to the laptop? For journal articles/books? I like that.
Reply 8
Original post by Salgoud
Do you mean like a music stand, but that attaches to the laptop? For journal articles/books? I like that.

Yeah, that was the sort of thing I meant :smile:
Reply 9
Lol! I think there are a lot of lazy people to actually steal ideas and put it into action. That's why I asked the question.

Don't worry guyss. I've come up with the idea of a protein restaurant diner in central london. << See how open I am about it.

Anyway. Thanks for the 'helpful' replies :biggrin:
Lol! I think there are a lot of lazy people to actually steal ideas and put it into action. That's why I asked the question.

Don't worry guyss. I've come up with the idea of a protein restaurant diner in central london. << See how open I am about it.

Anyway. Thanks for the 'helpful' replies :biggrin:

I wrote a business plan for a restaurant. Let me know if you need any help.

Quick Reply